Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PvP, T_D's Way

World
    Zeus

Post PvP, T_D's Way

So by now, everyone knows that PvP has been planned for 2+ years, China already has a version of PvP (which is really lame) And that i am Pro-PvP.

In my Last PvP Thread, i had talked about a separate island, where you could build rair resource mines, have a Awesome Guild battle, and attack without mercy on other players.

Now... if you hate PvP then read this. I ain't trying to change your view, however PvP can bring a lot of good things into the game, such as:

A: More Players: If you live in Ares you may not notice it as much, But Zeus would agree, very few players ever come anymore. This means that you may be the best guild, but you have a hard time expanding, or for you G-1 happy players, think sausage

B: Guild Purpose: If you're in a guild, you may be having lots of fun doing contests, you have your friends with you, but could your Guild help you in PvP? Think about it, your guild could have Alliances with other guilds and have peace treaties, For the War happy Guilds, Guild wide Wars!

C: Rare resources, to your doorstep! Think about it, build the strongest defence, and anyone who attacks you and fails will give you EXP! And if there were rare resource mines, there it is, more upgrades!

Now, on to my PvP Island:

0: Here is where the Attacker would land, just like an Adventure, you will have a large area for several generals to land at.

1: This would be the Defenders first line of defence, the Defender can place up to 200 units.

2-3: Traps: they could be a hidden camp, explosives, whatever the Defender wants. The way the Attacker can disable is with a spy and/or sending a general over them. (sacrifice the general)

4: A choke point, one idea is to provide camps with the ability to stop anyone who tries to do a block.

5: Just a typical camp right? wrong! as you can see, he is defending the farms! if you defeat this camp, you could raze the buildings, bringing back some troops and/or attacking buffs.

6: The final camp before the boss, if you have made it this far expect more than 200 troops here, and a few rare bosses.

7: A Mans house is his Castle. Make it here and prepare for the hardest fight yet. Defeat the General there and you win over the Defendor! EXP and resources are yours!

8:
    Mines: Rare resources are mined here, (this defendor was lazy) and are kept at the Castle.
    Attached Images

World
    Zeus
    Now, you may be saying, thats nice, but kinda strict, and very limited on how the Defender could defend. Here are some key points i want to add to make it more fair:

A: This is just one island out of many. I would like to see a "Anno Online" way where if you had a good explorer, you could get a bigger island, basic/good/best Defences, mines, regular resources, ect...

B: You could build walls, camps and traps. I simply photoshopped a new adventure. the reality is that what and how you build could be endless and is random as comparing ones players island to another.

C: New Bosses: These are "good guy" bosses, Generals who have defencive properties like stoping blocks, protecting buildings from razing, ect... the Science system coming soon could be the thing that brings this idea to life.

D: Midnight attacks. Many players i have talked to are worried that if a player attacks your island in the middle of the night then it is unfair. It isn't. Firstly, in my last PvP idea thread i proposed that the attacker if he wins he gets the island for a week. I am dropping that idea. The damage caused by that could quickly become unfixable. Now to fix this worry, here are a few ideas:

1. Attack and get off my island! think of your PvP island as nothing more than a customizable adventure. Attacker attacks, wins/loses, leaves.

2. Once the attacker attacks, the island goes into lockdown and for 6 hours and it is unattackable. That isn't completely fair for the Defender, but i think thats the best sacrifice/compromise.

3. You only win so much. You don't get everything in the storehouse, just a percentage of it. What that percentage is could range on how diffcult your island was, and other factors. (see point A on the next post below)

World
    Zeus
    Ok, so now on to the attackers, your asking, thats nice for him, but thats like randomly choosing a adventure and you pick the worst one for the troops you have!

Well, here are my ideas:

A: Matchmaker: you give a Matchmaker the generals you have, and it will match you with a defender that is near to the difficulty you can handle. Along with how many troops you have, it will also record how many players you have attacked, and if you are new, then it may send you to a easier defendor.

B: Spys. This is the only troop that The Dev's have provided that is Directly PvP related. It can find out traps and disarm them, weaken enemy troops ect... (a note for attackers and defenders alike, the Espionage building can locate spies, so a strong level could stop a spy dead in its tracks)

C: New General types, and "formations". The Science System could have "formations" where troops could have a stronger chance to survive a battle, less likely for a trap to kill, ect...

D: Attackers Buffs: things like disposable shields, "decoy" troops and other fun ideas could be used for Buffs.

World
    Zeus
    Ok, so your may be liking what you see, or your blinded by my wall of words! But you may be also asking if Guilds could get in on the action?

A: Firstly, i would love to see Guilds Vs. Guilds. I think normal PvP needs to be made first, then Guilds, but it is a great way to bring groups of players together (and against lol)

B: Guild Vs. Guild Island. Simply huge, members of a guild can chip in on making traps, camps units and making their guild impossible to be won.

C: How does a GvG start? no matchmaker this time, you would go to WAR! This opens up the diplomatic side of the game, which i will not discuss here. (maybe later lol)

*pants*

Well that took about a half hour to type up! What do you think? how could this work, what would you want to add/remove to make it better?

