You just got trolled Rawren.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    ES at it again lol

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Given people don't expect to be scammed, why would they have a screenshot documenting the events? Occasionally yes, usually no.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    BB asks for screen shots for every complaint and problem. Cuts down on the requests for solutions.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    #4 Auctions - trades with multiple resources being traded.

#5 The add on - Deals that keep changing as the resources are in the process of being transferred.

Having some recourse for trades gone bad is the right thing to do. I applaud BB's decision to update the code.

World
    Zeus
    Question: What about guild hoppers? There are players whose intent is to take advantage of guild members' generosity. They get what the can from a guild then leave and join the next group. I know many guilds give away resources to their members, with the 'pay it forward' philosophy. Shouldn't we have a way to warn other guilds about people who take advantage?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    It's their game, dude. If they want to try & legislate behavior, it's their prerogative. You're always free to develop your own game & set it up to enable scams.
    That wasn't the point.

It's more of BB somewhat trying to "protect" the scammer by not calling them out in public. The whole point of calling someone out is to protect fellow players from said scammer, and word of mouth travels much faster than your 1 to god-knows-when-support-ticket and maybe ban, because as already mentioned, you are not expected to be scammed, throw in Rawren's "be sure to give it some time, as internet connect might have dropped or emergency arises" and thus the likelyhood of us players starting to screenshot every out of TO trade is...eh, miniscule. Guess what happens to your chatlog if you do lose connection. I for one take extended afk times to return with a crashed plugin because collectibles have spawned.

If you plan to scam, you are well aware of your reputation taking a hit if the scam is discovered, and BB simply wants us to keep quiet and wait for them to act. To top the whole thing off, all current scammers are immune to getting banned, as screenshots and blahblah are required which there aren't any available. So we _have_ to get scammed again before we can actually get rid of such a person. To sweeten this just a little bit more, nothing was said about reimburstment if someone got scammed, reported and had the person banned.

Obviously this change in CoC won't have any real effect on us, we'll still talk about it within guild, in whispers to other guilds and they spread the word there, all in all we just need to use a loophole to avoid getting banned(?) ourselves for calling out a scammer in plublic.

World
    Zeus
    Ceruhe, you have some very valid points, and some I agree with.

Just to play devil's advocate, I'm thinking the reason they don't want us talking about it in global channels is due to the arguments/drama that ensues in chat. There was recently an argument between two players, both saying the other was trying to scam them, which to me (after talking with both players) just looked like a big misunderstanding and two egos/tempers. I don't think either set out to scam the other, but now both reputations are stained because of the argument. Situations like this should be resolved in whisper, and guild leaders can step in if needed. Then take it to BB if it can't be resolved. There's no need for everyone to see the drama interrupting a chat.

I do agree with you, however, that we do need some way to inform others about repeat offenders. Misunderstandings aside, some players do set out to intentionally take advantage or cheat others out of stuff...which I really don't understand. I mean, how petty do you have to be to cheat people on a FREE game? The scammer list on the forum we had was useful. The accused scammer could also state their side, and if its a misunderstanding, the accuser would retract. Guild leaders would use this list to avoid bringing known scammers into their guild. So now, we'll have to email all the guild leaders we know to warn them? Very inefficient.

To sum: agree with not calling out scammers in chat, take it to whisper. DISAGREE with taking down the scammer list on the forum!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    "There has been an update to our Code of Conduct, stating "Public denouncement regarding cheating is not permitted whether it be multi accounting, trade scamming or any forbidden activity of that type and could result in a chat ban.""

BB_Rawren I think that BlueByte may actually be hurting themselves from a revenue perspective with this COC update. Consider that the people who generally fall victim to a "scam" are new(er) players. It's been my experience over the past 10-11 months here that the people who spend real dollars on this game are the ones who have had a chance to advance a little bit, learn about the game and start to become part of this community. If those new(er) players quickly lose their assets and resources as a result of somebody scamming them they're not going to file a report, they're going to quit and go play another online game. They're not going to stick around long enough to reach the point where they will spend real money to play this game.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirkjon View Post
    "There has been an update to our Code of Conduct, stating "Public denouncement regarding cheating is not permitted whether it be multi accounting, trade scamming or any forbidden activity of that type and could result in a chat ban.""

BB_Rawren I think that BlueByte may actually be hurting themselves from a revenue perspective with this COC update. Consider that the people who generally fall victim to a "scam" are new(er) players. It's been my experience over the past 10-11 months here that the people who spend real dollars on this game are the ones who have had a chance to advance a little bit, learn about the game and start to become part of this community. If those new(er) players quickly lose their assets and resources as a result of somebody scamming them they're not going to file a report, they're going to quit and go play another online game. They're not going to stick around long enough to reach the point where they will spend real money to play this game.
    So how is that going to hurt UBI, either or they would have gotten scammed, but now they have the ability to catch and ban scammers which would lead us eventually to a scammer free community, not sure i understand your point

Closed Thread