Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Dev's Diary: More space on your home island!

World
    Zeus
    mmm Awesome indeed

I like the raising atlantis idea: cost 1 million stone, 500k marble, 100k star coins :P
    Great men are not born, they are made. Through blood, sweat, tears, trials and tribulations. Tests through both their victories and their defeats. They are shaped through their experiences. Portrayed by their moralities and judgements, be they for better or worse. They do what others wont to achieve what others cant. It is their dedication, commitment and ultimate success of their goals that separates a man from a great man.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Fantasic Idea BB! I'm not going to suggest other ways to expand out island, i like the fact that it's limited to rock formations. I would like to see these buffs used possible in adventures as well, clear rocks to create new paths for generals. Keep up the good work!

World
    Zeus
    This is a wonderful addition to the game. I have another idea which would open up a bit more space, but that belongs in the Suggestions thread. Thank you for the demolition crews. This will help some with space issues.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by injoyin View Post
    Spanning off of this idea.
    Would it be possible to relocate tree's? Working off the premise of destroying mountains, if you could remove tree roots and where able to relocate a forest to a different part. Or, if you were able to locate all the forest together to maximize production, or to localize production?
    Either relocation of trees, or some selective clear-cutting (I like the idea of moving them better; I'm no fan of clear-cutting in real life, and don't think a game should support it.)

World
    Zeus
    Starting tomorrow the test server will start testing the rock clearing program.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    this ROCKS for our Home Isle . . .
    - but what about destroying rocks & mountains to create short-cuts on Adventures too!!
    Spoiler
    What you are experiencing is rare maintenance bug, and the development team is working towards updating the situation.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I hadn't run out of room yet but could see how that could happen...this could be useful

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    TY very much BB for getting us some more land, there has been alot of buildings added, and even more licences, so the new room is much appreciated. As many have mentioned, having the ability to move/remove trees would be great and a good way to see improved gem sales... We could purchase more gem buildings to fill in the opened land.. A "mule team" buff would be a idea for a buff that moves/removes stumps... go ahead and use that, i wont charge a royalty...lol

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Settlers,

First of all: Thank you for the participation in both stress tests for the mountain buff feature on tsotesting.com.

The community challenged the servers very well and this helped us gather useful data.
    As a result, our developer team found optimizations that will be implemented before the feature goes live.
    Hence, it will take a little bit until the features will be available for live game worlds.

In parallel, there's more new stuff in development!

Check out our latest developer's diary.
    Amongst other things, it describes a new feature to save island space as well:
    The new Epic Workyards!

Happy Settling,
    Your Settlers Online:Castle Empire Team
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Zeus
    i've been researching the marketplace and the resource quarries and found the solution to the fiasco of pricing in the game. I've come up with a Global Price List in which people are, now, talking against without testing it out. It is based on the Gold Coin and varied by the gem. I need to implement it so that all of the members can sell their materials instead of trading material for material. when they go to the trade office or trade amongst one another, they can just sell their items for gold coins.
    Under the Global Price List (simplified), they would make more with the raised prices, instead of going by the ratios of the current price list. some members are confused by this and in the trade office, the prices fluctuate...constantly.