Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Community Leader Nominations

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Community Leader Nominations

A few weeks ago, we announced the Community Leader program. After a few days of constructive discussion between players and the community management team, it was clear that there were several concerns that needed to be remedied. Therefore, we are opening nominations for the Community Leader program for both servers. The current Community Leaders will stay in place, but other players will be given the opportunity to join them.

To clarify, nominations are not a system of voting - it simply means that you can suggest a player as a candidate; the nominated player will still need to submit an application to express their own interest. The final decision will be made by The Settlers Online: Castle Empire team. The purpose of these nominations is to hear, directly from the community, who wants to be a Community Leader and who they think deserves the position.

Click here to go to the Ares CL nominations: Link
    Click here to go to the Zeus CL nominations: Link
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 02-03-14 at 08:16 am.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Important question here kinda...

Will the CL Players both Main and 2nd account on either Ares/Zeus be CL's.. .or are they just CL's to there main Server?

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Important question here kinda...

Will the CL Players both Main and 2nd account on either Ares/Zeus be CL's.. .or are they just CL's to there main Server?
    That's up to the CL. Our current CL's volunteered to be CL's on both servers, but if you'd like to maintain one account for "normal" gameplay, then that is okay too. However, you must be willing to become a CL on your main server.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    That's up to the CL. Our current CL's volunteered to be CL's on both servers, but if you'd like to maintain one account for "normal" gameplay, then that is okay too. However, you must be willing to become a CL on your main server.
    Ah. Okay. Thanks.

World
    Zeus
    How will you be communicating to the nominee by?? Messages on Forums, in-game or e-mail?

Good Citizen Award Recipient Shelleyley's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Now that nominations are over I would like to thank everyone who took the time to vote for me! I did not ask a single person to vote for me because I felt that if I was to be CL I shouldn't advertise that I wanted it but rather let the people vote for me because they know I am able to do it. For everyone who voted for me, thank you for the confidence in me, and good luck to the rest of the people who have also put in an application for CL.

-Shelleyley

World
    Ares
    Final Tally

ZEUS - Pie Charts, Nomination List and CL applications

Today's Tabulation Results

These charts reflect who the community has expressed to be their favorite candidates for the new community leader positions.
    I've created them to give this community a voice that's loud and clear on who they would like to see as their new CLs.
    All final decisions on who will fill these positions will be made by the BB community management team.

There is also a Full Player Nomination List, that can be found on the same spreadsheet.
    Useful for applicants who would like to see if someone they know has submitted a nomination yet and for people who've submitted nominations, to see if I've entered them correctly.

You can also find all applications by players wanting to become community leaders in the bottom tabs of the spreadsheet. I've included them here in a single list to help with any future nomination decisions.

Player Applications for Community Leader positions:
    Spoiler
    Click the player's name to go directly to their original application post.

Amurchen
    Spoiler
    What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    Zeus

How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    Always been helpful to new players, helping with basic resources and buffs. Also been auctionner in the begining, before new TO. Always been kind, good trader with fair trades.

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL?
    Help improve the game with community ideas and opinions.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    Sure but wouldn't be surprise anymore if I list them here... What about non-tradable super rare buildings (0.5% drop from VLT for example) that would produce specials units (magic unicorn, heavy cavalry ...)

What is the community's top requested feature for TSO?
    Fast travelling general for LS tagger maybe...

What has prepared you to be a community leader for The Settlers Online?
    Been playing for a while now, understand whats expected by players and by BB. Been handling some social media blog for small company too.

Evil_J
    Spoiler
    Zeus

My biggest contribution is my adventure guides with almost half a million views in this forum, also help people in the game with questions, tips, etc

Re-add everyone to the friends list

To improve the community not at the moment, just to improve the game itself

Little things to improve gameplay and reduce the daily boring routines, being the most important the capacity to train more than 25 troops in the barracks at a time

I know the game very well, i know the community, i know what the players want to be added to the game, i also administrate one of the most important community support sites (cempire.org)

FinderWyvernspur
    Spoiler
    I'm normally logged on everyday, very knowledgeable about the game(even made a guide for the 0 production quests), friendly, already have a skype account, and don't have any infractions that I'm aware of.

What is the primary server you play on?
    Zeus

Often in Help chat giving help to other players, created a guide for the 0 production quests forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/17502-Gio-s-guide-to-the-dreaded-0-production-quests (I used to be Giogini) and often correct other players when the ignore chat rules.

help the BBs

PVP

currently a guild leader (The Harpers) and was a guild leader on other games.

Lisa777
    Spoiler
    I only play on Zeus, this server has my full attention.

