Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Ares Community Leaders Open Nominations

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrio View Post
    how many spots are open?
    MorganTheJoker
    Deano1978
    There will be 3 CLs added to Ares, but you can nominate as many people as you want.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I nominate Runemaker.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I nominate Greek_Spartan, Khamuul, Deano1978, and MorganTheJoker.

World
    Ares
    Pie Charts, Nomination List and CL applications

Today's Tabulation Results

These charts reflect who the community has expressed to be their favorite candidates for the new community leader positions.
    I've created them to give this community a voice that's loud and clear on who they would like to see as their new CLs.
    All final decisions on who will fill these positions will be made by the BB community management team.

There is also a Full Player Nomination List, that can be found on the same spreadsheet.
    Useful for applicants who would like to see if someone they know has submitted a nomination yet and for people who've submitted nominations, to see if I've entered them correctly.

You can also find all applications by players wanting to become community leaders in the bottom tabs of the spreadsheet. I've included them here in a single list to help with any future nomination decisions.

Player Applications for Community Leader positions:
    Spoiler
    Click the player's name to go directly to their original application post.

AngelBuns
    Spoiler
    What is the primary server you play on?
    I play Ares server only

How have you contributed to the community? 
    I often talk to BB's about ideas and also issues i have found, play test server sometime, am on often, and LOVE this game, also post in forums

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL?
    I want to get ideas from the ppl I play with to submit to BB for consideration to add to the game or fix. Many players have good ideas and dont know how to let UBI know.

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? 
    I think more trivia would be fun we all enjoy that I would have to talk to others and get their input for contests etc. 

What is the community's top requested feature for TSO?
    MORE ROOM on the island is top requested

What has prepared you to be a community leader for The Settlers Online?
    I love the community and am often seen in one or more tabs..often have whispered help questions as well and know alot of ppl here.

aurboth
    Spoiler
    My primary server is Ares (Realm 2). I also maintain an account on the Test Server.

I have been an active player for the past 12 months. As such, I have spent much of my free time in game monitoring and providing assistance in the Help Channel. I spend time in Global-1, although I am there more commonly at off-peak times due to the peak in Help volume at similar times. In addition, I am also active on the test server, working on ideas that have the potential to someday transition to our server. As both a guild officer and as someone in the help channel, I have helped people gain a greater understanding of the game, to help supply them with what they need to become better players and community members. While I would not say that I constantly post to the forum, I do attempt to make solid contributions there as well. 

I feel the best thing that I can do first is use the information available to me in this new role to attempt to convey the problems and ideas our server sees as important. Understanding what is planned for the server and how our needs and wants are being addressed is something that all the players seem to desire, even if they only have a specific desire in mind. It would even be helpful to determine if other servers are seeing similar problems and share what we can to make the players' desires communicated with the responsible designers.

The best way to improve a community is to bring people together within it. The trivia games are good method, but the specific time reduces the accessibility to many active players. While we are the designated US Server, sharing with other great countries with the same time zones, the people and game-flow changes throughout the day and night. Activities should vary more to include more of the entire community, not just the prime time players. Guilds are an important part of the community, and we should be recognizing them as a resource for players. Independent players are just as important a part and need to know that the game is meant to be enjoyed by them as well.

Anyone who has played for any length of time or visited the forum more than once will pick up the perpetual issues of Player vs. Player combat and the lack of island space, followed the general issue of improving the control over the creation and delegation of troops. However, in all honesty, these issues are not what will drive away people who are already playing the game. More than all of these, the most common thing requested by the community is information. The lack of clear information is likely one of the most frustrating things for the players, whether it be a reason for a change in game functionality, a clear message of etiquette from the moderators, or a timeline for changes already advertised. The failure of communication has already been seen in the initial implementation of the Community Leader/Liaison program, which was much more divisive than our game requests.

Besides what I have already mentioned above, I would start with that I have over twenty years of experience playing MMORPG’s. I have served in leadership positions for large guild-equivalent groups in several games. In addition, one of my degrees is in computers, and have worked previously in teaching computers and basic coding, as well as tutoring in a variety of math/science subjects. I also have a degree in business, which gives me a different perspective of the economy aspects of the game as well as some of the realities of balancing business and coding issue.

