Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LOTS of issues in the last two weeks

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares

LOTS of issues in the last two weeks

I'm sending in a ticket to support, but wanted to start a thread too just to see if anyone is having the same issues.

1. Lots of transaction roll-backs: I'll place a wheat field and it will pop up in the build queue, but then the build queue disappears and the wheat field disappears. If I add troops to a gen, they'll be there for a split second and then disappear. If I buff something, the buff may "start", and then disappears and goes back to my star. When I'm adding troops to the barracks queue, or items to the provision house queue, they will be there and then disappear. If I'm launching an attack, the general may start marching and then a second later he's back at the garrison. This last one is the most annoying because I've killed a lot of Es because of blocks that didn't "take". When these roll-backs happen, the whole screen freezes (everything stops walking around), and then goes back to where it was a couple of seconds ago and restarts. These "roll-backs" as I'm going to call them happen about every 3 to 4 minutes, constantly.

2. I am getting the "server call failed" message about 4 - 5 times per hour. This is also killing some troops because if that happens at the same time as a rollback, then I can't recall my gens and they are dead before I can reload the game.

3. I've had 3 daily quests that were bugged; the quest was complete, but there was no button to complete it or pay the resources. I've had to just delete them from my queue and hope that the next one would work.

4. Sometimes when I send a message in chat or whisper, the text still stays in the "edit" box and I can just resend it over and over by pressing "enter".

5. Sometimes when I log in, there is no window for chat, news, etc -- it's not just empty or missing tabs, the whole thing is gone. When that happens, the "online" indicators for people disappear and if I try to send a mail then the "Your mail has been sent" window will just cascade across my screen until I log out. Also, if I click on a general to try to load him up with troops, the window will be cut in half horizontally.

6. If I hover over the status for a quest to check my progress, I often get a pop-up that says "You must be Level 50 for this quest" instead of the 1 of 15 (or whatever) that I am expecting. If I'm in an adventure and click on a general, I will get the "edit name" pop-up for a split second before being given the ability to add or remove troops from that general.

7. If I click on the bookbinder to check it's status when making a tome or a codex, about 50% of the time it will reset the build time and start all over.

I have no clue what happened in the last two weeks, but it's almost becoming unplayable. I was recently made the guild leader (and had to build a guild house), but the issues started about a week after that so I'm not sure that's the issue.

I'm going to start grabbing screenshots to add to this thread to show you guys what I'm seeing. If anyone else is having similar issues, I'd love to hear about it.

World
    Ares
    The image below shows:
    - no chat window at all
    - no "online" indicators
    - what happens when I try to send a mail when it's in this state

Whenever one of these "rollbacks" happens, this also happens:

Hmmmm ...... something just doesn't quite seem right:

World
    Zeus
    Wow. And I thought we had issues in Zeus.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Ares
    Just got this beauty while hovering over a silo (looking for a collectible):

It looked familiar, so I checked out my quest book. And there it is:

But hmmm... something looks wrong here. Oh yeah -- the names of the quests are missing.

Anyone at BB want to put me on the payroll as a functional tester?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Not too loud or you'll get a ROLLBACK!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    Not too loud or you'll get a ROLLBACK!
    You're on Zeus. A rollback wouldn't affect you -- not that I want a complete server rollback. I just want BB to figure out WTF is corrupted in my account and FIX it.

(And a paycheck for doing the functional testing would be nice too.)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for taking the time to get these screenshots. We will include these in a report to the developers regarding the issues you are having.

World
    Zeus
    our guild have not had Guild quests in 5 days.
    My Daily quest might show up every other day.
    The past week has been very aggravating

World
    Ares
    Ok, BB devs:

This evening I was able to friend someone and trade with them in the next minute. Sorta. TSO allowed me to send a trade and removed the item I was trading from my inventory (it was greyed out), but the person I was sending the trade to never got it. When I logged out and back in, it was as if the attempt to trade had never happened.

I'm assuming this is another case of extreme lag -- the client app is allowing me to do something that the server doesn't allow, because the client is delayed in asking the server "can I do this?".

If I can duplicate it with someone else, I'll post a screenshot.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Tophour View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to get these screenshots. We will include these in a report to the developers regarding the issues you are having.
    Thanks, Tophour!

BTW, are you over on Anno too? I could swear I saw you there.

(Long-time AnnoFan)

Reply to Thread