I have Ran my own guild (TDK) for a year now and helped players grow from level 1 to level 50. I take part in any server event, for example I was one of the highest number of balloon makers in the server contest. I also help answer questions in the trade tab as well as my guild tab on a daily basis for many hours.

I would like to thanks all that voted for me as the first thing to do. I also would like to commit myself to being online at least 4 hours a day to help other. ( most days I am here from 4-8 hours)

I run contests in my guild on a regular basis, but any of the contest I run can be applied to the server as a whole, such as a leveling contest with prizes to help lower level players. I also run buff contests where we choose a member and buff them while they are offline and whoever buffed the most in a certain amount of time wins a gem item or prize of some sort. I think we should have more events such as more stuff for valentines day like explorers find hearts ( like easter finding eggs),same as st.patty's day explorers find four leaf clovers and we can redeem them for gem items.

The top request I would says besides pvp would have to be to allow us to train larger amounts of men in the barracks at once instead of having to do it in lots of 25.

Being a guild leader has prepared me to be a CL, along with management positions in real life.

LordFisher
    Spoiler
    I play daily and I'm experienced and if I'm made CL I'll help the community more often!

Zeus

I generally do auctions and help new players and I recruit for guilds

I'd like to help more people if I'm a CL

I think we could organise lottos and things

PVP

I'm co-leader of a guild (NcW) so I have leadership skills

Mathilde64
    Spoiler
    I play exclusively on the Zeus server.

I am online practically every day, and am an active member of the guild to which I belong. I participate in discussions in the Help and Trade channels, and assist other players in their game, offering suggestions on everything from production to guides to use for adventures. I am an officer to my guild, and within that context, I am often called upon to craft announcements (as I am a wordsmith by trade).

I want to continue to do what I am already doing: being a help to other players who are struggling, listening to their concerns, and having fun with friends online!

I am full of ideas for future events, and would like to share those with BB to create a fun, and challenging, experience for players.

I am always hearing players say that they would like EWL production at lower levels, and also that it would be nice to train more than 25 troops at a time.

I've been playing for a couple years now, and have been part of the same guild for most of it. That being said, I have friend in other guilds, I participate (sometimes) in the auctions, and I always try to be encouraging and supportive of other players. I do run some of the test events, and try to offer constructive criticism to any problems I may experience. I am able to listen to criticism and not take it personally - listening to what is at the root of the problem - and distill it into something that can be acted upon.

Matrix_Kahn
    Spoiler

Zeus

I have long helped/or not helped out depending on how you view opinions in the Help, Global and Trade tabs. I have not missed a day of logging in since I started playing except for the Server Incident a while back.

I generally know most everyone and have a good grasp of the game from a HOARDing stance. I also have crates for anyone who votes for me

Re-add everyone to my FL so they can see my green dot and know I am online.

Not currently.

More troops than 25 at a time, PVP, and stacking buffs. Oh and more EOTW adventure competitions.

I would say playing for as long as I have has prepared me. I know the ins and outs of almost anything related to this game.

melorr
    Spoiler
    I have an acct on both servers but zeus is my primary acct.

I mainly help new players with resources, links and answering any questions they have.

Write my name in green, lol.

Not sure if it is a feasible idea but a puzzle/word search contest might be nice for a change. I asked MrGrimm if he could suggest to the devs a flag for each player to display their nationality and for the ability to post notes under a friends avatar.

It would be a toss up between PVP and the ability to have more space to build (either more floating buildings, blowing up buildings or getting rid of trees stumps).

Playing here for two years and helping and learning the game from more seasoned players.

RigidNubs
    Spoiler
    I have an active Skype account and have the ability and legal capacity to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I also have no infractions on my account and I play almost all waking hours of the day during the week and many hours on the weekend.

I have played on the Zeus Server for about one and a half years.

I have been in the help tab and try to answer any questions I can (if they have not been answered already by the few other people that tend to be in there as well) and I have helped out many new people who have joined our guild learn how to play and grow.

The first thing I would like to try and do is be as helpful as possible in any way possible as a community leader but would also like to bridge the communication gap that seems to exist between BB’s and players in the community. From what I can tell and from asking around, the gap in communication tends to be one of the top complaints in forums and the chat tabs, closely followed by boredom. I think a monthly town hall meeting with BB’s and community leaders would be a great start.

The best thing I believe that would improve the community would be closing the communication gap with a monthly town hall meeting in the forums or chat tabs. I think overall the community has plenty of events and contests that occur on a fairly regular basis but the main complaint is that the winnings do not make them really worth doing. The costs of some of the events and contests are not equivalent to the loot received but I think with an update to the loot received it would greatly enhance all contests and events. The Christmas event was appreciated by everyone and I did not hear any complaints about it so if we could mimic this event every time all events would be successful. An Olympic event would be great but it is too late to begin that this year.

