Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cool down on moving buildings

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiastrings View Post
    Is in aide to help prevent Zone Crashes...

Zone crashes still occur. Happens when tearing down and building too many items too quickly. Happened to me the other day while rearranging my island. Was locked out until new quests started.

World
    Zeus

Another Issue with TSO

lvl 50, two year vet here.. quick question for you BB.

Why did you implement
    Spoiler
    a 1 minute wait period time after moving each building.

ive seen players mention this, and didnt think it would have a effect with me, but i have found myself simply waiting for my one min queue to be up so i can keep moving buildings around BECAUSE WE HAVE NO SPACE with 340 buildings, not counting guild house, fairy tale castle, recyclers, silos, watermills, ect.. that one minute hold time, has led to me having time to come to the forums and complain :P could be a way to keep us quiet, let us game

so if you want to keep this one minute hold time, i recommend adding more land/island or players will leave in flocks again.
    (im sure ill still be here however giving my 2 cents )

Serenity

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Copied over from another thread here:

Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    It's most likely to prevent the zone map errors.

I've moved flower beds really fast before a bunch of them at a time. And it has created zone map error crashes. On both times that I've had map errors it related to me moving flower beds rapidly.

But I do find the 60 seconds timer rather annoying. They should reduce it to 10 seconds.
    RonEmpire is correct. I'm not sure why 60 seconds was chosen over 10, but it's likely that it wasn't a random choice. Through testing, the 60-second time limit was probably found to be the best choice in preventing zone crash errors.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post

RonEmpire is correct. I'm not sure why 60 seconds was chosen over 10, but it's likely that it wasn't a random choice. Through testing, the 60-second time limit was probably found to be the best choice in preventing zone crash errors.
    Well then if it prevents crashes ok. I though wonder if that was the ONLY way to fix?
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Ares
    The 60 seconds is most probably becuz the write to master server and back - to avoid collisions, as well as take into consideration lag that may occur from master server to subservers, at least in the case of prestage, master and welt1 are both in France.

Whereas USA etc i have no opinion.

This subject to me is a bittersweet thing that will haunt this game until someone be it by membership or management, gets a totally serious look into WoW problems and then takes hard hard look at this games netcode... for the inventor of this base, should be _____. If it happens to be the same net code from SettlersIII, then there is hope, until i know if this is fact, i cannot help...

If LoU gets plugins immediately when updates occurred, that says allot for the membership for that game. They don't whine and there of course is complaints, the membership though supports the Devs fully and management allows freedom of writing code for its game and approval is almost instant, and as a player there for over 1 1/2 years, we use firefox, chrome, all updated plugins if not auto config, were/are made available via game forum.

By the way, the ingame Guild administration, mail system, et' al' for that game, if any ideas for our game were brought to our Control panels, it would be the best thing that ever happened to this game, for it does have the most superior of all mmo's I've experienced.

What i must stress though, Settlers Online, far out does all of the MMO's online, is this simple fact: We have total communication, and interaction with management, as well as a RealTime Live Testing Server, that allows us to aid the Developers, pre-Live.

Again this is my opinion only my opinion, and is based upon the many years of vast experience playing the biggest MMO's for years. Asiastrings

World
    Ares
    This cool down thing they added needs to be removed I want to rearrange my island and I don' have all bloody day to move sh*t around!

Why the heck did they add this STUPID cool down into the game? Why?

Is bad enough we have a cool down clocks on the Star coin stuff that is a real pis*-off as well.

The cool down things NEEDS TO BE REMOVED from the game

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    Copied over from another thread here:

My guess is they chose 60s because its a nice round number, and they did not test lower intervals. they just simply could not conceive why high level players might need a lower time. The devs have been quite clueless on a number of issues, this is imo just another one. Not the most impressive group of programmers.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i think they were watching the movie " Gone in 60 Seconds" and went with that

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    gotta love how they add more building so we have to move even more around to fit it, then add 60 sec to each move. i've had to 5 or six buildings trying to fit something only to find out it wont fit. its bad enough wasting resources but the time really adds up
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

World
    Zeus
    Zone crash? I always believed it had something to do with poor connection. I never got a zone lock for building or moving things to quickly, ever.

Reply to Thread