Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween update!

World
    Zeus

Halloween update!

Halloween 2013: Additional information about the in-game event.

Dear Settlers,

The first signs of Halloween are here: pumpkins are starting to show up everywhere, nights are getting longer and the exciting atmosphere of this spooky holiday is heading towards us! It is a perfect time to provide you more information about the in-game event.

The Halloween 2013 event will start after the maintenance on October 17th, 2013.
    As usual, there will be two deactivation phases related to the Halloween 2013 event:
    • November 7th, 2013 (first phase)
      It will no longer be possible to start new Halloween quests and the Golem on your home island will no longer re-appear after being defeated.
      All other event-related content will still be available: Halloween Shop category, graphics, music, etc.

• November 14th, 2013 (second phase)
      The whole event will be deactivated: All running Halloween quests will be canceled, the Halloween Shop category will be deactivated,
      all Golems will disappear from home islands, graphics will be restored to default ones, etc.

During the Halloween 2013 event, you will be able to produce 3 Golem Buffs in the Provision house:

Name: Marbles
    Required resource: Marble
    Description: Golems are clumsy. By putting lots of marbles in a Golem's way, you will make him fall to the ground.

Name: Ropes
    Required resource: Wheat
    Description: Once the Golem has fallen to the ground, you can capture him by using these strong ropes.

Name: Bucket of Water
    Required resource: Water
    Description: With the Golem incapacitated, you can use lots of water to extinguish his flames and freeze him to stone.

If you want to help your game world achieve its goal, you need to defeat the first Golem that showed up on your home island. Further Golems (second, third, etc.) will not affect your game world progress, but killing them will provide you individual rewards.

Just click on the Golem to see what needs to be done in order to defeat him, an example:

The picture on the left presents the interface where you can decide how many Golem Buffs you want to use.

The picture in the center presents the list of Golem Buffs that are available for you (Golem Buffs in production are not listed here).

The picture on the right presents the remaining health of each Golem heart.

Each Golem starts with 3 different hearts that represent different Golem Buffs:

In order to defeat the Golem, you need to remove all of his health points with the respective Golem Buffs.

Additional information:
    You can help your friends with defeating their Golems. Just produce Golem Buffs, visit your friend's island, and activate buffs on the Golem.

Players of each game world will try to defeat a common boss together in order to receive rewards. The boss will appear at the lake at the center of each player's home island. Game worlds will not compete with each other and each game world has its own goal to achieve.

If your game world manages to reach its goal, you will receive a special reward, including a unique Golden Golem Statue:

Each game world has an individual goal that was calculated based on the game world's economy.
    If your game world reaches its goal, you can still defeat your remaining Golems until the first removal phase takes place.

In order to check the current progress of your game world, just open the quest book and find the "Server quests" category. There will be a special quest ("The Golem") which shows the current progress.

Important information:
    Defeating the first Golem on your home island will affect your game world's goal.
    Defeating further Golems will provide you individual rewards, but will not affect your game world's goal.

Happy settling!
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Zeus
    First!

Hello Everyone,

A friend of Asiastrings has informed me of a Google Document made by several players about the Halloween Event. Check it out here!

(End of special message)

---------------------------------------------------

Well what i am reading i like!

No German Vs. America servers, a special award for winning, um... a statue of a dead Golem painted yellow. Esh, i would of just buried him.

Question for the BB:

How many times can we defeat the Golem? is there a max? is there a prize for killing him 100 times?

T_D

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Second!
    I hope the rewards are good as based on the test server it is quite expensive to defeat golems.
    I am looking forward to it
    Red

World
    Zeus
    This is great and all. BUT the problem here is that the server goal is based on individual participation. And you do your part. And that's it!

Unlike the balloon event, if somebody decides not to participate, you could step it up and donate more balloons to move the bar for your server.

Here, you can only move the bar for your first golem kill and that's it! You're at the mercy of other players.

Very similar to Guild Quests. Anybody who knows how guild quest works will really hate this mechanic. Server calculates how many people are needed to complete the guild group quest goal. And if somebody decides not to do it. Or they're a person who just logs in and logs off and doesn't care about anything. You already know how this affects the guild quest. In guild quest, at least the leader can cancel it so the server recalculates for you the new goals. Or maintenance that does reset fixes.

I hope BB knows how to recalculate the event server goals! Otherwise, we're screwed! We never completed the server goals on the test server. So that kind of tells you something.

*technically you could visit your friend's island and defeat their first golem for them. assuming they're active and they've triggered the first golem spawn already.
    The only slight problem is there are players who are active that's not on your friends list that might not have the first golem killing that you can't access.

This is a complaint that has been made already on the test server. And I'm not sure if the developers even care about it or fixed the problem. They obviously haven't fixed the 25 unit creation limit. And I hope they fixed the health, because past the 3rd or 4th golem it's not worth doing at all.

World
    Zeus
    Well said RonEmpire.

However i hope that the BB's account for inactive players, and design the servers to automatically ignore inactive players. I don't think they have, but that would be a good idea to add.

World
    Zeus
    Some issues related to this event...

A. Possibly this is one of those superficial fluff event. Where the server goal gets adjusted so that we end up getting the prize because BB suddenly realized that their calculations of active players are off.

B. We don't get the prize because they calculated the goal based on active players on the server at the time the event launched. And during the event 50% of the players stopped playing or don't care to do the golem. Or they based the server goals on active players (including those that are under level 19) and expect them to reach 19 to complete the first golem. Which they might not. I had a friend that I tried to get into plaything this game and he created an account and got bored of it and quit playing and never got to level 10. Said the game wasn't for him.

C. At some point during this event, the server goal bar never moves or reached a point where it's not moving much. This may promote people to make multiple accounts just to move the bar. Which is a BAD THING, since BB does not promote players having multiple accounts. So you're left with asking your bother, mother, father, friend, uncle, etc to create an account to play this game to beat the first golem?? As I said above, the balloon quest you can donate as much as you want to move the bar. In this event, you can only do your part with first golem, and help those on your friends list. But that's it! What about those with no friends? or those other network of friends that are not connected to your list.? I hope developers realize that we can't just access anybody's island that's not on our friends list.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I will kill my Golem.... so we're well on our way!!! woohoo! Since the res required to kill Golems were lowered, should be a good event. Looking forward to it.

P.S. Could you throw in a 3x gem event around Halloween in honor of our German friends?? Just askin'...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If the prize is just a decoration, and doesn't actually give us any benefit, there won't be a lot of motivation for players who aren't interested, to bother to kill even their first golum.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by starryy View Post
    If the prize is just a decoration, and doesn't actually give us any benefit, there won't be a lot of motivation for players who aren't interested, to bother to kill even their first golum.
    Prize is decoration + 100 pumpkins. (it's worth killing the first golem. resource required for first golem is very easy to get)

World
    Zeus
    We should get a different color Golem statue depending on how many Golems we individually kill....