Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Server Zone Crash

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Server Zone init failed

Hello all,

I am constantly getting this error when I leave the game running, surfing in another tab, or without pressing a key or clicking in the screen in the game tab.

Server zone init failed.
    The requested zone could not be started.
    Please contact customer support.
    I then reload the browser tab and all is right with the world. Until it times out again.

This occurs regardless of which browser I use. It repeats consistently using FireFox, Opera, Chrome, and IE.

I'm running win7-64, all browsers are 32bit.

I have the latest flash.

It appears to be tied to a timeout function, I haven't narrowed down the time window yet. It's happened when the tab is idle for a little as 10 minutes.

Any thoughts from the devs?

Cheers,
    Z.

World
    Zeus
    Others have had same issue with message and game not loading

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...r-Zone-Crashed

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hi Sammuel,

I think this is a different problem, although it could be related. I can log in fine, and when I get the error, which is a little different, I can refresh and log back in straight away.

The strange part of this problem is I can hear the background noise of something happening, a buff finishing, new mail, explorer or geologist finishing, as soon as I click on something that needs to talk to the server, boom, error message. I can scroll around on the map just fine. but interactions are what trigger the error.

It's not game breaking, or keeping me from playing, just very annoying to have to refresh the client all the time.

Cheers,
    Z.

World
    Zeus
    Best to send in a support ticket and maybe BB will have an answer.
    Seems a lot of bugs/glitches happening lately with the game. Mayors house collectibles being stuck when producing and provisional stalling as well. Hopefully everything will work out and be fixed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This same thing has happened to me twice now. Once last night and I couldn't log back on. Just kept getting the error detected in zone, please try again. Logged on this morning and problem was fixed. Happened again tonight, while doing an adventure. I wasn't even in my island this time when it happened. Same thing as last night, can't log in and keep getting the same message. In both cases I was logged in and playing the game, got booted with an error message and couldn't log back in. My wife plays and she can log in. If she visits my island she gets booted but can log back in afterwards and everything is fine. *sigh*

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hi guys,

Thanks for working with us and sending us the information about issue. Due to the time it occurred, this specific zone crash issue was related to the golem respawn fix that we initially put into the game. The initial golem respawn fix has since been removed and zone loading issues relating to it should be resolved. For clarity, I will be merging related threads and closing the thread to keep similar yet unrelated issues separate. If you are still experiencing zone server issues, please contact support directly.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Closed Thread