Reply to Thread

Thread: Priceless quest

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Priceless quest

Has anyone ever looked at the cost of fulfilling this quest. The amount of raw material to make 500 cannon is very high. The rewards to me just are not near in line with it. NOTE the following does not use buffing, but is done to illustrate the base costs of 500 cannons. 500 cannon takes 6 powder and 5 carriage per cannon. One carriage takes 6 exotic wood planks and 4 wheels. 1 wheel takes 3 exotic wood and 6 iron bars. So just looking at exotic wood alone 15000 exotic wood planks. Currently 10000 exotic wood planks are listed at 2350. 500 cannon at 750. The award for the mess of a quest 1220 experience, 400 damscene swords and 400 exotic wood (not planks). Really wish Ubisoft would play test quest and make the rewards worth the effort to work on it. Yes there isn't a lot of real work, but you have to harverst or buy the resources for some of these quests, then waiting the days or weeks (depends on the level of your buildings and buffs). As has been expressed some time ago, the resources for many of the buidlings and weapons really don't make it worth while to produce them. You need to do adventures to get them

Fortyfour
    I've tried to push a similiar idea that the elite soldier is so expensive to make and the sword generator is 1 hour and 12 minutes just to make 1 damascene sword that the elite soldier should a least do 5 to 10 more hp damage per attack, especially since we have fairytale adventures with more powerful enemies. It may be a marketing ploy to buy diamonds, but you have to buy alot of diamonds to make elite soldiers plentiful. An elite soldier should not be dealing the same damage to enemies as the militia troops do in any event.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    BB long ago when they first started this game came up with a system of ratios and costs for production/drops/costs that they have used to this day without modification. Many games tweak things as balance requires, but whatever asinine developer is in charge of this thing has their head to far up a certain part to recognize the need for balance. I'd love to know if there is ANY server in the game that all weapons can be produced on, let alone a developed server. Cost ratios that were an anachronism a year ago in the star menu are still used to this day when calculating star coin market.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Yes, the game definitely is not balanced for the higher level buildings, all the buildings higher than level 40 buildings are simply not worth it, which is a bit disappointing as most city building strategy games have buildings that higher level players look forward to building and do provide real benefits to the economy. I suspect that they can never rebalance the unit strengths and build costs as it will probably cause too much of an uproar by the many players that have fine tuned their economies for mass production of recruits and bowmen as their cannon fodder. I just hope that they can at least provide some practical use of saltpeter, like a buff ingredient or building material.

My approach to the quests like priceless is when one has reached level 50, and has nothing left to achieve, only then is it time to tackle that quest.

Reply to Thread