Deano1978
    Spoiler
    What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    Ares

How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through trade and help with auctions as well

I want to unite this server to a common goal of unity

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    what we need is a daily giveaway not just a trivia event once a week.. also we need to encourage BB presence in global by asking the questions members dont want or just are scared to ask

More Island space

I play 18 hrs a day and I live and love my TSO family. this isnt just a game this is a way of life. if you not a addicted to this game and love to play this game then being a community leader you are not. I want to help push unity.. a family happy place

DestuctorNate
    Spoiler
    I Play on Area only for the time being...

I am constantly helping others and looking for items on the TO that I know are for quest's requiring you to sell certain items for a reasonable price when I can afford it. I do tend to help others in the help tab when I can. I am almost always giving to others in some way weather it be friends or guild members, even if it might hinder my progression.

I want to assist others in making the game as good and glitch free as possible to obtain a better gaming experience for all!!

I have a few ideas, some involve in game chat contests and games, mini events beside the given holiday events already in place. possibly adventure contests for given lvl ranges for prizes.

More space is the top requested feature within TSO for the higher levels, for the lower levels the chance for obtaining more gems for a cheaper price to assist in advancement.

I have been guild leader or officer of various games like this game and different from it. Because of this I have a well rounded knowledge of what could be implements without throwing the game off balance to make it too hard or too easy.

Greek_Spartan
    Spoiler
    Ares

Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through auctions in which I am auctioneer and help many people out there.

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community

"When i introduced auction, it was an idea I got from Zeus, and is a real hit right now.
    If not an auction, then maybe an event, that sort of works like it, in which players help players, and have fun doing it, however different then what is already in place."

More Island space.

"My constant help in TSO in general, whether it be on forums or in-game.
    I have played on Ares since October 2012 and have got to know and like a lot of people there.
    My main contribution is helping on help tab, which I love to do."

Khamuul
    Spoiler
    I play on Ares

I have been active within the game's help tab since I started back in August 2012

I want to help improve communication between BB and the players, as well as help do my part to keep chat friendly for all.

I feel the first step to improving the community would be to increase the communication between BB and the player base, and to have more clearly defined rules.

The most frequently requested ideas I've seen have been player versus player, and more space on the home island.

I've been playing since August of 2012 and have spent my time memorizing everything I could about the game, or memorizing locations to find information for commonly asked questions. I have spent the majority of my time in the help tab answering what questions I could, and since I started playing I have only missed one day online due to a total lack of internet access.

KirkMac
    Spoiler
    Ares.

The Help tab is a wonderful place. I tend to dwell there when on-line and attempt to provide the support and guidance that newer players need. I remain firmly in the "teach a man to fish" camp. Rather than just tell someone to buff their cutters, I'll explain what the quest intends along with better, longer term solutions.

"Do some very mild bragging... perhaps a private little strut? =)
    The second thing would be to collect those niggling little issues that have bothered us for so long and seek answers."

There are a few percolating around in my head. I have a fondness for educational trivia and challenges.

An expansion of the combat system.

Life experience, job responsibilities and a similar position, though in a smaller game.

Nathan_Luo
    Spoiler
    I would appreciate consideration as a Community Leader; I strongly support what the community leaders are all about and would love to be of assistance in this manner.

Ares

I am extremely involved on a daily basis in trade chat, offering TO deals, and in the loot spot community, selling and buying. I also enjoy helping new players, reaching out to them, offering them guild involvement, answering questions and providing resources and advice. I am extremely active in the guild I serve in and am a promoted leader in it. I also enjoy positive communication and like to help keep trade chat peaceable and direct discussions back toward trade and civility! I also try to submit regular suggestions, especially during events, and give feedback after events to help improve game play. I love the game, plan to be around for a long time, and would love to find ways to be more involved - community leadership might just be that opportunity.

Introduce rubber duckies as a tradeable item. However, as that might be a "long term" goal, my first interactions as a CL would be to diversify the chat rooms I'm involved in to get a better feel for what everyone needs and wants from the game! Communication is key, and being seen is key to sparking communication. I love the idea of community leaders and wish a lot more programs, games and providers of any product/service would consider getting actual consumers involved in giving feedback and interfacing with their target audiences!