In our own guild we do Friday Night Trivia, a lottery, scavenger hunts, and other games combining those three that help to keep us a tight nit group who really enjoy playing the game and it would be great to be able to expand these games to the whole community if possible.

This is a tough one because I have seen a lot of requests for the following ideas: PvP, build more than 25 troops at a time in the barracks, stack like items in the star menu, a command post to house all generals and send selected ones to adventures in one click, a guild bank where resources can be deposited and withdrawn, more island space (rock, tree, and shrub removal buffs), and unlimited floating residences. I would have to say build more than 25 troops at a time would take the cake outside of PvP closely followed by stacking items in the star menu.

I believe there are multiple things that have prepared me to be a community leader to include: playing TSO for over one and a half years, being a leader and helpful hand in our guild, being a non-commissioned officer (NCO) (sergeant) in the Marine Corps, a firefighter who served many community needs, and being a forum moderator and leader in other online games like TSO. I think having all this experience would help me be a good community leader and would help me to differentiate when it is time to be a community leader and when it is time to be a guild mate or friend in the game. When you establish a friendship or relationship of any kind there will always come a time in which one of those relationships will challenge your leadership role and you need to have the ability to stand up as the leader you have been selected to be and put your relationship to the side to make the right decision or give the correct guidance. I have this ability through all of my experience and I think a good community leader needs this kind of experience and leadership ability.

RomanGodCamper
    Spoiler

I play on the Zeus Server

I've been in the help tab for couple of years Helping people out with Questions or Problems they come across when playing. I'm also very knowledgeable about the game and know 95% of everything.

I wanted to Improve the Communication between the BB's and Players. So that way the players don't miss out on anything and they are well aware on what is happening and when its happening so that way there is no confusion or misunderstanding.

At this given time, I do not. I do want to plan Events/Contests with the BB's in the future time that can get the players excited and do them besides the other events that we already have with the Easter, Halloween and Christmas ones.

This one is a toss up I'd have to say. I believe it would have to be able to train more then 25 Troops at a time in the barracks.

I've been playing Sense August 2011 with helping people with Questions and to help them play the game if needed.

Shelleyley
    Spoiler
    • Zeus

• I have contributed to the community in several ways, but the one way I would like to share is the auctions I host weekly for the community. I offer a way for people to beable to congregate and enjoy casual sales of their items through an auction-esk environment. I am proud to say my auctions are well known by a large part of the community, and what I do is purly because I want to help people, I do not ask for anything in return, ever. I have ever record of every auction I have ran in a spreadsheet since 07/14/2013, but I have been auctioning much longer then that, that is simply when I began keeping records.

• First thing I want to do as a community leader is sit back, smile, and tell myself, "Wow, Shell. You did it". But of course after that, would be to work harder to be an asset to the community, become more of a helpful person in anyway possible, be it lurking in help tab and giving advice/assistance or continue to better my auctions that so many people look forward too.

Oh, I am always shooting ideas to my guildmates on what would be a nice addition to the game. However to this day I haven't really mentioned them to any higher ups. Here is a few I have brainstormed before -
    • A button in the mailbox that allows you to send a single mail to all your friendslist.
    • A unlimited slidebar for meat/fish deposits (comes with a warning before you can add it in the provisions with how long the deposit is going to take)
    • Stacks of up to 100 on baskets for more organization within the star menu.
    • A button in the star menu that allows you to "stack" like items. So if you have 50 sons of the velds you click "stack" and it becomes a stack of 50 SOTV.

As far as actual events/contests I have nothing yet, not on a server wide basis. That would take a lot of hard work/brainstorming but its not impossible. I do however always have feedback and ideas towards our holiday events that I wouldn't mind sharing when the times come.

• From what I have seen in the forums the most top requested is to be able to make more then just 25 troops at a time in the barracks.

• During my year+ on the game I have grown from a small level 1 to a level 50 player who already strives to be as helpful as possible in the game. I feel that I am ready/able to be even more then what I already am, and help a much larger pool of people within the game versus the people I already help now.

- Shelleyley

Shy_Lady
    Spoiler
    Zeus

I have given feedback on issues and even started a thread to thank the BBs for all they do. I actively play on test and give feedback. I also use test to update my Guild on things coming and get their feedback. I answer questions in Help. I interact in Trade and have made great friends on invites for Advs.

Listen and learn. See what others needs/wants are, and present them to the 'powers that be' to change/update features as suggested.

Able to have competitions between Guilds, a Leader/Officer area to share ideas. New ideas of where to go after reaching 50.

