Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary: New Mail Interface, Golem Buffs

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Dev's Diary: New Mail Interface, Golem Buffs

Dev's Diary: New mail interface, golem buffs

Dear Settlers,

The in-game mail system will receive a new interface: There are many improvements planned. The new design and functions will make the mail system easier to use. It will also provide more functions and information than before. We added icons, expiration dates for mail and many more helpful information to the system.

Before we start with the mail system, we would like to inform you about what will happen to the remaining golem buffs after the Halloween event.

All golem buffs can be exchanged back to resources by applying them on the Mayor's House.
    The warehouse storage must have enough free space left, otherwise the buff will go back to the Star Menu.

Mail inbox

To open the mail inbox, just click on the icon. A list of the current stored mail appears.

• Every mail will expire after a specific time and gets deleted.
    • Multiple actions can be performed, i.e. delete more then one mail at a time.
    • The mail type (message, loot, guild mail, etc.) will be shown with an icon.
    • The delivery date & expiration time are shown next to the topic and sender.
    • A context menu button allows you to perform several tasks such as: Delete mail(s), reply (to all), mark as read / unread
    • Block function: It will be possible to block senders.
    If a mail expires, it will be deleted, read or unread. In case of mails with attached items or loots, the items will be added to your storage / star menu. A new mail informs you about the deletion and items that were moved from the mail to your storage / star menu.

We also added a mail outbox to the system.

Mail outbox

The outbox button can be found under the inbox button. It opens a list of all not expired sent mails.

• Every mail will expire after a specific time and gets deleted.
    • Multiple actions can be performed, i.e. delete more then one mail at a time.
    • The mail type (message, loot, guild mail etc.) will be shown with an icon.
    • The delivery date & expiration time are shown next to the topic and recipient.
    • A context menu button allows to perform several tasks like: Delete mail(s), mark as read / unread

Not only has the inbox been redesigned, but the mail window will get a new look.

Mail window

Block and ignore other players:

Blocking system
    Players can be added to the block list. A blocked player will not be able to send mail to you.
    A mail from that specific player must be saved in the Inbox. The option can be found in the context menu.

A list of all blocked players can be opened by clicking the button next to the context menu.
    To delete an entry, or unblock, just click on it.

Important: All pictures and information are based on the test version. The final version may differ.

The mail interface re-work will be live on our international testserver (www.tsotesting.com) on Thursday evening, November 9th.

Happy Settling,
    BB_Rawren
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 11-07-13 at 03:10 pm.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Ares
    Very Nice!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Some of my mail is over a year old... awww does that mean I can't keep it ?

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Bummer

I keep old mail too.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I also wouldn't mind an "archive" or "save" option to store mail that you don't want automatically being deleted, even if there's a limited number of mails that could be stored this way.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like to see with this the option to either mark messages that you do not want to lose, or maybe the option to move important emails into a storage folder where they would be safe from deletion.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    yes, i understand you want to conserve space, but every good email system should allow a small amount of room for a player to "archive"...
    and yes i get that you could copy and paste to your own computer.... i still think a small archive space is a good idea

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    There are some mails (with important links) that we want to keep....can that be changed??? And...can you please add option of sending message to leader/officers????

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I will add myself to the growing list of players who will be very unhappy if you don't allow us to archive mails, I have mail from a year ago even that I want to keep. Will be unhappy if I am forced to go back and copy them all so I can keep them.

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    Love this.