I have LOTS of ideas to improve the community. I love the community already - I'm not applying because I think what we have is broken. I love what the game is and have vision for what the game could become. Not an event goes by that I don't think, "Huh, we probably could have added this! We could have tweaked this! I wonder if it would have gone better if we had applied this? Maybe next year we can do this!" I'm also creative when it comes to contests and opportunities. Our guild has everything from "player of the month" to daily buff days where a different player is targeted to receive surprise random buffs all day long. We also have a guild community pot during events (players who get their pumpkins early and buy everything they want quick can then help lower level players!) and we do the same in-guild with guild coins every time the market items are changed out. I'm an organizer and a brainstormer, which I daresay are great values for a community leader!

Great question. As our server ages (more and more upper level players), more and more requests are being made to help spice up the game (let's to player verse player! we need more levels! we need new items for level 50 players!) and let advanced players continue growing (more island space, items that make more of the map usable like floating residences, buildings that help you eliminate smaller ones like friaries). I feel all of these improvements, some already realized and many more in the works, help keep upper level players from quitting (aids in player retentions) yet also helps give newer players assurance that there's always something new to shoot for in Settler's!

I am a leader in real life. It's a passion of mine from an early age. I became an Eagle Scout, started a mentoring program for our 200+ volunteers at my local zoo which I now teach annually, and work as a new employee trainer at a private security firm (my career). I have learned valuable skills along the way about communication, empathy, creativity, commitment and how to pull people together with inspiration and perspiration. Teamwork makes everything better and I've been honored to lead dozens of teams in all aspects of life over the years. Thanks for your consideration - chosen or not, I know all nominees will continue with their regular involvement in the game, playing and improving as we go!

Richard_Cranium
    Spoiler
    Please allow me to preface this application with a comment. I shall attempt brevity, but rarely accomplish it!

When it was announced that additional Community Leaders for Ares would be selected, I immediately knew the names I would nominate. The choices, to me, were obvious. What I did not expect, was my name to be listed. I was approached when this topic was released by AngelBuns asking if I wanted to be nominated. My response was quite definitive . . . let me get back to you on that!

The position is for "Community" leaders. It is hard to fulfill that aspect without first knowing what the community wants/thinks. So I sought out the opinion of as many other members of the community as I could to ascertain if I was a possible 'fit' in this. To this end, I respectfully submit the following:

Ares. I started here almost a year ago, my 'home' is here.

Over the time I have been playing, I have attempted to offer assistance when/where I can. Be it in Global, Help, Guild Chat, or whisper, I try to make myself available to anyone who may find my assistance beneficial.

When reviewing the application process, this question gave me the most to think about. What I may personally think is the obvious answer may not align with what others expect from this process. As such, the 'first' thing I would approach is a continuation of dialogue seeking out what the players want/expect from their Community Leaders. Establish the communications links in Global, Help (etc.), that are needed to enable this program to effectively offer a valuable addition to both the player, and BB/Ubi.

The "Ask a BB anything" in global is quite popular, and I would like to see that extended to cover more time zones. Trivia also engages many players not usually seen in Global, so additional contests open to a wide audience at various times of the day/week could prove to be beneficial.

I shall echo previous comments - MORE ROOM is something that I see discussed across all forms of chat here. 

One thing I have learned over the years is that no one person has all the answers. As such, I have tried to obtain at least a basic understanding of the many ways different people play this game. By looking towards others, it has allowed me to be prepared for a much broader range of applications taken to possible questions/concerns individuals seek assistance with, and a better understanding of what they want to achieve.

In closing, I want to thank everyone that has nominated me. The fact that YOU have enough faith that I could fulfill this position means a lot. Regardless of the outcome, I shall always remember this, and endeavor to remain worthy of such respect.

Regards

Richard Taylor
    a.k.a. Richard_Cranium

Runemaker
    Spoiler
    Ares only.

I've been playing since Nov of 2012. I spend most of my time in help chat explaining the game to new players and old. I have many links to websites that offer content to help explain the game.

Find out what is expected of me, and what BB is planning for the future of Settlers.

I think trivia should be held a few different times a week, since we do have players from all over the world.

More space on the island. We were all excited about the dynamite concept!

Being an active player for 14 months.

Spikescopilot
    Spoiler
    Ares

I spend time in the Help tab answering questions, and I've tried to maintain T-L as a "Teaching Guild" to help the newer players learn the ropes. (But I certainly can't take credit for all of the programs we're running in-guild; my officers are awesome.)

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community.

