Closed Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ares Community Leaders Open Nominations

World
    Ares
    Yup I'm pretty much just doing this because I thought it would be a fun way for everyone to see how things were progressing. It has the bonus side effect that it will allow BB to concentrate on getting to know the applicants and also alert them as to who they may want to contact if they haven't applied yet.

Usually when I come up with stuff like this it's because I wanted to see a chart or a list myself, to get a better idea of how things are going. I always think that if I though that would make my own experience in the game more fun or better, then why not share that with everyone on the server.

I'll be updating it again, probably at the end of the day. Every time I update the list I'll make a post so you guys can be alerted if you're using the "Subscribe to this Thread" in the "Thread Tools" above.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith_4 View Post
    Guess you were typing at the same time I was...sorry about that lol and thanks BB_Rawren for all the work you are doing to make sure this process is running smoothly

We are of one mind. : )
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Greek_Spartan, Richard_Cranium, or Khamuul

World
    Ares
    I nominate Aurboth and AngelBuns.

World
    Ares
    I would like to nominate Khamuul and Richard_Cranium and Greek_Spartan

This is a hard choice in certain aspects as there are a lot of qualified people but we are limited to three.

I have known these three people for a LONG time and they conduct themselves with honor and are very helpful I worked with them on the HELP tab for months. They are knowledgeable about the game and the kind of people I would be proud to have representing the community.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I nominate Greek_Spartan, Angelbuns

DestuctorNate
    you do know that even though there will only be three nominees picked you can vote for as many as you like =P LOL

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would like to nominate Greek_Spartan. He is already doing the job unofficially and has a great attitude. I have dealt with him regarding more than one issue and like the way he handled everything. I would say he would make a great addition to the team, but he is already one and should receive the recognition for it

Nathan_Luo is also a person I would recommend as a high asset to the team. Like Greek_Spartan, Nathan_Luo is always there to lend a helping hand, give advice, explain the different nuances of the game. I have also had the pleasure and great experience of having him as a leader in our guild and thus know first hand that he is someone who cares about the other person, and goes out of his way to provide assistance, even if it is just in referring a person to a more appropriate contact. He is highly knowledgeable of the game and many of the people playing it, even if they are not in our guild. He is fair and always willing to give a person the helping hand they need if he is able to.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would appreciate consideration as a Community Leader; I strongly support what the community leaders are all about and would love to be of assistance in this manner.

What is the primary server you play on? Zeus or Ares?
    Ares

How have you contributed to the community? Please give examples.
    I am extremely involved on a daily basis in trade chat, offering TO deals, and in the loot spot community, selling and buying. I also enjoy helping new players, reaching out to them, offering them guild involvement, answering questions and providing resources and advice. I am extremely active in the guild I serve in and am a promoted leader in it. I also enjoy positive communication and like to help keep trade chat peaceable and direct discussions back toward trade and civility! I also try to submit regular suggestions, especially during events, and give feedback after events to help improve game play. I love the game, plan to be around for a long time, and would love to find ways to be more involved - community leadership might just be that opportunity.

What is the first thing you want to do as a CL?
    Introduce rubber duckies as a tradeable item. However, as that might be a "long term" goal, my first interactions as a CL would be to diversify the chat rooms I'm involved in to get a better feel for what everyone needs and wants from the game! Communication is key, and being seen is key to sparking communication. I love the idea of community leaders and wish a lot more programs, games and providers of any product/service would consider getting actual consumers involved in giving feedback and interfacing with their target audiences!

Do you have any ideas to improve the community? (events, contests, etc.)
    I have LOTS of ideas to improve the community. I love the community already - I'm not applying because I think what we have is broken. I love what the game is and have vision for what the game could become. Not an event goes by that I don't think, "Huh, we probably could have added this! We could have tweaked this! I wonder if it would have gone better if we had applied this? Maybe next year we can do this!" I'm also creative when it comes to contests and opportunities. Our guild has everything from "player of the month" to daily buff days where a different player is targeted to receive surprise random buffs all day long. We also have a guild community pot during events (players who get their pumpkins early and buy everything they want quick can then help lower level players!) and we do the same in-guild with guild coins every time the market items are changed out. I'm an organizer and a brainstormer, which I daresay are great values for a community leader!

What is the community's top requested feature for TSO?
    Great question. As our server ages (more and more upper level players), more and more requests are being made to help spice up the game (let's to player verse player! we need more levels! we need new items for level 50 players!) and let advanced players continue growing (more island space, items that make more of the map usable like floating residences, buildings that help you eliminate smaller ones like friaries). I feel all of these improvements, some already realized and many more in the works, help keep upper level players from quitting (aids in player retentions) yet also helps give newer players assurance that there's always something new to shoot for in Settler's!

What has prepared you to be a community leader for The Settlers Online?
    I am a leader in real life. It's a passion of mine from an early age. I became an Eagle Scout, started a mentoring program for our 200+ volunteers at my local zoo which I now teach annually, and work as a new employee trainer at a private security firm (my career). I have learned valuable skills along the way about communication, empathy, creativity, commitment and how to pull people together with inspiration and perspiration. Teamwork makes everything better and I've been honored to lead dozens of teams in all aspects of life over the years. Thanks for your consideration - chosen or not, I know all nominees will continue with their regular involvement in the game, playing and improving as we go!

World
    Ares
    As a member of UNITY, I am partial to Nathan_Luo. He has always given me helpful advice, been supportive in my endeavors and makes playing the game exciting. He has instituted new ideas into our guild and encourages player-to-player interaction. He will not only tell me the answers to my questions, but informs me where I can find the answers, too.

I also recommend Greek_Spartan for he has always had answers for me when Nathan is not around.

Closed Thread