More room on the islands. Implement the rock blaster feature, Ability to choose to build more then 25 troops at a time, and also to change the order (same as in buildings), to move a certain troop type to the top. Also the same feature in the PH. If a quest comes in...you can add that build and then be able to move that to the top to finish...as in a Guild Quest. This would allow players to finish quests and needs without having to delete all the is qued up already.

I have recently achieved level 50. I have been an officer in 2 Guilds now and I feel I listed to what the needs are. I do contests for our Guild members. I look for ways to keep the game fun. Active chat is very importing. By being active in Test, I think I am on top of what is going on, and able to present these changes to my guild and given the chance, to teach others what the new features are and how to get the most out of your game. My most recent contest for our Guild, was to use our own Guild Forum and post pics they sent to me and let them guess who was who. Pay it forward is the only way to play the game. Help out others and they will help others when they are able to.

SplatterGod
    Spoiler

Zeus. I tried Ares once (we can thank The Great Rollback of 2012 for this) but found they all played like noobs... easy to take advantage of though with noob-targeted trades, much like Smitey posts on Zeus.

I regularly call out BBs for being arrogant and one-sided, remind EpsiLoon to take his meds when he's losing it in a global chat again, and snatch up failed trade attempts before players have a chance to realize their fail (best way for them to learn their lessons).

Make G-5 the new G-1.... since I have no G-1.

Lots of ideas... like new buildings that do the same things as old buildings, make a new font color for those who change their names to hide from their past, and ideas for events that don't suck. Oh, and a new program of spies deployed in-game to instigate and interrogate on behalf of the BBs.

Well if you're asking me then you should probably be fired for not listening.... but it has a P, a V and another P in the name. Oh, and another is to actually release code that isn't riddled with bugs... that would be nice for a change.

Hello?!!! Have you not been reading my responses? I'm clearly in touch with the community, and the BBs all love me like their own dad (since most of those noobs are young enough to be my kid).

St_Michael
    Spoiler
    I play on the Zeus server.

How have you contributed to the community? Give examples.
    I have played the game for going on almost three years now. I started out in AK (Alpha Knights) and learned from some of the trailblazers of TSO. Players like Wallstreet, emahs2, V4, Sargon and other top players who helped forge the game to what we know it as today. Players who cared the path the game would take and who cared about each other. Over my time playing the game, I developed a similar mentality for the game as was taught to me by these giants of the game. When I am able, I always try to help all players by sharing my knowledge of the game. Also, I have helped many people (in guild and out) with resources, buffs, and more so they can better enjoy the game as they strive to reach their next level. I try to be a peace maker when other players have differences or got into disputes. When the bully’s in the game rear their ugly heads, I try to defuse the situation as best I can. Most times it meant taking the person being bullied to whisper to talk and try to keep them from quitting the game. Over a year ago, I started a guild for those that wanted to have fun and play with friends who truly care.

After introducing myself to the community, I would let all know that I am there to help, serve and be a facilitator (if the situation calls for it) for them. Confusion is one of the biggest problems in the game. It creates disharmony and friction. A CL that can communicate to all (not just some or to their buddies/cliche) will be a tremendous asset to the game. I believe that I will be that kind of asset for TSO.

What is the community’s top requested feature for TSO?
    There are many new features that I have heard discussed. One that I hear mentioned most is if BB could add a slider feature for everything we train, make, mine, sell, find and loot while making everything stackable in all storage areas (including the Star). Saves, time, space and clicks and makes players happier.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events,contests, etc.)
    Communication, communication, communication. This being said, a couple thoughts. A weekly BB newspaper (maybe on every Sunday), filled with facts, events and upcoming attractions. It could be posted on the sign in page and/or sent to guild leaders to send out to all members. Town Hall meetings, at least 2x a month held in global room(s) or the forum with a high lvl Mod or developer (or both). An 800 number that players can call for weekly info (don’t know if this would be cost effective but it’s a thought). Improve the mail system, make it user friendly for all. The current mail system barely gets mail out to guild members, it cannot be archived and is rarely used to mail someone outside your guild. Keep looking for any vehicle to communicate information that keeps the players updated, satisfied and in the loop of the current and future direction of the game.

What has prepared you to be a community leader for the Settlers Online?
    I have played and enjoyed the game since October, 2011. I have been taught by some of the best in the game and always pass that knowledge (new and old) along to all. I have been a guild founder/leader since September, 2012 and a long with help from my officers run a friendly, helpful and enjoyable guild. As a retired police officer, I have been trained to be “thick skinned”, to think quickly, to process information in a precise clear manner and to serve the community. Qualities that you never lose and that are permanently ingrained in your being. I have a current working Skype account and have the legal capacity to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I have never had any infractions on my account and because I am retired and a guild leader, I play the game several hours a day. Last but certainly not least, I care about TSO and all who play it !

