Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary: New Mail Interface, Golem Buffs

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It is good to see our mail system being updated. Great job but I to think an archive should be allowed for important messages.
    Some people are kids who play this on parents computers or at school. They do not have the option of saving files on their computer.
    I think an archive is a reasonable request.
    So I add my voice to those posted here too. And good job.

World
    Zeus
    Perhaps there wouldn't BE so much mail if every buff that gets applied did not send a separate message. Rather than sending an individual email, perhaps the buff notices would be better stored, sorted by buffer, counted, forwarded and deleted every couple of hours. Instead of seeing 50 emails from my buffing buddy, I would see ONE email telling me my good friend buffed the following buildings with the associated buff. This would save me significant time since I would not have to delete hundreds of 'buff notice' emails every day.

I also second the general opinion that we be given some sort of archive function to save important information....the automatic delete is just an incomplete feature.

World
    Zeus
    They should just have another button for "buff notices" and you can say okay and it deletes it for you. (all of them)

World
    Ares
    I am in favor of the new mail system. Hopefully it makes the server run better for everyone.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Archiving mail MUST be a feature of this new mail interface. Mail is currently the only way for us to store important links to guides, trading values, etc. and it would be terrible if we had to lose those!

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    another plus one for archive -- as a newer player i have links etc that more experienced players have sent me -- hints, strategy etc. i'd like to keep that

another plus one for a buff category - i've logged on to find 50-75+ buff emails -- and its very tedious to delete them all -- check marking them is just as tedious - you're still clicking for each one.

question;

what happens to people who send trades that are ignored... are they 'auto-accepted' or 'auto-declined' after a set amount of time (currently they auto-decline).

thanks
    ciara

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I will add my voice to the ones above about archiving. If I want to save an email forever, it should not be hard to do. I shouldn't have to copy and paste to my PC's text editor.

And while you are at it, add a notepad function to the Settlers. I should be able to keep my notes, plans, reminders of what I am to do next, right in the game.

I been here a year but on the planet for 59. You should listen to me.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    So we get a current era mail system, and you leave out BASIC standards. Seriously, are the developers so out of touch that its gonna take 20 pages of flames to get the point across. Well I hope it only takes one last flame.

:reps the bonfire::

EVERYONE is going to be pissed off if you delete their stuff. DON'T.

Limit a mail box, fine, like every standard email provider. But don't edit the contents of it, it isn't your place. Smells to me like this is how they are going to keep people from storing exp in mail. Is it going to be some stupid 2 week limit? Huh? I can only imagine what a brain-storm session is at BB.

BB_Has_A_Clue says : "Hey guys, we need to figure out a good way to limit exp hoarders. It'll ruin the game if people max out the first day the level cap is raised "
    BB_Lazy says : "Hmm, I have an idea, lets just delete their mail and make them auto-accept loot."
    BB_Has_A_Clue says : "We could make them accept the exp when they complete the map instead of mailing it to them as loot."
    BB_Moron says : "Wait, that requires more than 2 hours of work and we spent it writing this dev blog. Yeah lets just piss em off, maybe we can charge them a fee to save mail, lotta suckers in this game."

Gimme a fricken break. You're lead developer needs to be fired with the moron who created gem pits.

Oh, and seriously, please don't tell me I can't block a person from mailing me except from context menu that exists only a mail they send. If I block someone, I shouldn't have to block them twice or have mail to be able to do it. I'm really hoping I misread that.

Each new idea you release always has some moronic component to it. Time to thin that bloated herd...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I want to keep my old mail too!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Do it put a expiration date on all mail, and while you're at it remove being able to star stuff.......J/K DON'T