Zeus

Arctic Iron Mine

So what's an Arctic Iron Mine?

I see them pop up every once in a while,
    but can't find any info in the forums.

A new loot from one of the adventures?

World
    Zeus
    Supposedly from what I've read and gathered from different sources. It's a level 5 Iron Mine (no build license required) has a cosmetic change to it with some ice and snow on it. If you destroy it or let it deplete it's gone and does not go back to your star menu.

I don't own one so I can't confirm that.

It's suppose to be one of the 33% chance loot drop from Invasion of Nords (Nord 2)

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ctic+iron+mine

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i have one. and the stuff ronempire said is right. mine hasnt depleted yet but when you try to destroy it, it warns you that you lose it. Its really only usefull if you fill your iron mines up with deposits and never let it deplete

World
    Ares
    cool let's all try the new Nords
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Imo the mine isn't worth it But the manor is if you want to replace nobles. Manor is easier to get then a witch tower but cost more to get from loot because the adventure is pricey. Also if you have a fairy tale building the rainbow buff is worth using on it. Which that would be the main reason rainbow buffs would be worth more then 4x price of stadium snacks. Bag of rainbow snow is a x4 buff for 4 days. Im sure you can friend buff making it 6 days. Plus the premium Friends buff adding even more.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    rainbow is self-buff only, so worth roughly 2.5 stadium snacks, i.e. 4k gc or so... not terrible, now with 50% bonus on granite, which is at 33% chance... i'll stick to doing FT for a while, this isnt really that attractive of an alternative... 12k gc to run it...50% chance you'll make profit.... i'll take 100% from CLT

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by morz View Post
    Im sure you can friend buff making it 6 days. Plus the premium Friends buff adding even more.
    ARE YOU SURE?

LOL.

Reports from a lot of sources say that it is NOT buffable by a friend. The buff does not show up with you visit another island. It is tradeable just self buff only.

World
    Ares
    Pitkin on TSO server gave me his ... and i couldn't find use for it so Ukwicca stole it from me LOLOLOL in trade for something i can't remember, (she no's on that server, i just click thru my mail without looking) i do remember seeing that blue hat go flying out the door though!

So I'm sure it must be worth something since one of my best testing officers stole it out from under me LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

If you are on Zeus server, send a mail to Artillerest, and ask him about the Arctic Iron Mine, as well as anything to do with NordsII, and if you are on Ares, talk to Loucaux...
    They are both on testing team, and are most knowledgeable for that Adventure, i will send them mails to ask them to respond to this thread...

Art was the 1st to attain so much of NordsII prizes.... i do not remember how many he ended up with btw...

btw- Lou has made an excellent guide for NordsII it is here- http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ds-Guide-Draft

Hope this helps!
    Asia

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The arctic mine has the advantage that it doesn't use a licence -- so you can free up a building licence used in an iron mine for something else

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thanks Asia ^_^

I can confirm that the Arctic Mine is destroyed upon depletion -- so one has to be careful.

Reply to Thread