Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooperative Adventures - First Insights

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Cooperative Adventures - First Insights

Dear Settlers,

This developer's diary offers more information related to an upcoming new feature: Cooperative adventures.
    They're new adventures that will enrich the current base of in-game adventures and allow players to face new challenges.

It will not be possible to finish such an adventure alone: It will require cooperation with other players (from 2 up to 4).
    To complete a cooperative adventure, all required players need to be active and help to fulfill the mandatory tasks.

A brief summary of cooperative (combat) adventures can be found below.

• Each cooperative adventure has a goal to destroy all enemies on the map and fulfill requirements of respective quests.
      In addition to the main goal, there may be also optional side quests.

• Cooperative adventures that will be available in the game: The Siege, The Buccaneer Roundup, Tomb Raiders, Lakeside Treasure, Raiding The Raiders, Whirlwind.

• A cooperative adventure can be canceled only by the player who started it. If the adventure is canceled, all involved players are moved back from the adventure map to their home islands and they will receive Experience Points or Star Coins (for level 50 players) based on their contribution (i.e. defeated units). In case of a cancellation, the end reward will not be provided.

• All adventures of this kind have a certain number of players that are required to actively participate in the challenge.
      The map is prepared in a special way (each participant has a separate spawn location), so all required players need
      to be involved in order to complete it.

• Cooperative adventures start at level 26 and can be obtained in many ways: adventure searches (explorers), trading with other players and from the in-game Shop.

Happy settling!
    BB_Rawren
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    looks sweet

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I'm not sure what the point of this new feature is. There are times when it is hard enough just to find someone to buy a loot spot, and get them to send a general to tag in a timely manner. People lose their connection or get distracted by real life. Now we will have to get up to three more people, all of whom have to make significant contributions to finish the adventure. And we can't start another adventure until everyone gets together to finish this one. It looks to me like these adventures will be time consuming and only serve to slow down the game.

World
    Ares
    Is Perfectly Perfect!!!!!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    seems good on paper to get ppl to start working together more but in reality it will only cause more frustration. i agree with CrazyOol

Recruit
    In a house, in a town, in a province, in a country
    World
    Zeus
    If the rewards are worth any of the frustration to get players together, I'd gladly do it!

World
    Zeus
    If you are in a good guild you should have no trouble finding members to join in on these adventures. Lets give them a try.

When do they start?
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    capture the flag yippy!!!!

World
    Zeus
    this looks exciting ! thanks for additional content

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    excellent. I've always felt that LS tags are not what BB intended multiplayer adventures to be.