Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Leaders Program

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Community Leaders Program

Greetings!

A few months ago, the alpha phase of the community leader program was quietly-opened without an official announcement. During that time, key community members were identified and asked to become community leaders for a trial period. In an ideal situation, there would have been an official announcement with an introduction to the members and an explanation of the program at that time. However, there have been a multitude of growing pains, changes in leadership, and some unexpected bumps along the way which prolonged the announcement and the official start of the program. These players have been functioning as community leaders for quite some time, and today we’d like to officially introduce and welcome them as official Community Leaders.

Before announcing our first community leaders, let's learn about what a Community Leader is:

A Community Leader is an outstanding member of the community that is active, helpful and knowledgeable. Community Leaders are not exempt from the rules and are held to the same standards as all other players.

A Community Leader is a helping hand. They provide guidance to players and direct them to helpful guides and support tools. Community Leaders are not moderators. They do not have the ability to perform moderation actions.

A Community Leader is the eyes and ears of the community. They collect valuable information on game-related issues and community concerns for the Community Manager to relay back to the development team. Community Leaders do not have insider’s access to game development cycles, upcoming patches, or event information.

A Community Leaders is a regular player. Community Leaders are not paid and are not in the employ of Ubisoft. They assist as volunteers only.

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to our first Community Leaders. They are:
    • AlphaSmitey
    • Shuttlepilot (Retired)
    • Immaduck - Immaduck1 on Ares
    • Aquila - Aquila-Plume on Ares

In the forums, they can be identified by the Community Leader title under their usernames. In-game, they will also have the CL_ tag and a special font color.

Please join me in a warm welcome to these Community Leaders and thank them for their contributions thus far, both in and out of game.

Cheers,
    BB_Rawren
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 01-16-14 at 10:06 am. Reason: Updated
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Is this on the test server? Figured for something like this they would be names we'd actually recognize

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I know of Smitey and Immaduck from trade tab. Both are fair traders imho.

Congratulations to all.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Versago99 View Post
    Is this on the test server? Figured for something like this they would be names we'd actually recognize
    You don't know them is because those players are on the Zeus server.

World
    Ares
    Makes sense that they would use Zeus players to be community leaders on Ares, since they know the community so well... what a second...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    you are not the only one that is confused with who was chosen as the new CLs. think the majority of the ppl on Zeus were confused with the pickings as well, so it is not just you. But just keep in mind a CL is not anything more than an average helpful semi-knowledgeable player who does not have any infractions/bans. So there really there is not a difference in a CL than a player of that description though i think the ball was dropped on this and dont think people have much respect for some of current CLs and think this program is now meaningless.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    only 1 i know here truly deserves this and that is smitey. smitey is a nice guy, and great person to get along with. now as for the rest....never heard of them, or never got to know them which means they don't know the community as well as they should

However i'm not giving the program a thumbs down yet, as i want to see how this turns out

Settler
    World
    Ares
    First impression was not good. One says to a player "oh didnt you just have your name changed" Uh no -complete fail. How about we make sure they learn the players before they "lead".
    For a game that has as much "waiting" as this one does it is imperative that it has a vibrant chat system in place. With out that you will lose players at a rapid pace (and most likely your paying players) . The BBs have done a fantastic job in monitoring the chat in mine and many other players ,who are active in Global, opinion. But to be perfectly honest many of us are feeling sort of threatened at this point. Chat was so slow earlier that BBs came in and started telling jokes --really.
    Some players are talking about going to other globals . I see two problems with that --one all your doing is breaking the players up in smaller groups so again less interesting. Second problem is how do "new" players ever get assimilated into the game and more importantly the "community" .
    Im not sure what the reason is for this but I seem to sense a change of direction here. I have saved multiple posts from multiple BBs telling players to go to HELP channel for questions. Now tonight telling us to answer questions in Global. That is recipe for disaster if ever there was one. I can only hope that the Cls will spend most of their time in the HELP channel where they are needed and when they are in global that they become like good refereees --no one notices them. Because if it becomes all about them then things will not be good.
    Now having said all that Im the first to realize people hate change (espicially when it was rolled out like this). So I agree we have to give it a chance but I m just trying to highlight the concerns of many veteran players.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Ok I have several issues with the CL's and BB's...first off both the ones on ares are in the same guild with other zeus players..already seems like a recipe for favoritism.Second, how can someone be a CL when i have never seen them before and I am in Global all the time? It makes no sense, not to mention one of those "veteran players" that was chosen for a CL didnt even know about cempire.org, no offense but how are they gonna lead and help when thats something most of us learned in week 1 of playing. Next for the BB's, I absolutely refuse to answer questions in Global when we have a nifty tab labeled HELP for those ppl that can't or won't figure things out on their own. Even had one BB post something the other day i copied that sounded like it came from a book of rules to go to help tab. BB's need to get on the same page and UBI needs to quit playing faves and get rid of the so called CL's that very obviously dont know us at all

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Im not sure of the purpose of this..maybe on help tab ..on global or trade tab ..i just cant see any real need..we have always taken care of our own quite well

Reply to Thread