In our guild the higher-level players sometimes host impromptu trivia nights and giveaways. It goes over really well in the guild, I think we could potentially expand that to get more of the community being active in productive chat. I think we could also run some contests on the forums to get Ares players more active here (for the most part, the forums are dominated by Zeus.)

More island space, and more parity in production lines and upgrade costs/benefits.

I've been playing on the Ares server since October of 2012, I am active on the test server (getting sneak previews of changes to help guild members be successful in events), and I try to maintain active relationships with members and officers of other guilds in order to keep the overall community connected. I help out on the help tab, and try to help on the forums as well.

Springer_Prime
    Spoiler
    Ares

I am a Senior administrator for one of the largest guilds on the server. TNT. I pop in and answer questions in the help Tab from time to time. Out entire guild is based upon the idea of helping one another. I've brought up issues from members to the BB staff on occasions. I have been doing this for the last 10 months. March will be my 1 year anniversary of playing the game. 

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL:
     Let everyone know that their legitimate problems /issues would be heard and responded to. The prevailing attitude is that players are ignored. I would love to change this attitude.

yes, 1) friends/ guild mates who visit your island can click on collectibles. I think you should get one per collectible you find while your friend/ guild mate gets the full allotment. This will increase visits to other islands and contribute to interplay between players and increase the fun!

The science package for Generals has not been released yet, nor has the program to clear up unused space on islands. These are the features I've heard constantly people asking for. *points outside to see the flaming torches and pitch forks outside my Castle walls as evidence.*

I work daily as a volunteer real life. Im trained in leadership and how to deal with various situations within the infrastructure I am given to work in. I've played the game with love for almost a year now. Being an Admin/ Senor Admin in one of the largest guilds on Ares have given me daily experience in helping people and problem solving, as well as conflict resolution.

Yarrah
    Spoiler
    I primarily play on Ares, but do hop over to the TSO test server from time to time as well

You don't see me in Global chat very often, but I tend to answer questions in the Help tab and occasionally the random trade question in the trade tab. I tend to help people in the background when I see them getting lost in conversations in the tabs, be it with an answer to a question, resources, or island help (i.e. buffs, building placements).

Open communication up between players and the BB team, it too often seems that there isn't someone around when you need them.

I think more opportunities for players to win items you can only obtain with gems would be nice with an event. I would also like to see more server co-op events, but with prizes that make the event worth while.

I see a lot of requests for PvP, and better guild market items.

I enjoy helping others, whether it be someone to just listen to your occasional rants, or helping solve a problem they may be having in game. I may not always have an answer right at that moment, but I'm not afraid to look for it or ask someone that can answer it. I've often helped friends in game get answers from support when they weren't getting anywhere or didn't know how or what to ask. I'm not afraid of a challenge and I love being able to meet people all around the world. I like to think I'm a fair person, and have a tough skin when it comes to dealing with problems when they arise.
    If you change anything in your application posts please let me know. These are not directly tied to your posts and will not automatically get edited.

Below you will find a list of things I do to make sure my calculations are as accurate as possible.
    Spoiler
    • Only nominations made by players from this server will be tabulated.
    In an effort for the charts to reflect who people want to see as their new Community Leaders on this server, I will not be adding any nominations made by people from another server. If you have an account on this server and would like to nominate someone from this community, please log in with that account to post your nomination.

• If you see an incorrect nomination by your name, let me know.
    I will only correct your own nominations. You cannot send me an email for instance, telling me another person’s nomination needs to be corrected.

• I may skip a post if it is not clear who the person is or if they are being nominated at all.
    I've run across a few nominations I've had to decipher and I’m hoping I assumed the correct names and intentions. To make sure the tabulations aren't based on my assumptions, it would be best to make it clear of who you’d like to nominate.

A great way to do this would be to add this line at the start of your post. It will make my tabulations a lot quicker and you’ll get updated info a lot quicker too.

I would like to nominate ______, ______, ______

Make sure the name is fully spelled so I don’t confuse any short form with another player’s name. Keep jokes out of the thread. I really can’t tell if you’re laughing and this thread isn't really the place for jokes like that anyway.

