Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Leaders Program

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm fairly new. That said ... Community leaders should come from the community they serve. I also think that community leaders already exist on the server, without having them assigned by BB. It's not clear to me from the post how they are going to help. There is a lot of description of what they can't do, but little explanation of what they can do beyond what "normal" players already do.

Also I have to say I'm not in Global all day but most evenings. And I don't know any of these people. I already know the Ares leaders and these aren't them. Might have been better to have people on the Ares server and see who really has been helping people.

Thanks,

Zeffin

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    First thing i would like to say is, I think this is a good idea, though i dont get what the different color font is all about. Coming from a player who has played on and off for a yr. or so and in the past couple months, I have been on almost everyday, I think there are plenty of players here together as a whole, capable of answering every question imaginable, so the color font change baffles me in to why you would seclude a few ppl. Anyhooters, who really cares, but if its for the purpose of a easier way to know who to go to for the "normal" game questions or tech questions usually for the BB's, then ok, makes sense. Which brings me to the next question, Do these players have better access to the BB's? Well that is all, my main reason for this post is, what the H.E.double hockey sticks, i want a shnazzy color to my font!!!UPRISE PPL!! EQUALITY FOR COLORS!!...ok carry on my fellow settlers....just as long as people get there questions answered, then whatever, more power to this. Peace in the Middle East my brothas and sistas! Fight the Oppressors! Free Mumia!! Go Green!!! We Will Survive!!

See you on the Front Lines!! DATA OUT! *beep boop bop*.......*leaves while chanting "give me colors or give me death!*

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Visiting the test server brought back memories of the many things I had to read to get to level 38 on the main grid. The quest book is relentless, I had so many resource mails that I didn't even see the friend invites. Whisper kept blinking but nobody was there and then when I did get a whisper, I thought it was nobody so I ignored it. I have a point.

I like the text color change for the community leaders. It can be confusing sometimes as to who is talking to who in chat. I like to joke and play around at times and I think it is a good idea to have other players who can offer distinct clarity that G1 is only joking.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hi guys,

To those of you who have welcomed the CLs with open arms, thank you. For those that have further questions, perhaps this post will help:

When you say “this program has been in the works for awhile,” how long do you mean?

Half a year, if not longer. To give you a sense of time, it was long enough for Shuttlepilot to enter the trial CL program, participate for a bit, and then retire due to a decrease in how much time they had to devote to the game.

Why'd you choose these guys to be Community Leaders?

We put all the players’ names in a hat and drew four.

I kid, I kid.

Of course, much thought and consideration was put into choosing the Community Leaders. They were chosen because they exhibited a variety of outstanding character traits including, but not limited to: a near-encyclopedic knowledge of Castle Empire; a high level of enthusiasm and dedication to the game; an ability to answer player questions in an insightful and succinct manner, a really nice smile.

If they were DnD characters, they would have rolled natural 20s for all their stats.

But I've never heard of these guys before! What gives?

Though one of our criteria for choosing Community Leaders is “active,” that doesn’t necessarily mean “active in global chat.” There are numerous ways to be active – in-game, in a guild, on the forums, on help chat, on our social media, in the events and promotions forums - the list goes on and on!

If you haven’t previously heard of our Community Leaders, think of this as a great opportunity to introduce yourself!

Why are there no Community Leaders with Ares as the main server?

We admit that not having a Community Leader on the Ares server during the program launch was a poor decision. We had a few nominees in mind, but they either declined the invitation or fell off the radar.

Our current CL’s volunteered to start new accounts on the Ares server to ensure those players would also get the benefit of their help. When nominations open again, we will be focused on finding dedicated Ares players.

I know someone who would be a great Community Leader, how can I go about nominating them?

The Community Leader program is currently closed to nominations. We need to give the program time to develop in the public's eye and let the CL’s settle into their official roles. Additionally, the community team needs some time to streamline various processes and kinks in the system. When the Community Leader nominations are re-opened, there will be an entire post on how to nominate yourself or others.

To be a good candidate for the Community Leader program, you will need:
    • A good attitude
    • A history of being knowledgeable, helpful, kind or generous in game-or in the forums
    • A moderate to high level of in-game activity (players must be playing the game for 6 months or longer to be considered)
    • No infractions on the account – in-game or in the forums. *
    • The ability to communicate information clearly
    • Copious amounts of chocolate chip cookies as a bribe

* I want to be a Community Leader, but I've had infractions on my account in the past. Can I still be considered?

It depends on the situation. If you’ve had infractions on your account recently, the answer is likely no. However, if the infractions are from a year ago or older, we are willing to investigate the situation and review your recent conduct in game and on the forums to see if you would be an ideal candidate.

Are Community Leaders just here to police the chat?

