Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Quest Adventures need to be rethought

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Guild Quest Adventures need to be rethought

I'm sure I'm not the only one to express displeasure at how frequent and annoying the adventures pop up in guild quests. For the average player, they are too frequent to allow for proper replacement of expended resources before the next comes along. There is little or no free play time to engage in adventures of our own choosing which could actually benefit our growth.

A prime example is the frequency of Island of the Pirates which gives experience of 2,752 while incurring losses of 549-677 units which yields a mere 4.48 exp gain per unit lost... the lowest ratio in the game.

While this may seen like a low number, track the occurrences of this (or other) adventures and the lost time replenishing resources become staggering.

Also, consider how quickly guild quests need to be done and factor in attempting to do large or lengthy personal adventures to try and level your island. Where are we to get all the time and materials to accomplish all these things? It seems we are being herded into playing the developer's game instead of being able to play our own game, in our own way and at our own discretion.

Yes, leaving the guild is a way to avoid this issue but then, what would be the point of having guild quests as they are now?

I suggest serious rethinking of guild adventures is needed to allow the players more freedom of choice in play instead of always playing catch up.

World
    Zeus
    I do agree that the adventure requirements for guild quest needs to be toned down a bit. But pirates. Is probably the best map for the bucks. If you block the loss for loot reward is amazing. Its a resource adventure. Not experience adventure. I like doing pirates for the 50% chance of getting granite. And alot of it. The loss is like 300 recruits or less. The other high level adventures. Sucks. Titanium and saltpaper thrown into loot table makes chance for granite low.

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    Well presented, RonEmpire.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    I do agree that the adventure requirements for guild quest needs to be toned down a bit. But pirates. Is probably the best map for the bucks. If you block the loss for loot reward is amazing. Its a resource adventure. Not experience adventure. I like doing pirates for the 50% chance of getting granite. And alot of it. The loss is like 300 recruits or less. The other high level adventures. Sucks. Titanium and saltpaper thrown into loot table makes chance for granite low.

World
    Ares
    I definitely agree with your expression, Elriche. I have expressed this same feedback to the BBs on numerous occasions. Guild quests should enhance, not hinder play time. Perhaps a 1x/week, not 3-5 days in a row. Also, Island of the Pirates 3x in a row is an exaggeration as well. Those are all unreasonable expectations on the part of the game designers or whoever is responsible for setting this up.

I don't think leaving the guilds should be a suggestion. However, many are in fact just leaving the game altogether.

Systems thinking should be honed here as your decisions affect the game's success positively or negatively. It's all on you (whoever you are).
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Can you not skip guild quests that you don't care to do, just like you can skip daily or waiting quests? I just joined a guild the other day, so perhaps I don't know what I'm getting into.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Guild quests are not optional and you can't even go on vacation or take time away from game as untimely completions will hinder guild completions. The current system requires you to be online daily to keep current.

Perhaps we need a *vacation* option to flag players and remove them from the count required to complete guild tasks

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Guild quests are optional, depending on the Guild. In my guild, we encourage players to finish them but we do not punish them if they do not. The guild Leader can cancel the current Guild quest.

If a player is not active due to being on vacation, he will not be counted for as a needed participant.

Having said all that, i do agree that the number of adventures on Guild quests is excessive.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    We are not seeing excessive adventures in our guild quests - at one stage almost every second guild quest was an IOP, but other than the second to last quest, we haven't had an IOP for ages i.e. probably at least a dozen quests. The current quest is experience two new adventures plus something else (I forget), but 2 new adventures is relatively easy to complete, IMO.

As for me, the only reason I joined a guild was for the quests - sometimes that take at least 7+ days to complete in our guild and I make far more guild coins in trade than I do through being a guild member. I am within an ace of pulling out completely...

So I am happy with the current balance of quest objectives :-)

World
    Ares
    Players like the coins. The thread as I read isn't titled: "stop the guild quests". I understood that it said that guild quest adventures are excessive, which they are. Perhaps I read it wrong? rofl
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree too many adventures and that is the topic

Reply to Thread