• Making any edits to your nominee choice.
    If you'd like to add an extra player as a nomination, simply make a new post nominating them. When I do the tabulations I'll notice your name and simply add to it. If you'd like to remove someone, an email through the forum would be better, with an explanation as to why you've changed your mind.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I Nominate Richard_Cranium and Greek_Spartan

World
    Ares
    I vote for:

Khamuul
    Greek_Spartan
    Runemaker
    *Price Lists, Value Calculations, Adventure Guides, Helpful Links*

Join us on Forum Groups, Facebook and Google+

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    RuneMaker!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Please add MorgantheJoker. Always willing to help and do the right thing

World
    Ares
    Pie Charts, Nomination List and CL applications

Today's Tabulation Results

These charts reflect who the community has expressed to be their favorite candidates for the new community leader positions.
    I've created them to give this community a voice that's loud and clear on who they would like to see as their new CLs.
    All final decisions on who will fill these positions will be made by the BB community management team.

There is also a Full Player Nomination List, that can be found on the same spreadsheet.
    Useful for applicants who would like to see if someone they know has submitted a nomination yet and for people who've submitted nominations, to see if I've entered them correctly.

You can also find all applications by players wanting to become community leaders in the bottom tabs of the spreadsheet. I've included them here in a single list to help with any future nomination decisions.

Player Applications for Community Leader positions:
    Spoiler
    Click the player's name to go directly to their original application post.

AngelBuns
    Spoiler
    I play Ares server only

I often talk to BB's about ideas and also issues i have found, play test server sometime, am on often, and LOVE this game, also post in forums

I want to get ideas from the ppl I play with to submit to BB for consideration to add to the game or fix. Many players have good ideas and dont know how to let UBI know.

I think more trivia would be fun we all enjoy that I would have to talk to others and get their input for contests etc. 

MORE ROOM on the island is top requested

I love the community and am often seen in one or more tabs..often have whispered help questions as well and know alot of ppl here.

aurboth
    Spoiler
    My primary server is Ares (Realm 2). I also maintain an account on the Test Server.

I have been an active player for the past 12 months. As such, I have spent much of my free time in game monitoring and providing assistance in the Help Channel. I spend time in Global-1, although I am there more commonly at off-peak times due to the peak in Help volume at similar times. In addition, I am also active on the test server, working on ideas that have the potential to someday transition to our server. As both a guild officer and as someone in the help channel, I have helped people gain a greater understanding of the game, to help supply them with what they need to become better players and community members. While I would not say that I constantly post to the forum, I do attempt to make solid contributions there as well. 

I feel the best thing that I can do first is use the information available to me in this new role to attempt to convey the problems and ideas our server sees as important. Understanding what is planned for the server and how our needs and wants are being addressed is something that all the players seem to desire, even if they only have a specific desire in mind. It would even be helpful to determine if other servers are seeing similar problems and share what we can to make the players' desires communicated with the responsible designers.

The best way to improve a community is to bring people together within it. The trivia games are good method, but the specific time reduces the accessibility to many active players. While we are the designated US Server, sharing with other great countries with the same time zones, the people and game-flow changes throughout the day and night. Activities should vary more to include more of the entire community, not just the prime time players. Guilds are an important part of the community, and we should be recognizing them as a resource for players. Independent players are just as important a part and need to know that the game is meant to be enjoyed by them as well.

Anyone who has played for any length of time or visited the forum more than once will pick up the perpetual issues of Player vs. Player combat and the lack of island space, followed the general issue of improving the control over the creation and delegation of troops. However, in all honesty, these issues are not what will drive away people who are already playing the game. More than all of these, the most common thing requested by the community is information. The lack of clear information is likely one of the most frustrating things for the players, whether it be a reason for a change in game functionality, a clear message of etiquette from the moderators, or a timeline for changes already advertised. The failure of communication has already been seen in the initial implementation of the Community Leader/Liaison program, which was much more divisive than our game requests.

Besides what I have already mentioned above, I would start with that I have over twenty years of experience playing MMORPG’s. I have served in leadership positions for large guild-equivalent groups in several games. In addition, one of my degrees is in computers, and have worked previously in teaching computers and basic coding, as well as tutoring in a variety of math/science subjects. I also have a degree in business, which gives me a different perspective of the economy aspects of the game as well as some of the realities of balancing business and coding issue.

