Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Design a Golem Contest!

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Design a Golem Contest!

When: Friday, October 18 – Sunday, November 10

Design a Settlers-themed Golem. You decide how to do it - the more creative, the better!

A few ideas:
    • Handdraw a Golem!
    • Bake delicious Golem cookies!
    • Sculpt an original Golem!
    • Design an original Golem costume and dress up!
    • Create a Golem made of papier mâché
    • Etc…

Important:
    Your contribution must be a photo of your Golem creation. Your nickname must be a part of the picture in a physical way to watermark it as your personal creation (e.g. you can put a card next to the Golem). It is not enough to add your nickname with software like Photoshop afterwards.

PRIZES
    • Rank I = 4,000 Gems
    • Rank II= 2,000 Gems
    • Rank III = 1,000 Gems

The number of rewards per rank will depend on the number and quality of the community’s contributions.

RULES
    • You must have one regular game account.
    • Third party rights must be respected.
    • Under-aged players must get a parent's permission.
    • Post the photo of your work below
    • Please use the “report post” function to report invalid postings.
    • Legal action is precluded.
    • Your nickname must be part of the photo in a physical way. (e.g. Write down your nickname on a card and show it on the photo as well). If your nickname is not visible or is hard to read, your submission cannot be taken into consideration. Adding your nickname via software is not enough. This is mandatory to avoid cheating and using pictures made by other people.
    • Participants agree that Ubisoft/Blue Byte is allowed to announce the winners and present their submitted pictures. Real names will not be used for the publication, but nicknames, game world and language version. The pictures will be stored on Ubisoft/Blue Byte servers to present the contributions that won a reward. Channels that might be used for announcing the winners and for presenting the contributions are international websites, forums, Facebook groups and Twitter channels managed by Ubisoft/Blue Byte (especially “The Settlers Online” channels).

SUBMISSION
    General
    • Post the photo of your work in this thread
    • Only pictures that stick to all recommendations (content, deadline, correct thread, etc.) will have a chance to win.
    • Important: Do not forget to show your in-game nickname on the photo (see rules).

Format
    • At least 1024 * 768 pixels
    • The forum shrinks pictures. Please use a free picture services like http://imageshack.us

Deadline
    • Sunday, November 10th.

More information
    • Once your contribution has been published, further changes and edits might not be taken into consideration.

CHOOSING WINNERS
    • The Ubisoft/Blue Byte team will choose the winners.
    • The winners will be announced in calendar week 46.
    • The rewards will be sent to winners as soon as possible.
    Last edited by BB_Katealyst; 10-18-13 at 11:14 am.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Where do we post the picture? Just in this thread?

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Toys-Of-War View Post
    Where do we post the picture? Just in this thread?
    Yup!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Can we draw the picture, put our nickname on it, scan it into the computer, and post the scanned photo here?

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela217 View Post
    Can we draw the picture, put our nickname on it, scan it into the computer, and post the scanned photo here?
    Yup, that would work! We are just trying to avoid people slapping their name on a google image,

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Is there a certain limit of entries per person? I have a few ideas of different golem. Like I can post different versions and types of golems but still only able to win one of the positions with one of the golems. That way it is still fair?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I drew by hand in pencil my golem entry. I scanned the drawing into my computer.

My brief research shows the golem is made of clay, and originally was made to protect people. Rather than protect, my settlers construct a large clay golem to handle a task for them: finding and retrieving collectibles. He is akin to an unsupervised robotic vacuum cleaner which runs over the floor pursuant to a set daily schedule. He is called a CRAG, for a collectible retrieving automated golem.

Since he is made of clay, his bottom half is bigger than normal, to support the clay figure when it is fired in the kiln.

Since he is finding collectibles, he needs to store them until he can bring them back to the Mayor’s House. He needs to store banners, herbs, kettles, and scarecrows, and mark the location of food carts.

The herbs and scarecrows can be piled without damaging them. He stores these items in a backpack which is split vertically into two sections.
    The kettles are delicate, so they are placed in notches in a hat's brim. He removes his hat when he risks having it fall off during his search.
    The food carts cannot be carried. They are bulky and fragile. Instead, he marks where they are so settlers can retrieve them. He uses a white banner with a black X on it. He wears a belt around his chest with tubes to hold banner poles. Banners he finds he puts in the tubes till he returns. Food carts he finds he marks with the white banners with a black X on each of them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    [IMG]

this is a outline i drew.
    hope you like it

World
    Zeus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my drawing golem. I don't know if i win something or no. Let' see...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Pumpkin Golem: scourge to wayward zombies everywhere

Closed Thread