Thank you for letting me apply and for taking the time to look over my application.

TwoCents
    Spoiler
    Zeus

Yes I contribute in many ways, I posted many of the pro tips and did make the drawing to win a few gems in June 2013

Give positive guidance to the community.

Yes, I would do what the great people already do, promote happiness and friendship in the game. Everyone like to see their name in different colors now they can see it in dark green if I am elected

If its not PVP then its a lie!

Many highs and lows... I am well rounded now and have made mistakes and learned from them. I don't cross the lines but I feel i know where the edge is and when to let folks know where that is. I have noone on my iggy list anymore I like everyone on Zues but I do have opinions that do differ from main stream alot, but I dont hold others down to the norm either. I do not think I am the best person for a CL I am just the best one out of who will take the job

If you change anything in your application posts please let me know. These are not directly tied to your posts and will not automatically get edited.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ARES - Pie Charts, Nomination List and CL applications

Today's Tabulation Results

These charts reflect who the community has expressed to be their favorite candidates for the new community leader positions.
    I've created them to give this community a voice that's loud and clear on who they would like to see as their new CLs.
    All final decisions on who will fill these positions will be made by the BB community management team.

There is also a Full Player Nomination List, that can be found on the same spreadsheet.
    Useful for applicants who would like to see if someone they know has submitted a nomination yet and for people who've submitted nominations, to see if I've entered them correctly.

You can also find all applications by players wanting to become community leaders in the bottom tabs of the spreadsheet. I've included them here in a single list to help with any future nomination decisions.

Player Applications for Community Leader positions:
    Spoiler
    Click the player's name to go directly to their original application post.

AngelBuns
    Spoiler
    I play Ares server only

How have you contributed to the community? 
    I often talk to BB's about ideas and also issues i have found, play test server sometime, am on often, and LOVE this game, also post in forums

I want to get ideas from the ppl I play with to submit to BB for consideration to add to the game or fix. Many players have good ideas and dont know how to let UBI know.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? 
    I think more trivia would be fun we all enjoy that I would have to talk to others and get their input for contests etc. 

MORE ROOM on the island is top requested

I love the community and am often seen in one or more tabs..often have whispered help questions as well and know alot of ppl here.

aurboth
    Spoiler
    My primary server is Ares (Realm 2). I also maintain an account on the Test Server.

I have been an active player for the past 12 months. As such, I have spent much of my free time in game monitoring and providing assistance in the Help Channel. I spend time in Global-1, although I am there more commonly at off-peak times due to the peak in Help volume at similar times. In addition, I am also active on the test server, working on ideas that have the potential to someday transition to our server. As both a guild officer and as someone in the help channel, I have helped people gain a greater understanding of the game, to help supply them with what they need to become better players and community members. While I would not say that I constantly post to the forum, I do attempt to make solid contributions there as well. 

I feel the best thing that I can do first is use the information available to me in this new role to attempt to convey the problems and ideas our server sees as important. Understanding what is planned for the server and how our needs and wants are being addressed is something that all the players seem to desire, even if they only have a specific desire in mind. It would even be helpful to determine if other servers are seeing similar problems and share what we can to make the players' desires communicated with the responsible designers.

The best way to improve a community is to bring people together within it. The trivia games are good method, but the specific time reduces the accessibility to many active players. While we are the designated US Server, sharing with other great countries with the same time zones, the people and game-flow changes throughout the day and night. Activities should vary more to include more of the entire community, not just the prime time players. Guilds are an important part of the community, and we should be recognizing them as a resource for players. Independent players are just as important a part and need to know that the game is meant to be enjoyed by them as well.

Anyone who has played for any length of time or visited the forum more than once will pick up the perpetual issues of Player vs. Player combat and the lack of island space, followed the general issue of improving the control over the creation and delegation of troops. However, in all honesty, these issues are not what will drive away people who are already playing the game. More than all of these, the most common thing requested by the community is information. The lack of clear information is likely one of the most frustrating things for the players, whether it be a reason for a change in game functionality, a clear message of etiquette from the moderators, or a timeline for changes already advertised. The failure of communication has already been seen in the initial implementation of the Community Leader/Liaison program, which was much more divisive than our game requests.

Besides what I have already mentioned above, I would start with that I have over twenty years of experience playing MMORPG’s. I have served in leadership positions for large guild-equivalent groups in several games. In addition, one of my degrees is in computers, and have worked previously in teaching computers and basic coding, as well as tutoring in a variety of math/science subjects. I also have a degree in business, which gives me a different perspective of the economy aspects of the game as well as some of the realities of balancing business and coding issue.