Deano1978
    Spoiler
    Ares

Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through trade and help with auctions as well

I want to unite this server to a common goal of unity

what we need is a daily giveaway not just a trivia event once a week.. also we need to encourage BB presence in global by asking the questions members dont want or just are scared to ask

More Island space

I play 18 hrs a day and I live and love my TSO family. this isnt just a game this is a way of life. if you not a addicted to this game and love to play this game then being a community leader you are not. I want to help push unity.. a family happy place

DestuctorNate
    Spoiler
    I Play on Area only for the time being...

I am constantly helping others and looking for items on the TO that I know are for quest's requiring you to sell certain items for a reasonable price when I can afford it. I do tend to help others in the help tab when I can. I am almost always giving to others in some way weather it be friends or guild members, even if it might hinder my progression.

I want to assist others in making the game as good and glitch free as possible to obtain a better gaming experience for all!!

I have a few ideas, some involve in game chat contests and games, mini events beside the given holiday events already in place. possibly adventure contests for given lvl ranges for prizes.

More space is the top requested feature within TSO for the higher levels, for the lower levels the chance for obtaining more gems for a cheaper price to assist in advancement.

I have been guild leader or officer of various games like this game and different from it. Because of this I have a well rounded knowledge of what could be implements without throwing the game off balance to make it too hard or too easy.

Greek_Spartan
    Spoiler
    Ares

Help tab answering questions a lot, but also through auctions in which I am auctioneer and help many people out there.

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community

"When i introduced auction, it was an idea I got from Zeus, and is a real hit right now.
    If not an auction, then maybe an event, that sort of works like it, in which players help players, and have fun doing it, however different then what is already in place."

More Island space.

"My constant help in TSO in general, whether it be on forums or in-game.
    I have played on Ares since October 2012 and have got to know and like a lot of people there.
    My main contribution is helping on help tab, which I love to do."

Khamuul
    Spoiler
    I play on Ares

I have been active within the game's help tab since I started back in August 2012

I want to help improve communication between BB and the players, as well as help do my part to keep chat friendly for all.

I feel the first step to improving the community would be to increase the communication between BB and the player base, and to have more clearly defined rules.

The most frequently requested ideas I've seen have been player versus player, and more space on the home island.

I've been playing since August of 2012 and have spent my time memorizing everything I could about the game, or memorizing locations to find information for commonly asked questions. I have spent the majority of my time in the help tab answering what questions I could, and since I started playing I have only missed one day online due to a total lack of internet access.

KirkMac
    Spoiler
    Ares.

The Help tab is a wonderful place. I tend to dwell there when on-line and attempt to provide the support and guidance that newer players need. I remain firmly in the "teach a man to fish" camp. Rather than just tell someone to buff their cutters, I'll explain what the quest intends along with better, longer term solutions.

"Do some very mild bragging... perhaps a private little strut? =)
    The second thing would be to collect those niggling little issues that have bothered us for so long and seek answers."

There are a few percolating around in my head. I have a fondness for educational trivia and challenges.

An expansion of the combat system.

Life experience, job responsibilities and a similar position, though in a smaller game.

Nathan_Luo
    Spoiler
    I would appreciate consideration as a Community Leader; I strongly support what the community leaders are all about and would love to be of assistance in this manner.

Ares

I am extremely involved on a daily basis in trade chat, offering TO deals, and in the loot spot community, selling and buying. I also enjoy helping new players, reaching out to them, offering them guild involvement, answering questions and providing resources and advice. I am extremely active in the guild I serve in and am a promoted leader in it. I also enjoy positive communication and like to help keep trade chat peaceable and direct discussions back toward trade and civility! I also try to submit regular suggestions, especially during events, and give feedback after events to help improve game play. I love the game, plan to be around for a long time, and would love to find ways to be more involved - community leadership might just be that opportunity.

Introduce rubber duckies as a tradeable item. However, as that might be a "long term" goal, my first interactions as a CL would be to diversify the chat rooms I'm involved in to get a better feel for what everyone needs and wants from the game! Communication is key, and being seen is key to sparking communication. I love the idea of community leaders and wish a lot more programs, games and providers of any product/service would consider getting actual consumers involved in giving feedback and interfacing with their target audiences!

