Thread: Ares Community Leaders Open Nominations

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Ares Community Leaders Open Nominations

Requirements
    Application
    Commonly Asked Questions

A few weeks ago, we announced the Community Leader program. After a few days of constructive discussion between players and the community management team, it was clear that there were several concerns that needed to be remedied. Therefore, we are opening nominations for the Community Leader program for both servers. The current Community Leaders will stay in place, but other players will be given the opportunity to join them.

From Feb. 3rd – 28th, we will be holding open nominations for the Community Leader program. It is an open nomination program, which means that you can nominate yourself or any other player you think might be a fit for the role.

Note: Replies to this thread should concern questions about the program, applications or nominations of players. All other posts will be removed to preserve clarity and function of the thread. If you do not agree with the nomination of a CL, this is not the place to express your concerns. Any posts disparaging another player or voting for someone to not become a CL will be removed. Any further concerns or comments should be directed via a Private Message to BB_Rawren.

Requirements
    • A good attitude
    • A history of being knowledgeable, helpful, kind or generous in game-or in the forums
    • A moderate to high level of in-game activity (players must be playing the game for 6 months or longer to be considered)
    • No infractions on the account – in-game or in the forums. * (Players with infractions that are a year or older can still apply. The BB team will investigate the situation and determine your candidacy)
    • The ability to communicate information clearly
    • Have a current Skype account or ability to create one
    • Have the legal capacity to sign a valid Non Disclosure Agreement
    • Tough skin - Community Leaders are respected in the community, but be prepared - our community have strong opinions and ask tough questions!
    • Willingness to be more public-facing. Players will notice you and seek you out - you do have green font, after all!

So, you know someone who you think would be a great CL?

That’s great! Nominate them here. Keep in mind: if you are nominating someone else, that person must fill out an application to express their own interest. Even though might think someone is perfect for the job, that person might have a different opinion. So, if you are nominating someone else, let them know about the program and that they need to fill out an application in order to be formally considered for the program.

So you want to be a CL?

Don’t be shy! If you think you’re a good fit, don’t wait for someone else to nominate you. To nominate yourself, simply fill out the application and post it in the forums.

Commonly Asked Questions

I want to send you my application via PM and not through the forums, can I do that?

No. We decided to require the application in the forum post because Community Leader's are public-facing positions and will require the player to be comfortable within our community. CL's should be willing and able to take place in fun community activities, such as our Trading Cards and AMA. Additionally, we want the nomination and application process to be as transparent as possible. We want the community to be know what is happening every step of the way.

What are Community Leaders?

There's more information on the program here: Link. In summary:

A Community Leader is an outstanding member of the community that is active, helpful and knowledgeable. Community Leaders are not exempt from the rules and are held to the same standards as all other players.

A Community Leader is a helping hand. They provide guidance to players and direct them to helpful guides and support tools. Community Leaders are not moderators. They do not have the ability to perform moderation actions.

A Community Leader is the eyes and ears of the community. They collect valuable information on game-related issues and community concerns for the Community Manager to relay back to the development team. Community Leaders do not have insider’s access to game development cycles, upcoming patches, or event information.

A Community Leaders is a regular player. Community Leaders are not paid and are not in the employ of Ubisoft. They assist as volunteers only.

What do you expect as far as gameplay from CLs?

We do require our CL's to be active players. That being said, we expect them to be regular players. As a CL, you do not have any additional duties, just opportunities. If you prefer to spend your time in the forums and think you can make a difference there, we can discuss opportunities within the forums for you. If you think you'd make a greater impact in-game, we can discuss those options as well.

CL's are not restricted from the Trade Office, the Trade channel or any other aspect of the game that a regular player enjoys. One caveat: Though CL's can still participate in contests, they cannot be chosen if the BB management team is in charge of choosing the winners. CL's can still participate in contests where the winners are chosen randomly.

How much time do we have to nominate/apply?

Nominations will remain open from Feb. 3rd - Feb. 28th. Final selections will be made in March.

I am protective of my identity and don't want to reveal my Skype information.

