Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Granite Pit and Buddy's Valentine's Surprise - First Insights

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
    As I said with the other non-refillable building... why not make it possible to BUILD refills in the Rarity Provision House...I don't know what the upgrade costs are gonna be but who's gonna build it up to level 5 if the cost is anything other than pretty darn cheap.
    Correcto! Same with the Exotic wood school.... I doubt people will buy them because they just cost to much and your getting very very little for them... Make dem tradable and cost resource to buil or do something... Kinda ridiculous

World
    Zeus
    Unless something changes for the better I for one will not be buying these.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Unless something changes for the better I for one will not be buying these.
    I bet a million people will follow you on this as well.

World
    Zeus
    no way would i spend that much for it that is totally crazy

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I recently just started playing so not sure what has been tried, also have not tried the test site.
    Currently have been able to trade marble for granite for a ratio 100:3-3.5 with little to no prob.
    Maybe make something in the provision house. Turn marble into granite at a ratio 100:1
    Make it only available in the rarity provision house. Only available at level 40.
    New daily missions produce X amount of granite in provision house.
    In return you should sell more rarity provision houses and get people trying to produce more marble. Thus more people spending more time on your site, witch we all know time is money.

World
    Ares

Angry Worst New Building Ever?

The Granite pit Is pretty much worthless. I must say it is not as bad as the 20000 Gem Endless Copper mine, but it is close. I can get 1000 granite by doing 1 adventure or simply trading for it with 1000 Coins. Hmmmm..... The Granite pit is suspect.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff-Me View Post
    The Granite pit Is pretty much worthless. I must say it is not as bad as the 20000 Gem Endless Copper mine, but it is close. I can get 1000 granite by doing 1 adventure or simply trading for it with 1000 Coins. Hmmmm..... The Granite pit is suspect.
    Lol, yep... Can get twice as much granite from running Island of the pirate adventures.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well, hate to say it but don't like spending gems on something that ISNT permanent. So don't think will be purchasing this item.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The thing around this building being cost effective is also through a mature server lense. A brand new server it could almost be cost effective depending on cost of gems sold ( I can remember buying gem items for .5-.75 when Zeus was young).

The issue of putting these things out via different servers with different economies is why IMO it needs to be refillable or just endless and more gems as then it becomes more a long term cost that can be analyzed and will almost always be worthwhile when you break it down over a long stretch of time.

What a mess as is though.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    The overall scale of the building doesn't change that much with each upgrade. It would be nice if the appearance was larger.

Aesthetically the build is a stand alone build. The settlers headquarters and the bookbinder fit well together. With the bookbinder in the north behind the HQ, the two buildings appear as one. Developing a degree of modularity into all buildings could enhance the game experience. Add an option to place the granite pit closer to a mountain range so that it may better blend with the terrain could be enabled by using the geologist to uncover 1 of 3 mountain placements. Option B could be to create a complimentary build.

The cost and output can be easily adjusted. I think plenty of gem buyers have expressed enough concern to justify a revaluation. I do not have enough knowledge to be able to suggest an actual price point.

I have to run some workhouses because I need a reliable source for those resources. I'm not making any reasonable coin from those builds, it's just a cost of running an island. There should be a limit as to how much easy coin is out there.