Deano1978
    Spoiler
    Ares

Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through trade and help with auctions as well

I want to unite this server to a common goal of unity

what we need is a daily giveaway not just a trivia event once a week.. also we need to encourage BB presence in global by asking the questions members dont want or just are scared to ask

More Island space

I play 18 hrs a day and I live and love my TSO family. this isnt just a game this is a way of life. if you not a addicted to this game and love to play this game then being a community leader you are not. I want to help push unity.. a family happy place

DestuctorNate
    Spoiler
    I Play on Area only for the time being...

I am constantly helping others and looking for items on the TO that I know are for quest's requiring you to sell certain items for a reasonable price when I can afford it. I do tend to help others in the help tab when I can. I am almost always giving to others in some way weather it be friends or guild members, even if it might hinder my progression.

I want to assist others in making the game as good and glitch free as possible to obtain a better gaming experience for all!!

I have a few ideas, some involve in game chat contests and games, mini events beside the given holiday events already in place. possibly adventure contests for given lvl ranges for prizes.

More space is the top requested feature within TSO for the higher levels, for the lower levels the chance for obtaining more gems for a cheaper price to assist in advancement.

I have been guild leader or officer of various games like this game and different from it. Because of this I have a well rounded knowledge of what could be implements without throwing the game off balance to make it too hard or too easy.

Greek_Spartan
    Spoiler
    Ares

Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through auctions in which I am auctioneer and help many people out there.

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community

"When i introduced auction, it was an idea I got from Zeus, and is a real hit right now.
    If not an auction, then maybe an event, that sort of works like it, in which players help players, and have fun doing it, however different then what is already in place."

More Island space.

"My constant help in TSO in general, whether it be on forums or in-game.
    I have played on Ares since October 2012 and have got to know and like a lot of people there.
    My main contribution is helping on help tab, which I love to do."

Khamuul
    Spoiler
    I play on Ares

I have been active within the game's help tab since I started back in August 2012

I want to help improve communication between BB and the players, as well as help do my part to keep chat friendly for all.

I feel the first step to improving the community would be to increase the communication between BB and the player base, and to have more clearly defined rules.

The most frequently requested ideas I've seen have been player versus player, and more space on the home island.

I've been playing since August of 2012 and have spent my time memorizing everything I could about the game, or memorizing locations to find information for commonly asked questions. I have spent the majority of my time in the help tab answering what questions I could, and since I started playing I have only missed one day online due to a total lack of internet access.

KirkMac
    Spoiler
    Ares.

The Help tab is a wonderful place. I tend to dwell there when on-line and attempt to provide the support and guidance that newer players need. I remain firmly in the "teach a man to fish" camp. Rather than just tell someone to buff their cutters, I'll explain what the quest intends along with better, longer term solutions.

"Do some very mild bragging... perhaps a private little strut? =)
    The second thing would be to collect those niggling little issues that have bothered us for so long and seek answers."

There are a few percolating around in my head. I have a fondness for educational trivia and challenges.

An expansion of the combat system.

Life experience, job responsibilities and a similar position, though in a smaller game.

MorgantheJoker
    Spoiler
    Ares

I contribute to the community by leading a Guild, The Risen Phoenix, spending a lot of time in trade channel and helping bring people together and help getting an auctions together. I also quite often play on the TSO so that any new things that might be in the works or getting ready to go live on our server i can help get the needed information out that people are looking for and share my knowledge and opinions with them about the new things and changes coming

I would like to be able to see and discuss what BB has in store, game play and setup wise six months and more down the road planning wise so that i would be able to bring these thoughts and idea to the community discuss them with people get their feed back and help bb implement the best features and improvements planned that the community wants as a whole. Not everyone every time will see eye to eye but taking in the big picture will help retain new and seasoned players alike.

I would like to see some events/contests where on a server level (ie ares zeus ect)... that we could have some contest that involves guilds more as a team against each other, big or small, with tasks and common goals for your guild to reach levels and points and compete against other guilds.. Some guilds may have 100 people some may have 20, but strength isn't always in number. its in the cooperation and helpfulness each member of a guild brings to the table. So Guild Games as i would put it could have some guilds working together and others working against.

In my opinion the new ways to free up land space is at the top of many people "I want THAT" list. I will say in the last 6-8 months there has been a lot of great improvements and features filtering down from TSO that are keeping things fresh and exciting for both new and seasoned players versus the changes over a year ago that used to be so slow to finally get down to the game.

At my work in a factory making automobiles, i am a team leader with many of the same duties you are looking for in a CL. I've been doing it for almost 13 years now and bridging the gap between co-workers and management is tricky sometimes. Not every one agrees always but finding a way to navigate through the general complainers and ones who have legitimate complaints is a skill i have learned over time and think it is one of many tools i posses that would make me a great community leader.

