Reply to Thread

Thread: Resource Sites > Max Number of Resources: location choice

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Resource Sites > Max Number of Resources: location choice

One of the perplexing things about TSO is that the number of resource sites exceeds the number of active-resources (e.g., granite, iron, etc). While there are X sites for a resource, you are only allowed X-1 of that resource, leaving one resource site 'unfindable' by geos. (I can't help but find this absurd, even though I can think up some possible reasons for it)

So, in living with this isn't really an issue except when it comes to which of these resources is found and which not. Let's consider iron mines: on my island, I'd like to have the three iron mines in S5 available, however on of them never shows up no matter what I do. I'd love it to be randomized as to which node is found in these situations but one of them just doesn't come up.

Is there some way to influence which resource comes up? I've spent a few days now trying to get the one in question to be found (I've lost count of how many searches for iron mines I've done and my poor geo is exhausted)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I have found that it is randomized. You can not have all 3 iron ore deposits up at the same time in S5 (the limit is 2) but which 2 of the 3 you do get is randomized. If you're trying to force your geo to find a specific deposit, as far as I know, you can get the odds up to 50% but no further.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I don't know if there is a way to control/determine which one of the iron mines appear in S5, you just have to live with it if you plan to iron mine in S5. I've avoided that sector and placed my storehouse near the iron mines in S6 and S8 since I'm able to place them near enough to the mines.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    At present I have 0 mines there; I'm certain I've had all 3 in the past but that was probably before I cleared the island. The left node is found, and it continually finds the right -- 22 searches so far, always finding the one on the right, never the center.

Reply to Thread