Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Scammers

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Trade Scammers

Dear Settlers,

There has been an update to our Code of Conduct, stating "Public denouncement regarding cheating is not permitted whether it be multi accounting, trade scamming or any forbidden activity of that type and could result in a chat ban."

Therefore, all threads naming and shaming trade scammers have been taken down.

If you feel you have been scammed, please remember and follow the instructions listed below.

DO NOT name and shame the person in the game or on the forums.

Contact Support to report "scammers".

We do not condone any kind of scamming from players; however, before we can take action we must have evidence of the offense committed.

We will need:
    Undeniable screenshot evidence displaying the scam and any relating whispers with the offending player.

A detailed report sent to Support, documenting the date, time, players involved and full details of the trades. Please remember to also include the link to the screen shots if you chose to upload them. You can also choose to wait for the automated response to your support ticket (that you will receive on the mail you used to sign up) and attach the screen shots to your reply or you can just send a mail with all details to account.support@castleempireonline.com.

Scamming will result in a permanent game ban.

The punishment for scamming is a permanent game ban since we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to scamming. Make sure to always screen shot trades with players you do not know when they are made outside the Trade Office. However, please take into account that most TSO players are not out to scam you and sometimes people can go offline cause of internet issues, real life etc.

Please don't hesitate to contact me or the Support team if you have more questions in this regard.

Thank you,

BB_Rawren
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 01-23-14 at 07:01 am.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I think we need a definition of what a scam is, considering people will throw around the word scam without there being one

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Ok BB, im sure you know i am a trader so i will start by naming a few scams.

#1- Selling of Lootspot Scam. Someone advertises to sell a lootspot and posts the 1fish for the gc in TO and someone buys it and the seller does not give the lootspot.
    ex- (1 post 1 fish in TO for 700gc)- *in trade tab writes*- selling 1 vtv ls for 700gc, 1fish posted for the 700gc in TO. *fish sells for the gc and i do not invite the player who bought it to the ls*

#2- Swapping or buying baskets Scam- Someone advertises to buy or swap baskets or any type of buffs, the person who takes this seller up on the deal gives payment of dropping baskets or buffs on the sellers island and then the seller does not follow up on his side of the deal, buy either NOT sending the payment or not dropping buffs.

#3- Selling of Gifted Gem Items Scam- kind of like the Lootspot scam but instead this uses gem items AND both the seller and buyer could get scammed (though i guess it could go that way for any scam but this one is more popular to get scammed both ways.)
    ex: Gifting gem items, whisper. *someone whispers me, i figure out what they want and i tell them how the price, i post the 1 fish in TO for the amount of gc agreed on and they accept my trade and i do not follow through with payment OR i get a whisper and figure out what that player wants and i gift them the items first and they do not send or accept payment.
    -I have sold gems in the past, when i sell gems to someone who is not a friend or even close friend i will ALWAYS get payment first (i know i am not a scammer so i want to make sure i get paid before i send them gem items).

-Note- Someone who buys things for cheap (lower than market value) is not a scammer (and i am not just saying this becasue i buy low and sell high, becasue i do, but i am saying this because a scam is when one person does not follow through with their side of the deal.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Let me know if these are some of the scams that you are talking about BB, as well as any others i have not listed. Hope that^ helped
    -TH

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    and the excessive hoarding scam that is the worst!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    a scam is when one person does not follow through with their side of the deal.
    This is the simplest definition of a scam. If a person offers something on trade for x amount of money, you send them the money but they do not send you the item - that is a scam.

Of course, as noted above, sometimes real life does get in the way - the person has to step away from the computer or gets logged out or something. Always try to follow through with the person first if you think that you have been scammed. Give them the benefit of a doubt.

However, if they still refuse to give you what you have purchased, please do send in a ticket to Support. Keep in mind that screenshots, dates, times, and any other proof you have of a scam will be incredibly helpful for us.

As always, use your best judgement when dealing with people outside of the Trade Office.
    **Retired**

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Also whispering a member of their guild is a good idea, that often solves the problem before having to take action in sending in ticket, which is why i tihnk it is necessary that UBI re-implements seeing other guilds member list in the guild shield

World
    Zeus
    Will BB be telling us what prices we have to set next?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Not sure what you mean. You can set whatever prices you want.
    **Retired**

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    It's their game, dude. If they want to try & legislate behavior, it's their prerogative. You're always free to develop your own game & set it up to enable scams.

The only change that's happening here is that they've said stop trying to publicly shame people, (about time!). Scamming has always been against the CoC.

Closed Thread