T_D

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Im diggin it T_D now only if the Dev's cared as much as some do. Keep up the good work and hopefully Blue Byte will give us some answers.

World
    Zeus
    Great Comprehensive ideas Director.. i like to simplify things..

PLAYER Vs PLAYER (PVP)

lets say there are PvP island, two parties agree to do PvP and sets an amount of resources/gold coins from their storage (these items will be greyed once they successfully 'accepts' PvP and enters into battle zone, the items will be automatically released to the mail box of the winning player) at the end.

The players has an option to select the island they want to do PvP.. there are a list of PvP islands available on merchant that will be unlocked based on player level, and you will have to pay certain amount of map frags and sometimes gems to do PvP on selected islands (PvP island bought with gems has the best resources).

Ok, now the battles..

1- Once players enter to the separate PvP island there will be a buffer time of xx hours, this is to give time to set their main camp on a suitable location & build defenses.

2- The battle then begins.. the island has various rare production buildings that gives rare resources. The PvP objective is to fight and get control on sectors of those production buildings are located.

3- The PvP island like any other adventure will have an expiry time, the stronger player (through winning battles) who controls the buildings can benefit the resources till the adventure expire.

4- That allows the two players to battle till the adventure expires.

5- When the adventure expires an automatic overall simulation of battles will be done which the winning player will be awarded with the resources they allocated first when they entered into PvP contract.

GUILD Vs GUILD

In addition to the 2 player PVP explained above.. Guild Vs Guild means there are PvP islands that are more than 2 player.. lets say 4 player, 6 player up to 10 players max (5 on each side).

1 - GvG means the same concept as PvP but this involves more players

2- GvG allows you to invite guild mates to the adventure up to the limit the PvP adventure allows.

Please Comment

World
    Zeus
    P V P is a myth

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Huchy View Post
    Great Comprehensive ideas Director.. i like to simplify things..

PLAYER Vs PLAYER (PVP)

The players has an option to select the island they want to do PvP.. there are a list of PvP islands available on merchant that will be unlocked based on player level, and you will have to pay certain amount of map frags and sometimes gems to do PvP on selected islands (PvP island bought with gems has the best resources).

1- Once players enter to the separate PvP island there will be a buffer time of xx hours, this is to give time to set their main camp on a suitable location & build defenses.
    So the difference i see from my idea to your idea, is that on mine the Defender already controls his island, has traps set ect, and you have island where the two players start in a corner and build defences, buildings mines ect and fight to win resources.

You said that a player could buy a island... Whose island would you fight on? Player A or Player B? Would Player A get to fight on his own turf?

Nothing wrong or better with either, but they are different.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by I-See-Dead-ppl View Post
    P V P is a myth
    Then its a myth that is real...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    what if someone wants to do pvp, "Adventures" as you guys are terming it with his/her friend that are not in their guild?
    i was thinking of PvP more likely to be a event.
    for example
    every weekend will have event(s)
    where teams of player can enter into a selected event.
    now there will be entry into these event which have to bought via coins/map frags.
    there will be different level of events , each one for a specific level of levels.
    there are various possibility
    what about wagers?
    people bet before going in a Pvp against each other?
    winner gets the wager!
    now they will also design an island where the pvp would happen!
    now that island should have few features
    1.resources on the island should be exotic/new/expensive AND infinite
    2.building built on that island to use those resources shall always be buffed automatically!
    3. the winner should be given 2 days, in those 2 days he can use up those resources as much as he wants. after that the resources shall be mailed to him!
    new here's how the game can make money out of it!
    if someone would like to extend the amount of days he wants to use those island resources,such packages can be bought by gems.! (keeping this game not a P2W!)
    for example:
    >ONE vs ONE Pvp

>>event (low level)
    players:2
    [no wager allowed]
    level of players that can enter:35-40(because xb are available at lvl 36)
    reward:winner gets loot 2days to use the resources on the island he won in THE pvp.+exp reward.

>event(mid level)
    [wager of only coins allowed]
    level of players that can enter:41-47(elite available at 41)
    reward:+4days to use the isalnd resources+wager+loot and exp reward

event(high level)
    [wager of coins/gems available]
    level of players that can enter:48+ (canons are available at level 48)
    reward:+7days on the island+exp reward+wager.

TEAM vs TEAM

>An event (low level)
    [any kind of wager]
    teams:2
    members per team:2
    level of players that can enter :level 35-30
    rewards:buildings(can be nobles or any other deeds)+loot+wager divided equally+exp according to the kills.

>An event (mid level)
    [any kind of wager]
    teams:3
    members per team:3
    level of players that can enter:41-47
    reward:buildings+loot+wager+exp according to the kills!

>An event (high level)
    [any kind of wager]
    teams:4
    members per team:4
    level of players that can enter:48+
    reward:loot+wager+exp according to kills+buildings.

GUILD vs GUILD

concept will be the same, just that a guild would be allowed to fight against another guild(no. of players and level of players that can partipate shall be fixed so that there is equal match)!

Reply to Thread