Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Move Building not available 12/12

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    well everyone was crying because they put in a delay see what all the whinning got you "old school" you want to move it tear it down.....
    well said

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    keyword "had", lol... I know what you're saying though - I could be quoted saying similar things to post BC/WotLK arrivals on WoW before that game was ruined through "improvements". The real issue lies in the expectation - I'f i'd never had the ability to move a building, i'd obviously not be frustrated by having to tear down and rebuild - but when you spend 2 weeks stockpiling resources for a huge remodel, only to find that your plans have been forestalled by poor development QA (which is the real axe i'm grinding here, not so much that i can't move my buildings as that TSO is increasingly releasing virtually untested material into the live game - the move button was just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak)

The simplest solution is to change the graphic to say BETA beneath it - If i sat down to play a game that I knew was in development and prone to mishap, I would peacfully file my bug report and move on... the issue is that BB is pushing harder and harder to get us to pay for a game that is becoming more and more broken as they work with it. Fix what you've got, get the cash coming in, then add content in methodical orderly manner.

And to be very honest, the real reason for this post is the manner is which I was basically told "tough $#!+, deal with it"... I have been combing through the forums and I must say that as a long time customer service/tech support worker, I am thouroughly disgusted with the manner in which BB/TSO repeatedly takes no responsibility for their failures, makes no genuine apology to their players, and make no visible effort to improve the situation. It is quite evident that they are in dire need of cash, if for no other reason than to pay for a customer service team that's worth... well... anything. Below is the full response I got to my initial ticket if anyone is curious why a person with "no interest in the social aspect of the game" would take to the forums.

Hello Matreyu52,

Thank you for contacting The Settlers Online Support. The Move Building Mechanic has currently been deactivated due to an issue that could lead to locked zones. We are currently working to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Until then players will be unable to move buildings. We understand this can be frustrating and apologize for the inconvenience. You will need to tear your buildings down and rebuild them if you want them to be moved. We thank you for your patience while our developers work to fix this.

This issue was posted on the following link to answer any questions players may have about the Christmas Event:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...tmas-Event-FAQ

If you have any further questions or issues feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you. Have a nice day and enjoy the game.

Thank you,

'The Settlers Online' Support Team

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The move delay at least had some logic behind it - limiting server requests improved gameplay for every one... again it is the failure to thoroughly test changes that is the real Golem here. These guys have Ubisoft behind them, which leaves little room for excuse when it comes to understanding and applying a sound development pipeline to the production cycle

and poor poor poor customer service... If i wanted to be punished for playing I'd play [insert any number of broken indie games here]...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I do understand where your coming from- i need to move 2 watermills to complete my island layout- they are both lvl5, so inorder to finish my island i need to demo 2 lvl5 watermills then rebuild and lvl them back up to lvl5, that is paying x2 the already overpriced amount for water. Ill just wait i suppose.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm not even in that bad of shape - nothing on my island is over lvl3 save the mayor's mansion, lol

anyway - off my soapbox now, thanks to those who listened - hopefully some of you are on the BB payroll

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    sorry... one last thing...

does anyone understand the logic behind the increasing cost of book production based on how many books you have made??? I mean typically the more you print, the cheaper things become right - even in Gutenbergs time that was true.

talk amongst yourselves

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Hope they get it fixed soon.

I can't redecorate for Christmas! /(

It is what it is.....

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Matreyu52 View Post

does anyone understand the logic behind the increasing cost of book production based on how many books you have made??? I mean typically the more you print, the cheaper things become right - even in Gutenbergs time that was true.

talk amongst yourselves
    Since when is this game part of real life? It increases so that it takes longer for you to master thus keeping you in the game for longer. I really don't see a problem with it. Such it expensive but I really dont have a problem with it. As for the move issue, so many people would have been pissed off if they delay the Christmas event and if they didn't remove the move option so many more would have been pissed if the zones locked. It is not about keeping everyone happy but the majority happy. Deal with it.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Matreyu52 View Post

talk amongst yourselves
    well if you decide to leave plz go out in a RAGE i haven't seen one in a while

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    yeah, GFM hasnt been doing his job well

Reply to Thread