Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    *streches and cracks fingers*
    Uh oh.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    I'm writing up the Open Nominations post for Feb. 3rd. If you guys have any questions, concerns, suggestions, let me hear them now!
    What do you expect as far as gameplay from CLs? I know that they are liaisons, and so should be available to the community in which they serve. I am just thinking on how it may alter someone's normal gameplay. Do you expect them to be a presence in Global-1?

Also, I am curious as to how communication is done between CLs and BBs at this point in time. I would venture to guess that messages and whispers are the norm, but do you also hold some sort of meetings between all of you at different times?

My only real concern was having someone from our community representing our community, and I thank you all for taking those concerns into consideration and doing something about them.

Is there going to be a limit on how many people someone can nominate? I would think if there are going to be 2 CLs on each server, then nominations should be limited in a way that perhaps everyone only gets to nominate one or two people. Though, that is more of a suggestion then a concern in my mind.

All in all, I think this is a great program and I think it makes it easier for you as BBs to really get to know what people in the community want directly from those that play the game without perhaps having to sift through all the data on the forums, which I can imagine would take hours daily to just read and respond to it all lol.

Guess those are all my thoughts on this at this time. Ty as always

World
    Ares
    Had another thought/question about lengths of terms. I am not sure if CLs have a term length, as in they will be CL for so long before nominations are held again. Think it may be beneficial to have a system set up (if not already in the works) so that someone is a CL for a certain length of time. This would ensure that if someone isn't working out or decides maybe the position is too much work, everyone knows its only for a certain length of time. This is a gaming community where 3-6 months can be quite a lengthy period of time for playing. This way everyone knows that nominations for the next round of CLs will be at such and such a time interval. I would suggest either 3 month or 6 month terms. Personally, I've been playing for over a year and don't plan on stopping any time soon, but myself like so many have no idea what 3-6 months can bring...let alone tomorrow lol. I realize that 3 months may be too short of a term, but 6 may be appropriate.

Anyways, just my suggestion/thoughts.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    A community leader is a person who leads by example. A CL is a player who is kind civil and cordial. Any player who endeavors to share in the spirit of the game with other players could be a CL.

A CL leader should be an experienced player. Preferably a player with a good experience. A CL will understand that new players are to be welcomed because without new players, we're just playing with our... well I think most of you can figure out who we'd be playing with.

I can think of several players I would vote for as CL. None of them are qualified. I'm not running a business or hosting a forum. I'm here to have fun and adventure, I'm going to vote for that every time.

If I see a community leader answering a question I can go back to what I was doing know that the player with the Q will get the help they need.

My first thought when I read that a CL can relay info to BB was "I've got lots of ideas".

I oppose allowing players to vote for CL.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    A community leader is a person who leads by example. A CL is a player who is kind civil and cordial. Any player who endeavors to share in the spirit of the game with other players could be a CL.

A CL leader should be an experienced player. Preferably a player with a good experience. A CL will understand that new players are to be welcomed because without new players, we're just playing with our... well I think most of you can figure out who we'd be playing with.

I can think of several players I would vote for as CL. None of them are qualified. I'm not running a business or hosting a forum. I'm here to have fun and adventure, I'm going to vote for that every time.

If I see a community leader answering a question I can go back to what I was doing know that the player with the Q will get the help they need.

My first thought when I read that a CL can relay info to BB was "I've got lots of ideas".

I oppose allowing players to vote for CL.
    Hiya Forrell,

Good points, and I agree with you. Players will be able to nominate themselves or other players, but there will not be a vote. It's not going to be a popularity contest. The decision as to who joins the Community Leader program will remain with the community management team.
    **Retired**

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    Hiya Forrell,

Good points, and I agree with you. Players will be able to nominate themselves or other players, but there will not be a vote. It's not going to be a popularity contest. The decision as to who joins the Community Leader program will remain with the community management team.

We can't nominate till after Feb 3rd right?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Awesome lets get some ppl that are really full of themselves

World
    Ares
    I don't at all think the community should vote for CLs, because it shouldn't AT ALL be a popularity contest. So I definitely see no issue with the community management team making the decision. They should be the ones that have a final say in who they will be working with directly. (not that you need my permission, but wanted to express my agreement.)

However, I would like to see some answers/thoughts to the questions I raised in my last two posts if that isn't too much trouble. Even a "Sorry Faith, I can't answer the questions you raised and your thoughts just aren't feasible." would suffice. ;-) Thanks!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith_4 View Post
    I don't at all think the community should vote for CLs, because it shouldn't AT ALL be a popularity contest. So I definitely see no issue with the community management team making the decision. They should be the ones that have a final say in who they will be working with directly. (not that you need my permission, but wanted to express my agreement.)

However, I would like to see some answers/thoughts to the questions I raised in my last two posts if that isn't too much trouble. Even a "Sorry Faith, I can't answer the questions you raised and your thoughts just aren't feasible." would suffice. ;-) Thanks!
    Sorry for the confusion! These questions and others will be answered in the CL Nomination post on Feb. 3rd. Got to get the wording right.
    **Retired**

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    We can't nominate till after Feb 3rd right?
    Yes, please hold off on nominations until the post is up on Feb. 3rd. It will have all the necessary information and instructions about the process.
    **Retired**

Reply to Thread