Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dev Diary XVI: Christmas Event Technical Preview

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel_Sarkar View Post
    No where did it say you had to log in 24 straight days, just log in 24 days in the event so if you missed a day you should still be okay to open the day the following day without gems. That is my stipulation though.
    When the event starts, there is 1 box per day for the first 24 days. If you miss a day, yes it costs gems to open previous boxes.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    so it's a advents calander that goes thru new years? timeline FAIL

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    so it's a advents calander that goes thru new years? timeline FAIL
    Orthodox Xmas is Jan 7. so not a fail. Just something for more players to whine about.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I want my gold tower on Christmas day! lol
    I guess 12th is the start = day 1
    so day 24 is Jan 4th??

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonst View Post
    I guess 12th is the start = day 1
    so day 24 is Jan 4th??
    Exactly. For most of the secular and christian world, Yule/Christmas is celebrated on December 25th. Solstice is celebrated on December 21st. I didn't know Orthodox (Orthodox what? Russian?) is celebrated on January 4th - maybe I'm just too geographically isolated to be aware of that. In any case, "traditionally" Advent begins on the first day of the month. My son and I have already opened two of the boxes on his Lego advent calendar! I would love to hear from the developer why they chose such a late start date for the calendar.

Thanks!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooton View Post
    Exactly. For most of the secular and christian world, Yule/Christmas is celebrated on December 25th. Solstice is celebrated on December 21st. I didn't know Orthodox (Orthodox what? Russian?) is celebrated on January 4th - maybe I'm just too geographically isolated to be aware of that. In any case, "traditionally" Advent begins on the first day of the month. My son and I have already opened two of the boxes on his Lego advent calendar! I would love to hear from the developer why they chose such a late start date for the calendar.

Thanks!
    The Twelve Days of Christmas are the festive days "beginning" Christmas Day (25 December). The Twelfth Night of Christmas is always on the evening of 5 January. The event and xmas season is a worldwide event, not only an isolated US 1 day holiday. Seems having it last thorough the 5th covers all people and not only single minded individuals.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammuel View Post
    The Twelve Days of Christmas are the festive days "beginning" Christmas Day (25 December). The Twelfth Night of Christmas is always on the evening of 5 January. The event and xmas season is a worldwide event, not only an isolated US 1 day holiday. Seems having it last thorough the 5th covers all people and not only single minded individuals.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there 24 boxes AND aren't they calling it an advent calendar?

World
    Zeus
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there 24 boxes AND aren't they calling it an advent calendar?
    Yes 24 boxes and the event begins the 12th.
    My reply you quoted was more for xmas season, not for Game event. Xmas season doesn't end on the 25th. Maybe you are correct in your 1st reply; "maybe I'm just too geographically isolated to be aware of that"

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Thanks!
    "the developer"

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Dear Settlers,

Today we have another update for you: It is related to the upcoming Christmas 2013 Event!
    All details about the event (e.g. dates, rewards and surprises) can be found here.

Aside from things mentioned in previous announcements, a few additional items will be implemented with the start of the event.
    The following 3 special items will be available only for the duration of the Christmas 2013 Event:

Name: Exotic Flotsam
    Limit: The amount of purchases is not limited.
    What can be inside? Deposit re-fillers, resources and Buffs.
    Availability: The item will be available during the Christmas 2013 Event.

Name: Master Architect
    What can be inside? Decoration items and Buildings.

Name: 3 Premium days
    Description: You gain several advantages when Premium days are active on your account .(details)

Happy settling!
    BB_Rawren
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support