Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Create Your Founder Contest

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Best I can do with my modest graphic skills. Penguin by yours truly, based on a likeness of the hand puppet from King of the Hill, inspiration of my in-game name.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    A shepherd had a daughter who tended sheep with him. She knew they needed every one sent to the butcher due to the family’s poverty. She adhered to the rule not to become attached to any of them.
    But then her mother died. And when she thought her father could not hear, she began calling one ewe Lucy, as that ewe accepted her attention.
    The time for the trip to the butcher loomed for Lucy. The father could not simply tell his daughter he would spare Lucy, for he knew she would obediently insist she go to slaughter with the rest.
    Instead, one night he moved Lucy to the island that is my colony. It was accessible by his daughter’s small row boat, but isolated enough that no predators could reach it. He made a good home for Lucy there and waited. He let his daughter think Lucy had wandered off but likely would soon be found.
    A week later his daughter confessed she found the missing ewe (Lucy) that morning. Desperately fighting tears, she asked her father retrieve the ewe, so that she could be brought for slaughter since they needed the money. The father went with her to see Lucy, and said since the ewe looked so comfortable, he wanted to leave her there, if his daughter would check on her.
    Joyfully his daughter tended to Lucy. In time other animals otherwise destined for the butcher appeared on the island, with the daughter’s permission. People would visit to see the special beloved animals spared the butcher’s knife.
    When the daughter wed, there was no question where she would move. She then founded my colony.
    Below is the statue of the daughter and Lucy. Although her story descended through generations, the daughter’s name and the father’s name did not. Only Lucy’s name was remembered, thanks to the visitors who adored her.
    If you visit my colony, you cannot be certain, but likely every animal present is somehow descended from one of the original saved animals.

World
    Ares
    To be "creative", I used a rubber stamp carving - the mother of my village, who bravely fought against all enemies who threatened the safety of the villagers. She is still leading the troops to adventures every now and then today.

(Actually this is a carving inspired by my favorite manga >_<)

Last edited by WhiteAngelYY; 12-02-13 at 03:53 am. Reason: changed the picture

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    my Founder
    Attached Images

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Jean Dubœuf LeCool was the son of Pierre Hippopotame, born in Ville-Marie, near Rouen, and Catherine d'Iberville, born in Sainte-Hélène de Lozère. He helped on the family vineyard growing up, cranking the manual grape crusher when he was just six. But his true passion has always been map charting.

Escaping from his parent's tight grasp at the age of twenty, LeCool took an expedition to the unknown. Caught by a raging storm, his ships were scattered across the ocean, and with a small group of survivors they made landfall at the first solid ground he could find. On this strangely familiar island LeCool ordered to establish a settlement in 1701, and planted the first vines himself.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    This contest is now closed. Thanks for the entries! Winners will be announced later this week.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you BB!! ^_^

Reply to Thread