Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Leaders Program

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    There’s nothing extra that a CL will receive to give their guild an advantage. Actually it may just be the opposite, as we are meant to give our time to the community as a whole.

You also have to understand that this is the official beginning of the CL program. There’s a lot of room for growth. It will only get better if the community decides to make it work.

The tasks for a CL are kind of dynamic. It’s going to change according to what “you” want. Unless of course the community never changes, always wants the same thing, always has the same game issues.

There are so many players in this game and there is no way I could know absolutely everyone in it, so I don’t blame you for not knowing who I am. To get to know me a little more you could visit my personal page by clicking my name above my avatar or visit some of my more popular forum pages listed in my signature.

I will keep playing on Zeus and Ares daily and you can always contact me through email. So even if you don’t see me in global, give that a try. I often just look at what’s going on in the public chats, mainly so I can get to know you guys

Also this isn't a paying job, I’m doing this because I want to and what I want is for it to work out as best as possible.

So I’m going to start with a list of idea of what I could do for the community.

- You could have a question about a game issue that can’t seem to be resolved even after contacting support. Sometimes it’s just a matter of rephrasing the issue or just talking it through.
    - Maybe you have this awesome idea you’d like to share
    - You've asked everyone you know about how a certain feature works or why it works that way and no one seems to have the same answer. Maybe I could get to the bottom of that for you.
    - A feature in the game really bugs you and you need to make your voice heard
    - You've heard about a new bug that’s being abused and want to make sure BB knows about it right away.
    The following is a better reflection of what I would be watching for.
    - You'd like to know if you are using a bug or if this is something that is allowed in game.
    - You’re too shy to talk to an official BB. Hey talk to me, I won’t bite... much.

and the list could go on and on and on......

If I don’t know the answer, I’ll ask around and I’ll get to the bottom of it. Of course it’s got to be TSO related. Ask me how an airplane stays up in the air, I could probably find you a good Google page but that’s not really what a TSO CL is all about.

Last but certainly not least; I would like to know what you expect from a CL and what you would like to see happen in the community with our help. Please post some of your ideas here or if you prefer you could always email me in game or on the forum. For those on Ares that would be to Aquila-Plume

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I think that playing on both servers should be a requirement to be a CL if the program is successful.

New people join all the time, to say that only veteran players can be CL's is not very welcoming. I didn't know that we were allowed to play on both servers... if we are.

The trade prices are different on each server but trading is only 1 aspect of TSO.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    "- You've heard about a new bug that’s being abused and want to make sure BB knows about it right away."

sounds like the snitches of TSO

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    guess we know where the cauldron and wpps bugs went...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    if the majority of the community liked these things then why would u help* take them away if you are the community's leader?
    Last edited by TrueHead; 01-18-14 at 12:11 pm. Reason: *

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I for one say that the ares ppl need a different forum!!! they don't seem to know that there are two servers and second ES as CL. lol

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    I think that playing on both servers should be a requirement to be a CL if the program is successful.

New people join all the time, to say that only veteran players can be CL's is not very welcoming. I didn't know that we were allowed to play on both servers... if we are.

The trade prices are different on each server but trading is only 1 aspect of TSO.

That was my thought exactly. When I was asked to be part of the CL program, I had already had an account on Ares as Aquila-Plume for almost a month. I hadn't played it regularly, but a few months after, I decided I was going to take it more seriously so we could get to know Ares and maybe find someone there that would be a great fit for the CL program. I also thought, if I'm CL on Zeus then I should be good enough to be CL on Ares right.

You're right, the trade isn't quite the same there and I've even had to ask which trade sheet you guys use most of the time, but the rest of the game is the same.

I also wanted to try something totally different with my island this time and wanted to take note of all the quests so I can have the best list possible to help people. Not sure why I'm so addicted to TSO lol, but after hitting 50 on Zeus, I felt the need to relearn it all over again.

About new people being considered for the CL program though, I do think at least 6 months of play time isn't too much to ask. There are certain things in TSO you can only learn from experience, like if you're going to be wanting to play this game for an extended amount of time. Before you reach level 20 you don't really get a good feel of just how slow this game can get haha. Not to mention people would just revolt and throw deer musk at you if they found out you only started less than 6 months ago.

As for playing both servers that is 100% allowed, I've made sure to ask. Since both servers are accessed from http://www.thesettlersonline.net this means you need to log in with different email accounts and have different user and avatar names.

Here are the steps you'll need to take:
    - make sure you have an email account that is different than the one you used for Zeus (or Ares if joining Zeus)
    - go to http://www.thesettlersonline.net/en/homepage
    - Click the "REGISTER" at the top of the right column
    - Enter the information in the boxes to that appear to the left and click "REGISTER NOW"
    - You will then need to choose your avatar name and character graphic (both servers are still connected somehow so you can't have the same name on each server)
    **** IMPORTANT: In this step you also need to choose which server you will play on. Make sure you choose Ares (or Zeus if joining Ares)***

Since you can't trade, buff or anything else between servers, there is no chance for you to have any advantage over others by creating this account on the other server. Where it becomes against the rules is when you create multiple accounts on the same server. So if you accidentally do this you can contact support to get this second account removed. That way you're sure to be safe from every getting into trouble

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    if the majority of the community liked these things then why would u help* take them away if you are the community's leader?
    If the majority knows about a bug that means some of the community doesn't and part of the ones that know about the bug don't want to go against the TSO rules and abuse the bug, so they lose out. So now a smaller part of the community that's slightly unscrupulous has the advantage over the rest of the community.

Is that really fair for them? Should we just let that go and hope that maybe those using bugs would reduce the price of the items they sell us?

Edit: Just to be a little more clear on this and after the reaction you'll see in later posts, when I say bug I'm talking about something that would damage gameplay for yourself or for others. Like a single use item being able to be used twice or more, for example. Too much emphasis was placed on CLs reporting bug abuse and it shouldn't have since we can't truly know if a person is using a bug unless we can see their account information and we don't have access to that.
    What I'm most concerned about are bugs that stop your gameplay, that steal your resources, that stop production, etc.

There is also the matter of player tactics which could be viewed as abusing a bug if looking at the definition of a software bug. This is a matter I am presently looking into and will hopefully be posting on very soon.
    Last edited by CL_Aquila; 01-20-14 at 04:14 pm. Reason: added a definition to my view on bugs

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Beans dropped due to the WPPS bug and since its been gone prices have gone up from the WPP 5-6gc ish per bean to about 9gc (which is almsot double)... i guess you dont know much about trade prices. and now since you guys are "snitching" to BBs about these, I expect players who know about any current bugs to be extra secretive about them.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    I for one say that the ares ppl need a different forum!!! they don't seem to know that there are two servers and second ES as CL. lol
    Funny you should mention that. I had started a new group just before I put up my first post here. I called it the Community Corner.

Not too sure how that will all go but I thought it was worth a try. You're all welcome to join it and contribute if you like.

Reply to Thread