Nathan_Luo
    Spoiler
    I would appreciate consideration as a Community Leader; I strongly support what the community leaders are all about and would love to be of assistance in this manner.

Ares

I am extremely involved on a daily basis in trade chat, offering TO deals, and in the loot spot community, selling and buying. I also enjoy helping new players, reaching out to them, offering them guild involvement, answering questions and providing resources and advice. I am extremely active in the guild I serve in and am a promoted leader in it. I also enjoy positive communication and like to help keep trade chat peaceable and direct discussions back toward trade and civility! I also try to submit regular suggestions, especially during events, and give feedback after events to help improve game play. I love the game, plan to be around for a long time, and would love to find ways to be more involved - community leadership might just be that opportunity.

Introduce rubber duckies as a tradeable item. However, as that might be a "long term" goal, my first interactions as a CL would be to diversify the chat rooms I'm involved in to get a better feel for what everyone needs and wants from the game! Communication is key, and being seen is key to sparking communication. I love the idea of community leaders and wish a lot more programs, games and providers of any product/service would consider getting actual consumers involved in giving feedback and interfacing with their target audiences!

I have LOTS of ideas to improve the community. I love the community already - I'm not applying because I think what we have is broken. I love what the game is and have vision for what the game could become. Not an event goes by that I don't think, "Huh, we probably could have added this! We could have tweaked this! I wonder if it would have gone better if we had applied this? Maybe next year we can do this!" I'm also creative when it comes to contests and opportunities. Our guild has everything from "player of the month" to daily buff days where a different player is targeted to receive surprise random buffs all day long. We also have a guild community pot during events (players who get their pumpkins early and buy everything they want quick can then help lower level players!) and we do the same in-guild with guild coins every time the market items are changed out. I'm an organizer and a brainstormer, which I daresay are great values for a community leader!

Great question. As our server ages (more and more upper level players), more and more requests are being made to help spice up the game (let's to player verse player! we need more levels! we need new items for level 50 players!) and let advanced players continue growing (more island space, items that make more of the map usable like floating residences, buildings that help you eliminate smaller ones like friaries). I feel all of these improvements, some already realized and many more in the works, help keep upper level players from quitting (aids in player retentions) yet also helps give newer players assurance that there's always something new to shoot for in Settler's!

I am a leader in real life. It's a passion of mine from an early age. I became an Eagle Scout, started a mentoring program for our 200+ volunteers at my local zoo which I now teach annually, and work as a new employee trainer at a private security firm (my career). I have learned valuable skills along the way about communication, empathy, creativity, commitment and how to pull people together with inspiration and perspiration. Teamwork makes everything better and I've been honored to lead dozens of teams in all aspects of life over the years. Thanks for your consideration - chosen or not, I know all nominees will continue with their regular involvement in the game, playing and improving as we go!

Richard_Cranium
    Spoiler
    Please allow me to preface this application with a comment. I shall attempt brevity, but rarely accomplish it!

When it was announced that additional Community Leaders for Ares would be selected, I immediately knew the names I would nominate. The choices, to me, were obvious. What I did not expect, was my name to be listed. I was approached when this topic was released by AngelBuns asking if I wanted to be nominated. My response was quite definitive . . . let me get back to you on that!

The position is for "Community" leaders. It is hard to fulfill that aspect without first knowing what the community wants/thinks. So I sought out the opinion of as many other members of the community as I could to ascertain if I was a possible 'fit' in this. To this end, I respectfully submit the following:

Ares. I started here almost a year ago, my 'home' is here.

Over the time I have been playing, I have attempted to offer assistance when/where I can. Be it in Global, Help, Guild Chat, or whisper, I try to make myself available to anyone who may find my assistance beneficial.

When reviewing the application process, this question gave me the most to think about. What I may personally think is the obvious answer may not align with what others expect from this process. As such, the 'first' thing I would approach is a continuation of dialogue seeking out what the players want/expect from their Community Leaders. Establish the communications links in Global, Help (etc.), that are needed to enable this program to effectively offer a valuable addition to both the player, and BB/Ubi.

The "Ask a BB anything" in global is quite popular, and I would like to see that extended to cover more time zones. Trivia also engages many players not usually seen in Global, so additional contests open to a wide audience at various times of the day/week could prove to be beneficial.

I shall echo previous comments - MORE ROOM is something that I see discussed across all forms of chat here. 

One thing I have learned over the years is that no one person has all the answers. As such, I have tried to obtain at least a basic understanding of the many ways different people play this game. By looking towards others, it has allowed me to be prepared for a much broader range of applications taken to possible questions/concerns individuals seek assistance with, and a better understanding of what they want to achieve.