I have LOTS of ideas to improve the community. I love the community already - I'm not applying because I think what we have is broken. I love what the game is and have vision for what the game could become. Not an event goes by that I don't think, "Huh, we probably could have added this! We could have tweaked this! I wonder if it would have gone better if we had applied this? Maybe next year we can do this!" I'm also creative when it comes to contests and opportunities. Our guild has everything from "player of the month" to daily buff days where a different player is targeted to receive surprise random buffs all day long. We also have a guild community pot during events (players who get their pumpkins early and buy everything they want quick can then help lower level players!) and we do the same in-guild with guild coins every time the market items are changed out. I'm an organizer and a brainstormer, which I daresay are great values for a community leader!

Great question. As our server ages (more and more upper level players), more and more requests are being made to help spice up the game (let's to player verse player! we need more levels! we need new items for level 50 players!) and let advanced players continue growing (more island space, items that make more of the map usable like floating residences, buildings that help you eliminate smaller ones like friaries). I feel all of these improvements, some already realized and many more in the works, help keep upper level players from quitting (aids in player retentions) yet also helps give newer players assurance that there's always something new to shoot for in Settler's!

I am a leader in real life. It's a passion of mine from an early age. I became an Eagle Scout, started a mentoring program for our 200+ volunteers at my local zoo which I now teach annually, and work as a new employee trainer at a private security firm (my career). I have learned valuable skills along the way about communication, empathy, creativity, commitment and how to pull people together with inspiration and perspiration. Teamwork makes everything better and I've been honored to lead dozens of teams in all aspects of life over the years. Thanks for your consideration - chosen or not, I know all nominees will continue with their regular involvement in the game, playing and improving as we go!

Richard_Cranium
    Spoiler
    Please allow me to preface this application with a comment. I shall attempt brevity, but rarely accomplish it!

When it was announced that additional Community Leaders for Ares would be selected, I immediately knew the names I would nominate. The choices, to me, were obvious. What I did not expect, was my name to be listed. I was approached when this topic was released by AngelBuns asking if I wanted to be nominated. My response was quite definitive . . . let me get back to you on that!

The position is for "Community" leaders. It is hard to fulfill that aspect without first knowing what the community wants/thinks. So I sought out the opinion of as many other members of the community as I could to ascertain if I was a possible 'fit' in this. To this end, I respectfully submit the following:

Ares. I started here almost a year ago, my 'home' is here.

Over the time I have been playing, I have attempted to offer assistance when/where I can. Be it in Global, Help, Guild Chat, or whisper, I try to make myself available to anyone who may find my assistance beneficial.

When reviewing the application process, this question gave me the most to think about. What I may personally think is the obvious answer may not align with what others expect from this process. As such, the 'first' thing I would approach is a continuation of dialogue seeking out what the players want/expect from their Community Leaders. Establish the communications links in Global, Help (etc.), that are needed to enable this program to effectively offer a valuable addition to both the player, and BB/Ubi.

The "Ask a BB anything" in global is quite popular, and I would like to see that extended to cover more time zones. Trivia also engages many players not usually seen in Global, so additional contests open to a wide audience at various times of the day/week could prove to be beneficial.

I shall echo previous comments - MORE ROOM is something that I see discussed across all forms of chat here. 

One thing I have learned over the years is that no one person has all the answers. As such, I have tried to obtain at least a basic understanding of the many ways different people play this game. By looking towards others, it has allowed me to be prepared for a much broader range of applications taken to possible questions/concerns individuals seek assistance with, and a better understanding of what they want to achieve.

In closing, I want to thank everyone that has nominated me. The fact that YOU have enough faith that I could fulfill this position means a lot. Regardless of the outcome, I shall always remember this, and endeavor to remain worthy of such respect.

Regards

Richard Taylor
    a.k.a. Richard_Cranium

Runemaker
    Spoiler
    Ares only.

I've been playing since Nov of 2012. I spend most of my time in help chat explaining the game to new players and old. I have many links to websites that offer content to help explain the game.

Find out what is expected of me, and what BB is planning for the future of Settlers.

I think trivia should be held a few different times a week, since we do have players from all over the world.

More space on the island. We were all excited about the dynamite concept!

Being an active player for 14 months.

Spikescopilot
    Spoiler
    Ares

I spend time in the Help tab answering questions, and I've tried to maintain T-L as a "Teaching Guild" to help the newer players learn the ropes. (But I certainly can't take credit for all of the programs we're running in-guild; my officers are awesome.)

Improve and increase the communication between BBs and the community.

