Reply to Thread

Thread: Help/Trade/Global tabs

Settler
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb Help/Trade/Global tabs

It has come to my attention that a lot of settlers players have an issue with sending people with question to the Help Tab. I don't understand this point of view as I would think that is what is there for, to be utilized by players seeking help with the game. There are very knowledgeable players there for that express purpose although why people cant figure some of this stuff out on there own I don't understand. This game isn't geared towards rocket scientists and isn't that difficult to figure out! We have a lot of great players that know a lot in this game and love to help...in HELP TAB, I have several in my guild alone that spend time there just to help. And why is it we have people in guilds asking questions repeatedly in help tab? I can understand once in a while if your guildies are offline or afk but to be there constantly shows to me that you don't understand the purpose of a guild at all. It isn't PVP so the only reason you should have for joining one is for help and to help your guildies in a likewise manner. So,again, why have a fit in global 1 for sending people that require help to help tab? even the BB's have done it and i have even asked people to whisper me and helped in whisper tab. We aren't evil people and it actually benefits new players as well. This is why i think we need a chat tabs quest before global becomes available. Teach new players what each tab is used for and why, and I have suggested as much to game developers, BEFORE being allowed to chat. Also links to chat rules should be included in the quests so people actually read what is allowed and what isn't.

World
    Zeus
    There is also a lot of info on the forum. There is a link on the log on page where a player can go and get a load of info.

You are right about the guilds. They should be the main source of help for members.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    There are many people who spend time monitoring the help channel, such that there is almost never a time when a player can ask a question and not get a reasonable response from someone who is fairly knowledgable about the game. There is really no reason that a person should have to go to global to have a question answered. Rather than focus on the discourtesy of players referring a player asking questions in global to the help channel, perhaps we should consider the people who are interupting the conversations in global to ask questions when there is a channel set aside for specifically this. Very few people would have any reservations in referring a person who is posting trades back to the trade channel; why should people asking for help in the wrong channel be treated differently? It would be different if someone was asking for help in the dedicated channel and there was no response; however, this is almost never the case.

World
    Zeus
    Traditionally, if you ask a help question in global, your answer may be silly.
    Whereas, if you go ask in help, where you should be asking, your answer is generally correct.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    As an interesting corollary, how do we address people who come into the help channel and ask for help in determining prices for items for trading. They are not going to trade, as they believe (perhaps rightly so) that they will be taken advantage of in the trade channel. So, these people turn to where they believe they can get help, in the help channel. There is a difference of opinion of if this should be dealt with here. Should that a subject of a question involve trade require the person only to ask in the trade channel? Should the trade channel provide responses, when they are supposed to be restricted to announcing trade officers?

As to when a subject is a trade question or a trade offer may be as simple as if the statement is a question and does not include a total offer independently. For instance, asking "How much can I sell bread for?" would be a question about trade and likely appropriate for help. However, asking "Would people buy my 1k bread for 15 gold?" may be better asked in trade, as it includes an offer.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    maybe we should take those people in whisper and help out so it doesnt clog up help tab or global tab and they dont get taken advantage of either

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Dunno about Ares, but on Zues - if you have a very detailed and specific question - trade tab usually will get better results than guild will (a couple of guilds might have better answers), and tons better advice than global or help. Granted this goes against trade tab rules, so discussion usually cant occur there unless the question can be cleverly framed to fit within trade.

Still, On zues especially with future content - it can take a while for the info to percolate into all the guilds while the best way to find the knowledgeable players is trade. The social players watch help and global, the competitive players watch trade. global is filled with trolls, help is good for noobie questions, but not detailed info.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I don"t know about Zeus but I know in Ares we have a bunch of very good people in help tab just for the purpose of answering questions for new players....we often get goofy and sarcastic in global channel so we send them to help tab. The same players that send people to trade tab often have an issue when you send people to help tab and that makes no sense since it benefits the new players as well.

Reply to Thread