Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Improved Silos

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus

Improved Silos

New Improved Silo - cost is 1995 gems. Base production time is 4 minutes. Cost to upgrade and move is same as old silo. Given Zeus lately, i expect it will sell near if not over the price per gem that MA's sold for. So 20-30k coin cost on Zeus if it goes live as is. Given the under supply of regular silos, I doubt the silo market will fall, so much as stop rising by 1k a month.

The 4 minute production time is is troublesome as the faster a buildings production time is, the greater percentage of total production time is spent walking. New silos will have at lowest a production time of 4:24. Most will be 4:40 or higher. As it is currently on test, due to the amount of time lost, one new silo replaces approximately 2.7 old silos.

This messes up a clean exchange of 3 old silos for 1 new silo, and forces people to either inefficiently use/buff silos or forced to build in large, exact quantities.

Could we simply have the new silo for purposes of convenience give 3x the deposit refill, but same speed? if i am going to be scrapping ~ 50 old lvl 5 silos, i'd like it to be a clean experience with no cause for hesitation (such as moving a LOT of lvl 5 farms on a completely full island to make sure all my silos have minimized walking)

Test server thread on this issue: http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...silos-the-flaw
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    The 4 minute production time is is troublesome as the faster a buildings production time is, the greater percentage of total production time is spent walking. New silos will have at lowest a production time of 4:24. Most will be 4:40 or higher. As it is currently on test, due to the amount of time lost, one new silo replaces approximately 2.7 old silos.

This messes up a clean exchange of 3 old silos for 1 new silo, and forces people to either inefficiently use/buff silos or forced to build in large, exact quantities.

Could we simply have the new silo for purposes of convenience give 3x the deposit refill, but same speed? if i am going to be scrapping ~ 50 old lvl 5 silos, i'd like it to be a clean experience with no cause for hesitation (such as moving a LOT of lvl 5 farms on a completely full island to make sure all my silos have minimized walking)

Test server thread on this issue: http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...silos-the-flaw

I don't think is troublesome. I mean..come on people, are we really so lazy? Lets have a little challenge in this game. And who said we should have a "clean exchange" ?
    In reality, even if they make the cycle 12 min and 3x output, it would be hard to have a clean exchange. I agree is going to be much closer to 3 (up from 2.7), but you wont have a perfect 3 anyway

World
    Zeus
    the 3x better is very misleading because of the walk times involved. so its not a clean 3 silo replacement.

the advantage of a shorter production time is that it doesn't take as long for it to jump back into the nearest wheat field.

currently the behavior is if the nearest wheatfield is maxed out it will WALK very very far to another wheat field and spend 12minutes+ there before deciding if it will refill the nearest one. the time it is spent far away is now reduced significantly.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    i would rather it was a straight 3:1 ratio but i will just keep some of my level 5 regulars around to cover the difference if needed- thanx for the math tho mate

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    the 3x better is very misleading because of the walk times involved. so its not a clean 3 silo replacement.

the advantage of a shorter production time is that it doesn't take as long for it to jump back into the nearest wheat field.

currently the behavior is if the nearest wheatfield is maxed out it will WALK very very far to another wheat field and spend 12minutes+ there before deciding if it will refill the nearest one. the time it is spent far away is now reduced significantly.
    Problem fairly easily solved by having farms in 2-3 adjacent sectors - also right now a silo jumping to another sector - no big deal- means the farm for that silo has a full field. Once this hits, will be harder to manage perfect balance on a field (the production time difference for ALL 11 silos v. farms combined in my sector 1 is 16s). i wont manage such perfection with the new silos.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    From what I saw on the test server, this is very misleading. And is not worth it to replace regular silos with the super silos.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

I am currently in Immortal Warriors.
    I currently ranked Unsullied.

Playing since October 2011 in Zeus Server.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I wont be buying these as I just bought lots of normal silo's, thanks for the heads up BB!!!!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    when are these coming out?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I am quite happy with the silos I have, but thanks for the effort BB.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcator View Post
    I am quite happy with the silos I have, but thanks for the effort BB.
    I agree.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Reply to Thread