In closing, I want to thank everyone that has nominated me. The fact that YOU have enough faith that I could fulfill this position means a lot. Regardless of the outcome, I shall always remember this, and endeavor to remain worthy of such respect.

Regards

Richard Taylor
    a.k.a. Richard_Cranium

Runemaker
    Spoiler
    Ares only.

I've been playing since Nov of 2012. I spend most of my time in help chat explaining the game to new players and old. I have many links to websites that offer content to help explain the game.

Find out what is expected of me, and what BB is planning for the future of Settlers.

I think trivia should be held a few different times a week, since we do have players from all over the world.

More space on the island. We were all excited about the dynamite concept!

Being an active player for 14 months.

Spikescopilot
    Spoiler
    Ares

I spend time in the Help tab answering questions, and I've tried to maintain T-L as a "Teaching Guild" to help the newer players learn the ropes. (But I certainly can't take credit for all of the programs we're running in-guild; my officers are awesome.)

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community.

In our guild the higher-level players sometimes host impromptu trivia nights and giveaways. It goes over really well in the guild, I think we could potentially expand that to get more of the community being active in productive chat. I think we could also run some contests on the forums to get Ares players more active here (for the most part, the forums are dominated by Zeus.)

More island space, and more parity in production lines and upgrade costs/benefits.

I've been playing on the Ares server since October of 2012, I am active on the test server (getting sneak previews of changes to help guild members be successful in events), and I try to maintain active relationships with members and officers of other guilds in order to keep the overall community connected. I help out on the help tab, and try to help on the forums as well.

Springer_Prime
    Spoiler
    Ares

I am a Senior administrator for one of the largest guilds on the server. TNT. I pop in and answer questions in the help Tab from time to time. Out entire guild is based upon the idea of helping one another. I've brought up issues from members to the BB staff on occasions. I have been doing this for the last 10 months. March will be my 1 year anniversary of playing the game. 

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL:
     Let everyone know that their legitimate problems /issues would be heard and responded to. The prevailing attitude is that players are ignored. I would love to change this attitude.

yes, 1) friends/ guild mates who visit your island can click on collectibles. I think you should get one per collectible you find while your friend/ guild mate gets the full allotment. This will increase visits to other islands and contribute to interplay between players and increase the fun!

The science package for Generals has not been released yet, nor has the program to clear up unused space on islands. These are the features I've heard constantly people asking for. *points outside to see the flaming torches and pitch forks outside my Castle walls as evidence.*

I work daily as a volunteer real life. Im trained in leadership and how to deal with various situations within the infrastructure I am given to work in. I've played the game with love for almost a year now. Being an Admin/ Senor Admin in one of the largest guilds on Ares have given me daily experience in helping people and problem solving, as well as conflict resolution.

Yarrah
    Spoiler
    I primarily play on Ares, but do hop over to the TSO test server from time to time as well

You don't see me in Global chat very often, but I tend to answer questions in the Help tab and occasionally the random trade question in the trade tab. I tend to help people in the background when I see them getting lost in conversations in the tabs, be it with an answer to a question, resources, or island help (i.e. buffs, building placements).

Open communication up between players and the BB team, it too often seems that there isn't someone around when you need them.

I think more opportunities for players to win items you can only obtain with gems would be nice with an event. I would also like to see more server co-op events, but with prizes that make the event worth while.

I see a lot of requests for PvP, and better guild market items.

I enjoy helping others, whether it be someone to just listen to your occasional rants, or helping solve a problem they may be having in game. I may not always have an answer right at that moment, but I'm not afraid to look for it or ask someone that can answer it. I've often helped friends in game get answers from support when they weren't getting anywhere or didn't know how or what to ask. I'm not afraid of a challenge and I love being able to meet people all around the world. I like to think I'm a fair person, and have a tough skin when it comes to dealing with problems when they arise.
    If you change anything in your application posts please let me know. These are not directly tied to your posts and will not automatically get edited.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    FINALLY IT'S OVER
    ALL HAIL THE WINNERS
    lol

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Not that it matters because i see my name under the applicants list, I am not included in the final pie chart with my %. Im sure it was an oversight and thanks Aquila for all your hard work keeping things nice and neat and easy to understand and look at!!!!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by MorgantheJoker View Post
    Not that it matters because i see my name under the applicants list, I am not included in the final pie chart with my %. Im sure it was an oversight and thanks Aquila for all your hard work keeping things nice and neat and easy to understand and look at!!!!
    Thank you for letting me know.
    I had forgotten to add it to the calculation list when I added your application.

It does matter a lot to me
    Especially for someone with OCD lol

Reply to Thread