Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Regarding the recent negativity in Ares

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    that's why i stay out of global 1 and stay in trade tab and guild chat. sad stuff like this happens.

World
    Zeus
    ditto
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    i feel like g-1 is mostly the people who dont know much about actual gameplay and mainly use TSO as a type of social network while trade mainly has the more "serious" type of players, just the other day we were talking about the change in the weak point potions in g-1 and how it affected several different aspects of the game and there were players who asked us to leave global lol.... i replied- "actual game-play talk in g-1?...OMG RUN AWAY!!!!!! SAVE YOURSELF!" its pretty ridiculous..... and sad.....

World
    Zeus
    It's AK

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    I've been reading through this thread often, trying to figure out a good way to make this more "official." This is such a good initiative and I would hate to see it die out due to lack of interest. That being said, I wanted to take some time to address some of the suggestions brought up in the thread.

Would be better if Zeus and Ares had sepreate forums
    Separating out the forums even further might fix some things, but overall, it would hinder the potential of both servers to address any lingering negativity or animosity. Plus, having to patrol two different server forums would make me cry.

Yea. I will agree with LordB. Global is usually bad. I tried chatting on there once and people are usually trolls. You don't really get serious answers a lot of time. The more helpful folks usually whisper to me the answers. It's hard sometimes to take anybody seriously in global.
    It's tough to police Global-1 because it is just that - a global chat. We don't want to condone an 'anything goes' atmosphere, but anything DOES go as long as it's acceptable and within the Code of Conduct. That being said, if anyone is severely disrupting chat, some ways to address the issue would be to report them to BB, ignore them or politely ask them to stop.

they need to make a second trade tab for the regular traders to talk (and not necessarily about trade but also strategy and small chat) with certain rules to follow so it doesnt become g-1.
    Pushing this suggestion through and getting an official new trade tab would be a bit of work, but there's no reason that the players can't use one of the other channels as an unofficial Trade chat or Guild Recruitment Chat. If you guys wanted to set this up, let me know.

First off i would like to be able to have password protected chatting, and by this i mean if say, myself and 10 other ppl want to go chat in another global others shouldnt be able to snoop on you without a password. We all need to get away sometimes and there are several ppl that still refuse to come back to global 1. Also the findfriend feature is nothing but trouble as my real friends know all they have to do is whisper and ask me where I am at so I think we should do away with that. Recently had issues with that feature that caused me to dramatically shorten my friend list.
    We will not be able to set up password protected chat or remove the findfriend feature at this time.

how do i explain this?

why do people like auctions? because they are fun, and help get players to know others they wouldn't usually know from global.

even though i have been on ares since october 2012, i feel i do not know many people there still. why not an event that helps players get to know others, while also having a blast, and is different from the typical "icebreakers" if you know what i mean.

trivia works, i think i am asking for more events between bbs and players, and/or more events between players and players
    I think this a great idea! However, I need help coming up with these events. Would any of you be willing to percolate on this idea and think of some fun player and BB events? Keep in mind that they would need to be realistic - they would need to take place in the chat tabs in-game, on our social media channels or in the forums. I am open to any ideas you guys have and would love to hear them.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Reply to Thread