Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Move Building not available 12/12

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Move Building not available 12/12

I noticed that "move building" (toolbox tab) isn't selectable any longer. I saw nothing about this in the patch notes.

Anyone have any information about the disposition of this (fairly useful) ability?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Also noticed that - please tell me it's still gonna work.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    According to http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...771#post245771

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Revel
    Move buildings:
    The function was deactivated on short notice due to a critical bug that could lead to locked zones.
    We are working on an hot fix and we will keep you posted.

As an interim solution for the players who have to move a building in order to fulfill a quest, the quest will be completed automatically (this might take some minutes so please be patient).
    In case you still have questions or need advice, please contact our Support Team and they will assist you further.
    Must say I'm really sick of having to scour the .com forums for information. They get linked to data from their login page, we get this tripe: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...hnical-Preview

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by theWhiteCane View Post
    According to http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...771#post245771

Must say I'm really sick of having to scour the .com forums for information. They get linked to data from their login page, we get this tripe: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...hnical-Preview
    The Christmas FAQ with this information was posted yesterday. You can find more information here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...tmas-Event-FAQ
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    BBs keep it this way lets go old school and tear down a building if you want to move it

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    :P

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

You will need to tear your buildings down and rebuild them... seriously???

Issues like these could be easily prevented by vetting your changes more thouroughly before releasing them into the live game… As well I must add that solutions like " You will need to tear your buildings down and rebuild them if you want them to be moved" are quite insulting and would be deemed wholly unacceptable by my employers (I work tech support for a small leisure software company, specifically one that develops and markets fundamentally useless smartphone apps. many of which are offered for free and generate revenue through ads - just so you know I'm not talking about corporate class software here)

While this is not nearly as frustrating as the halloween event failure - it is a symptom of the same over-eagerness to add stuff to a game that is perfectly playable and fun as-is in hope of getting the right worm on the hook to make us bite. I am not alone in deducing that you are having trouble getting people to pay-to-play (as evidenced by the changes in the US community managers, the removal of incentives to play on the test server, and the introducion of "premium" time) - and most likely are on the cusp of a shutdown or no-free-play decision. I submit that if you focus your efforts on stabilizing the exisiting content and implementing a development pipeline that does not introduce half-baked additions to the game which fail and frustrate your players - you would find us much more receptive to paying for your service. Personally my income will not support any game that I must pay-to-play, and I would be fairly certain that a good portion of players on this game are in the same boat so to speak. With that assumption in mind I would advise that you commit to charging all players to play so that those of us unable to do so may move on without feeling as though we "quit" and that those able to pay can have a stable enjoyable game that does not add to the daily mounting frustrations of their lives.
    Life is quite frustrating enough on it's own, games exisit to provided us a respite from this grind, not add to it.

I am and will remain a non-paying player eternally - and I of course realize that my opinion is only worth the money I've given you… Additionally I have no interest in the social aspects of the game that you push so hard on us with "have your friends buff x of your buildings" and the ilk. I'm sure that you say to yourself as you read "then find another game to play"… and perhaps I will, but my underlying point is no less valid - there is a right and a wrong way to do things and you guys are moving further away from right with almost every so-called upgrade.

Thank you for your time

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    oo you newer players have it too easy- we didnt have the move building button for a long long time- you are luck you had one.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Matreyu52 View Post
    Life is quite frustrating enough on it's own, games exist to provide us a respite from this grind, not add to it.

Well said

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    well everyone was crying because they put in a delay see what all the whinning got you "old school" you want to move it tear it down.....

Reply to Thread