Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Bugged bookbinder

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    The bookbinder bug occurs when you have a buff waiting to be picked up in mayor house- so pick up your buff and your bookbinder will be fixed.
    ^^ This. It may not be the only cause but it certainly appears to be the primary cause. Players the world over have been picking up forgotten collectible buffs in the mayor, finding the bookbinder starts working properly again immediately, telling each other and reporting it for at least a month and a half now.

If this really was all the last patch addressed it's not at all surprising it hasn't fixed things.

Bookbinder production is no longer reset after the building is upgraded or moved
    Last edited by Thambetochen; 11-21-13 at 05:22 pm. Reason: Added patch note.

Settler
    World
    Ares

Bookbinder Glitch

I started a book that takes 18hrs to make. I start it at 5am, and at 9pm, it still have 15hrs 30mins left to complete.
    This happened to be about 4 months ago..

*insert rage comment(s) here*

Is there a fix for this yet? Because I'd like to know what I can do to get my book..

P.S. I tried to click the Support option in game and go to report a bug option, and I get the following error.

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

World
    Zeus
    Do you have a collectible waiting to be picked up in mayors house. Open mayors house and click on collectibles

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I can confirm that clearing the buff in the mayor's house worked.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinson001 View Post
    I started a book that takes 18hrs to make. I start it at 5am, and at 9pm, it still have 15hrs 30mins left to complete.
    This happened to be about 4 months ago..

*insert rage comment(s) here*

Is there a fix for this yet? Because I'd like to know what I can do to get my book..

P.S. I tried to click the Support option in game and go to report a bug option, and I get the following error.

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Hey Kinson001,

There's not an official fix for it yet, unfortunately. A workaround is to make sure you have collected any buffs that are waiting in your mayor's house. As for the other issue, when this happens try logging out of the site and back in again. It should allow you to get to Support now.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The issue I have been having is I produce manuscripts and tomes and they just fanish when I click the "accept" button.

This has happened to the last two manuscripts I have produced and the last tome. In all three cases, I click on the "accept" button, the little FX of stars takes place as they zoom up to the upper and then they just vanish. When I check in the mayor's house the inventory shows zero on both items. This means I've wasted days and inventory manufacturing items that just vanish.

I'm going to copy and paste this into a report.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I had the bookbinder buff on and started a script, when I login at the ETA of completion the timer reset. I did it again later thinking maybe I misread it or something and it's happened again. Now the buff is gone still have no script and it's another 13 hrs to complete. The normal generation time for me is 14.5hrs I should have completed one and well into my second with the buff but I have none and the buff was wasted. From the posts this isn't something new just forgotten about.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Looks like I ran across the same issue - bookbinder buffed and the mayors house having a buff to be picked up. I've been waiting for a manuscript I started on Sunday afternoon to complete. It looks like it's best not to combine collectable generation and buffing your book binder...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Bookbinder.....time on manuscripts keeps re-setting

As my bookbinder takes its time to make a manuscript, I patiently wait for it to get done. Last night when i logged out, there was only 7 hours left until completion. Logged back in today, there is now over 18 hours of time until completion. This has happened twice now. The last time this happened, I sent a message to TheSettlersOnline. They responded by just sending me 200 gems. Don't get me wrong, I always appreciate receiving gems but the problem is not fixed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My bookbinder has reset its timer 4 times now, been working on this tome for 48+ hours. I tried to collect from the mayor's house but it also keeps resetting the buff I was working on. Any other tips on breaking this vicious cycle?

Reply to Thread