Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ares Community Leaders Open Nominations

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Seconded: Greek_Spartan, Angelbuns, Runemaker, and Depluke.

World
    Ares
    I would like to nominate Khamuul and Greek_Spartan

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I would like to apply to become a CL.

What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    Ares

How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through auctions in which I am auctioneer and help many people out there.

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL?
    Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    When i introduced auction, it was an idea I got from Zeus, and is a real hit right now.
    If not an auction, then maybe an event, that sort of works like it, in which players help players, and have fun doing it, however different then what is already in place.

What is the community's top requested feature for TSO?
    More Island space.

What has prepared you to be a community leader for The Settlers Online?
    My constant help in TSO in general, whether it be on forums or in-game.
    I have played on Ares since October 2012 and have got to know and like a lot of people there.
    My main contribution is helping on help tab, which I love to do.

I also nominate Khamuul for similar reasons as myself.

World
    Ares
    I nominate Greek_Spartan, Khamuul, Richard_Cranium, Aurboth, and Ceruhe. I am probably missing some people that I think would be good candidates. However, I always see each of these individuals answering questions in help and doing so in a respectful and informative manner. I know that if any of these individuals are in help, people are in good hands and so I will often refrain from helping out so as to not cause any unnecessary confusion by too many helping hands. There are so many wonderful people that give their time to the help tab and it would be a shame to not honor them all, but I'd hate to miss anyone by attempting to name them all. Keep up the good work! It is noted and appreciated and valued by those of us in the community.

World
    Ares
    Of those I've seen consistently helping Khamuul, Richard_Cranium and Runemaker are top of the list
    but that's not to discount those in the Helps Guild such as Winesinger, Hanlonshadowleaf and Cerhue.
    The Helps guild does it as a matter of course so another great candidate is Greek_Spartan.

Any of these above don't just know what they are doing but can actually help the player get it
    and take the time to do so
    "I am who I am and that's all that I am"
    famous sailor

Teach a man to fish and he "borrows" all your gear. Sell a man a fish and he's the one who gets the witch tower

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like to vote for Khamuul

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I want to take this opportunity to shout out to all the people in Help tab who tirelessly answer the same repetitive questions with patience, wisdom and humor. I know they must love the game and the community for them to dedicate hour after hour helping those who may need help and guidance. They are truly the unsung heroes of this game and had it not been for that group of dedicated helpers, this game would probably have a few less players who gave up out of frustration, myself included.
    And unlike the Nobel Peace Prize, since I am unable to nominate an entire group, I will name a few that I've had personal contact with whom I think would contribute to fostering a better and stronger Settlers community. In no particular order:

Runemaker
    Richard_Cranium
    aurboth
    AngelBuns
    Faith_4
    Greek_Spartan
    Drischavrel

Pls know that even if you don't go on to become CLs, you have my respect and gratitude for all that you do.

Cheers, ROKSettler

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like to nominate khamuul and greek_spartan aswell both are on just about everyday and both are extremely knowledgable and polite in helping other players and very sociable and easy to approach if any help is needed

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post

• A good attitude
    • A history of being knowledgeable, helpful, kind or generous in game-or in the forums
    • A moderate to high level of in-game activity (players must be playing the game for 6 months or longer to be considered)
    • No infractions on the account – in-game or in the forums. * (Players with infractions that are a year or older can still apply. The BB team will investigate the situation and determine your candidacy)
    • The ability to communicate information clearly
    • Have a current Skype account or ability to create one
    • Have the legal capacity to sign a valid Non Disclosure Agreement
    • Tough skin - Community Leaders are respected in the community, but be prepared - our community have strong opinions and ask tough questions!
    • Willingness to be more public-facing. Players will notice you and seek you out - you do have green font, after all!

Having a legal capacity to sign a valid Non Disclosure Agreement - Does this mean that the CL will need to be over the age of 18? Not sure what the legal requirements are of such an agreement, so figured I would ask.

CL_immaduck
    I have been on Ares for sometime now and i see Greek_Spartan as a very helpful player. He is a team player who stood up for us when we were being bashed by others. He has my vote to become a CL

Closed Thread