That's okay. You can set up a new Skype account. Additionally, we do not use video chat, only text. It's just an easy way for us to all stay in contact, and, if you have questions, get them answered by a BB quickly.

What are CL's required to do?

You are volunteers; therefore, you are not required to do anything. That being said, we will be on the lookout for players that are self-driven and enthusiastic. We want to find the players that are bursting with ideas and provide them with support to make those ideas a reality.

How long do CL's serve?

For as long as they like, unless they are removed by BB for inactivity or another reason. CL's will be automatically-removed from the program after 3 months of inactivity.

How do CL's and BB's communicate?

Currently, we have a private Skype channel wherein the local BBs are available and chat regularly.

How many CL's will be chosen?

We are planning to get 2 more CL's for Zeus and 3 for Ares.

Is there going to be a limit on how many people someone can nominate?

You can nominate as many people as you like, however; players need to nominate themselves as well. That way, I know that they are expressing interest in the position as well.

Do I get anything for being a CL?

Besides the BB's undying appreciation? Yes. Currently, the active CL's receive 500 gems a month. They also receive a special in-game chat color and CL_ tag in-game, as well as the Community Leader title in the forums.

Application

Fill out this application and post it as a reply in the forums.

What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    What is the first thing you want to do as a CL?
    Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    What is the community's top requested feature for TSO?
    What has prepared you to be a community leader for The Settlers Online?
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 02-10-14 at 11:48 am.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Drischavrel
    I nominate Greek_Spartan, Angelbuns, Aurboth, and Depluke.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I nominate myself woot
    What is the primary server you play on?
    I play Ares server only

How have you contributed to the community?
    I often talk to BB's about ideas and also issues i have found, play test server sometime, am on often, and LOVE this game, also post in forums

I want to get ideas from the ppl I play with to submit to BB for consideration to add to the game or fix. Many players have good ideas and dont know how to let UBI know.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community?
    I think more trivia would be fun we all enjoy that I would have to talk to others and get their input for contests etc.

MORE ROOM on the island is top requested

I love the community and am often seen in one or more tabs..often have whispered help questions as well and know alot of ppl here.

I also nominate Drischavrel!!!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I am not on Ares much but when i am i always see Aurboth helping people and is always kind. Also would like to nominate WhiteKite, he is a very experienced player, VERY* experienced leader and is always helpful to players- he is lvl50 on both Zeus and Ares.
    -TH

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    and BB, you may want to change-
    "A Community Leaders is a regular player. Community Leaders are not paid and are not in the employ of Ubisoft. They assist as volunteers only." becasue u then say-
    "Do I get anything for being a CL?

Besides the BB's undying appreciation? Yes. Currently, the active CL's receive 500 gems a month. They also receive a special in-game chat color and CL_ tag in-game, as well as the Community Leader title in the forums."

I understand it is not a check but 500 gems per month is a type of payment imo, no?

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    aurboth, AngelBuns, Ceruhe, Greek_Spartan, KirkMac, Richard_Cranium, Runemaker

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Nominations: Greek_Spartan, aurboth, AngelBuns, Richard_Cranium

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I nominate the following: AngelBuns, Greek_Spartan, Runemaker and aurboth! Good luck to whomever gets chosen!

Retired Community Leader Khamuul's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I nominate myself, Greek_Spartan, Richard_Cranium, and Yarrah

Application:
    What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    I play on Ares

How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    I have been active within the game's help tab since I started back in August 2012

I want to help improve communication between BB and the players, as well as help do my part to keep chat friendly for all.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    I feel the first step to improving the community would be to increase the communication between BB and the player base, and to have more clearly defined rules.

The most frequently requested ideas I've seen have been player versus player, and more space on the home island.

I've been playing since August of 2012 and have spent my time memorizing everything I could about the game, or memorizing locations to find information for commonly asked questions. I have spent the majority of my time in the help tab answering what questions I could, and since I started playing I have only missed one day online due to a total lack of internet access.
    He who forsakes empathy disconnects himself from others in every sense, save existence

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'd throw my vote behind Khamuul and Greek_Spartan

Closed Thread