Reply to Thread

Thread: Making a Gold Coin out of a Fish!?!?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Making a Gold Coin out of a Fish!?!?

Today, I tried out an interesting theory that I learned from a video, where a man traded a red paperclip continually into a house. Well, today in Zues TO, I did just that, I tried to trade a fish into a gold coin(much to the annoyance of 2 or 3 other TSOers). I started with a fish, traded it for a stone. I then took the stone, and traded it for a copper ore. The copper ore for a marble piece. Marble piece for iron ore. Iron ore for iron sword. Iron sword for steel sword, and steel sword for gold coin. So, technically, that one fish that I started with is worth 1 gold coin. Now, this wouldn't work on a large scale (ex 400 fish into 400 gc), but it was a fun theory to try out. I wouldn't recommend trying it, as a few people got annoyed by the 1-1 trades that I talked about in the Trade Tab. Just thought this was fun. If I waited for the right moment, and made the right trades with the right people, theoretically, I couldve gone on to trade the fish for possibly a noble residence or better, which could've fetched 500 gold coins. Amazing how things like this can work, but again, I wouldnt try this out, or face the wrath of the TSOers.

Later Forum,
    AD

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What you did was begging, not trading. Putting up a 1:1 trade and pleading for people to take it is not trading. You could get the same result by simply directly posting 1 fish for 1 gold and spamming trade (like you did) until someone pities you enough to do it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Actually, no, I put up the trade and said WTS. Seriously dude, youre just rude. It was a theory, no need to be mean. Youve only been here a month, Ive been here 1.5 years, dont sass me.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    You were spamming this on trade tab and pleading ppl to take your offers.... Make one fish to one gc is good, sure... but what is one gold coin, honestly? try to make 100k gc doing this and i bet you constantly spamming and pleading ppl to take your fish 100k times, most of the server will have you on iggy and not just the 2 or 3 that were in trade tab last night

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    advertising such a low thing allows people to take pity on you or who are friends. not really legit. also 1:1 limits things. One could over successive trades (and not always 1:1 ratio on what you are trading) turn 1k fish into 1k coin. 1k fish ->11 coins. 11 coins ->1k copper, and so on.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    this story is at least 10 years old..

World
    Zeus
    Ya this idea/story is inefficient. by the time i had traded 1 fish into a coin, i could of built a gold mine and traded gold ore for coins, or more valuable resources, like granite, and back trade that into coin.

Reply to Thread