View Poll Results: How do you feel about the collection quests?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Continue current collection quests

20 43.48%
  • Modify collection quests

22 47.83%
  • Discontinue collection quests

4 8.70%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Collectible Quests

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb Collectible Quests

As commonly heard in guild and global chat, the challenge for the collectible quests is in finding those last few items. With the quest being reset twice a day, there is less incentive to work to get those last few, as there will always be another batch available soon. And unlike the vast majority of quests in the game, there is no reward for completing the collections.

One thing that would make completing the quests more rewarding would be to provide a reward for finding all of the item. As it should be balanced relative to the difficulty, even providing a number of additional collectibles, especially the more uncommon ones or those found in adventures would provide enough additional incentive and reward to the players. It would go a long way to reduce the frustration many of us are feeling at what is a never-ending task.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i can just say LOOK HARDER pp. i know most want the stuff put out in the open bunched together or better yet just handed to them but come on do a little work. and remember "try harder to suck less"

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Your right, free stuff should be easier to get, you know what forget modifying collectables BB should just allow us to make the items in the mayors house free to make with out any collectables as all. That would maybe make everyone happer. And well they are at it they should plant my wheat fields and refill my wells. You dont want to spend time find the collectables then don't. The incentive for finding the collectables is being able to build buffs you dont need another incentive.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Although if BB did make them free to build you guys would start complaining that you cant que the buffs

Falien
    Well what i think they should do is allow us to hide building.
    We could hit hide building and all the building would ghost out.

Maybe even something for decoration also.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by aurboth View Post
    As commonly heard in guild and global chat, the challenge for the collectible quests is in finding those last few items. With the quest being reset twice a day, there is less incentive to work to get those last few, as there will always be another batch available soon. And unlike the vast majority of quests in the game, there is no reward for completing the collections.

One thing that would make completing the quests more rewarding would be to provide a reward for finding all of the item. As it should be balanced relative to the difficulty, even providing a number of additional collectibles, especially the more uncommon ones or those found in adventures would provide enough additional incentive and reward to the players. It would go a long way to reduce the frustration many of us are feeling at what is a never-ending task.
    agreed ^^^^^ stupid banners! lol

World
    Ares
    I don't think they need to give a reward for finding them all. Either you find them all or you don't. The buffs you can make once you collect enough is the reward.
    Some can be a pain in the butt to find but you can always just give up and wait for the next round or see if a guildie has better eyes than you. No biggie on that.

The only thing I like to see get modified is the horrible imbalance they have in collectibles. I have a million herbs, scarecrows, a few kettles and no food charts or banners. It sucks to finally get a food cart and only have 1 added into the mayor house yet get 5 herbs or scarecrows added in pretty much 95% of the time :'(

World
    Ares
    Well I don't no about not giving anything at all TLC1, I suggested they do something for it though.

Realizing it is simply a counter, therefore we aren't looking our heads off like crazies...
    A herb would be cool though...

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Should get a couple experience or a magic bean for finishing.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I really think they should just make it so that the collectables do NOT need multiple page reloading to find, and NOT have them hide under mountains, in trees, and even 'inside' workyards.

It may not be a 'reward' type quest, but having your players(IE customers, or at least potential customers) getting frustrated, causing headaches to them, etc just because the object they are seeking ISN'T EVEN ON THE MAP due to it not loading (Until you refresh the page 30 times) only serves to make some just up and quit. TRUST me I've personally considered quitting SO because of this stupid collectable quests, and its NOT because they are 'too hard to find' but because they do not load, or are behind mountains which u can't 'normally' find.

Think this whole idea needs some looking at.

Reply to Thread