In our guild the higher-level players sometimes host impromptu trivia nights and giveaways. It goes over really well in the guild, I think we could potentially expand that to get more of the community being active in productive chat. I think we could also run some contests on the forums to get Ares players more active here (for the most part, the forums are dominated by Zeus.)

More island space, and more parity in production lines and upgrade costs/benefits.

I've been playing on the Ares server since October of 2012, I am active on the test server (getting sneak previews of changes to help guild members be successful in events), and I try to maintain active relationships with members and officers of other guilds in order to keep the overall community connected. I help out on the help tab, and try to help on the forums as well.

Springer_Prime
    Spoiler
    Ares

I am a Senior administrator for one of the largest guilds on the server. TNT. I pop in and answer questions in the help Tab from time to time. Out entire guild is based upon the idea of helping one another. I've brought up issues from members to the BB staff on occasions. I have been doing this for the last 10 months. March will be my 1 year anniversary of playing the game. 

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL:
     Let everyone know that their legitimate problems /issues would be heard and responded to. The prevailing attitude is that players are ignored. I would love to change this attitude.

yes, 1) friends/ guild mates who visit your island can click on collectibles. I think you should get one per collectible you find while your friend/ guild mate gets the full allotment. This will increase visits to other islands and contribute to interplay between players and increase the fun!

The science package for Generals has not been released yet, nor has the program to clear up unused space on islands. These are the features I've heard constantly people asking for. *points outside to see the flaming torches and pitch forks outside my Castle walls as evidence.*

I work daily as a volunteer real life. Im trained in leadership and how to deal with various situations within the infrastructure I am given to work in. I've played the game with love for almost a year now. Being an Admin/ Senor Admin in one of the largest guilds on Ares have given me daily experience in helping people and problem solving, as well as conflict resolution.

Yarrah
    Spoiler
    I primarily play on Ares, but do hop over to the TSO test server from time to time as well

You don't see me in Global chat very often, but I tend to answer questions in the Help tab and occasionally the random trade question in the trade tab. I tend to help people in the background when I see them getting lost in conversations in the tabs, be it with an answer to a question, resources, or island help (i.e. buffs, building placements).

Open communication up between players and the BB team, it too often seems that there isn't someone around when you need them.

I think more opportunities for players to win items you can only obtain with gems would be nice with an event. I would also like to see more server co-op events, but with prizes that make the event worth while.

I see a lot of requests for PvP, and better guild market items.

I enjoy helping others, whether it be someone to just listen to your occasional rants, or helping solve a problem they may be having in game. I may not always have an answer right at that moment, but I'm not afraid to look for it or ask someone that can answer it. I've often helped friends in game get answers from support when they weren't getting anywhere or didn't know how or what to ask. I'm not afraid of a challenge and I love being able to meet people all around the world. I like to think I'm a fair person, and have a tough skin when it comes to dealing with problems when they arise.
    If you change anything in your application posts please let me know. These are not directly tied to your posts and will not automatically get edited.

Below you will find a list of things I do to make sure my calculations are as accurate as possible.
    Spoiler
    • Only nominations made by players from this server will be tabulated.
    In an effort for the charts to reflect who people want to see as their new Community Leaders on this server, I will not be adding any nominations made by people from another server. If you have an account on this server and would like to nominate someone from this community, please log in with that account to post your nomination.

• If you see an incorrect nomination by your name, let me know.
    I will only correct your own nominations. You cannot send me an email for instance, telling me another person’s nomination needs to be corrected.

• I may skip a post if it is not clear who the person is or if they are being nominated at all.
    I've run across a few nominations I've had to decipher and I’m hoping I assumed the correct names and intentions. To make sure the tabulations aren't based on my assumptions, it would be best to make it clear of who you’d like to nominate.

A great way to do this would be to add this line at the start of your post. It will make my tabulations a lot quicker and you’ll get updated info a lot quicker too.

I would like to nominate ______, ______, ______

Make sure the name is fully spelled so I don’t confuse any short form with another player’s name. Keep jokes out of the thread. I really can’t tell if you’re laughing and this thread isn't really the place for jokes like that anyway.

• Making any edits to your nominee choice.
    If you'd like to add an extra player as a nomination, simply make a new post nominating them. When I do the tabulations I'll notice your name and simply add to it. If you'd like to remove someone, an email through the forum would be better, with an explanation as to why you've changed your mind.

World
    Ares
    I Nominate Greek_Spartan.

Closed Thread