No, that remains the job of our BB staff. That being said, they do have the ability to bring severe moderation issues directly to the community team.

Well then, what do Community Leaders do, exactly?

“Leaders” is a bit misleading. “Liaisons” would be a more appropriate term, but if we changed it now that would mean we’d have to remember how to spell it and half the time we’d forget to include that pesky extra ‘i’ and grammarians would feel compelled to correct us on the forums and we’d have to reply with a silly meme pic in order to distract everyone from our stupidity and the whole thread would just devolve into an off-topic mess. So, Community Leaders it is!

Think of Community Leaders as an extension of the Good Citizen Award. They are helpful, kind, knowledgeable players that are active in-game and in the forums.

As a Community Leader, they act as another avenue of assistance to players needing help or guidance.

Community Leaders also collect valuable information; including, but not limited to: bugs, feature feedback, amusing anecdotes, and player questions and concerns.

Essentially, Community Leaders are what they have always been: outstanding community members and a valuable resource.

Um … regular players do this stuff all the time. Are you saying that you'll only listen to feedback from the Community Leaders now?

Not at all. Think of it this way. Is it easier to listen to multiple people discussing multiple different subjects or to listen to one person discussing multiple topics? If you answered the latter, congratulations – now you’re thinking like a CM!

Community Leader’s are able to take the myriad of player concerns, questions and issues on the forums and in-game and squeeze them into manageable bite-sized pellets of information that the community team can take directly to the developers.

Further, Community Leaders are able to observe and judge as players first; whereas the community team must, by necessity, observe and judge the game on a much different level. The CL's insight and feedback is essential in getting your feedback to the community team and the development team.

Hey! Two of your Community Leaders are in the same guild! What's up with that?

So, you noticed this too. That was a happy little accident. Aquila and immaduck were not in the same guild when they were first invited into the CL program. Later on, Aquila made the decision to join the mighty DUCKs. There is no rule in the Community Leader program stating that Community Leaders cannot be in the same guild.

Can people ask game-related questions in Global chat?

This is off-topic, but since there are so many posts about it this thread, I might as well answer the question here. Global chat does not have any chat restrictions on it, other than the TOS and Code of Conduct. Players are absolutely allowed to ask game-related questions on this channel. We get it, though. It's super frustrating! The tab is right there, and it says 'Help' in big, shiny letters and everything! IT’S. RIGHT. THERE.

If a player asks a question in Global and gets an answer, so be it. In cases of question overload, we ask that you nicely guide these new or confused players to the Help tab. Trust us, players on the Help tab want to answer questions as badly as you don't.

I hope this helped clear up some questions and concerns you had about the CL program.

Cheers,
    BB_Rawren
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 01-17-14 at 02:58 pm. Reason: Corrected name
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    i would like to vote EpsilonSilver for CL

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    i would like to vote EpsilonSilver for CL
    Interesting.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have 2 concerns, you should have chosen main Ares players for Ares CL, instead of main Zeus players. Each server has a way different trade, market, those who just started on Ares will not be able to answer those questions well. I don't think being a CL for both servers is a good idea, You can't fully dedicate yourself to both servers very well. You will always have your dominate server account.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDestroyer View Post
    I have 2 concerns, you should have chosen main Ares players for Ares CL, instead of main Zeus players. Each server has a way different trade, market, those who just started on Ares will not be able to answer those questions well. I don't think being a CL for both servers is a good idea, You can't fully dedicate yourself to both servers very well. You will always have your dominate server account.
    Agreed

World
    Zeus
    If I had less of a life I would spend an unreasonable amount of time pontificating here on how/why this CL program has taken a turn for the worst. I have to admit, it seems like some BB's may be hiring their pals instead of who is actually good for a server or known/respected by the long term players. KnightDestroyer is totally right by the way- absolutely pointless to import DUCKS from Z to Ares to CL a server they don't know. BB- you need to re-evaluate your approach on this. Your missing the mark. Maybe try talking to some of the longer term players before you arbitrarily assign people who are supposed to be "CL"s.... my two cents. Long live Elysium!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadGod View Post
    If I had less of a life I would spend an unreasonable amount of time pontificating here on how/why this CL program has taken a turn for the worst. I have to admit, it seems like some BB's may be hiring their pals instead of who is actually good for a server or known/respected by the long term players. KnightDestroyer is totally right by the way- absolutely pointless to import DUCKS from Z to Ares to CL a server they don't know. BB- you need to re-evaluate your approach on this. Your missing the mark. Maybe try talking to some of the longer term players before you arbitrarily assign people who are supposed to be "CL"s.... my two cents. Long live Elysium!!
    Couldn't of said it better myself...

Reply to Thread