Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meet the CLs: CL_Immaduck

CL_immaduck
    If i see someone ask for help i either answer them on global or i whisper them.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Question 1 – how many other family members play this game? Just wondering how special the opportunity is to do something your daughter does, which this game has provided to you.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Question 2 – do you join in coming up with contest ideas in this game? Once I tried to come up with ideas to suggest to BB_Rawren but could not. I ended up marveling at how good hers were. Just wondering if you too as part of your CL duties try to come up with contest ideas.

CL_immaduck
    My daughter is the only other family member that plays this game.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Question 3 – you are age 53. I will name three video games from back then that stood out, in the hope you recall if you were excited about them as were most youth at the time: Pong, Space Invaders, and the football game where each player moved the X or O with a ball which served as the mouse. Do you recall playing any of them, and the thrill of it? If so, any thoughts of later generations like your daughter walking into amazing games like this one without having grown up watching them grow from those simple predecessors?

CL_immaduck
    If you have a idea please put it in a email. I will be glad to forward it for you. Also u can either send it in a ticket or mention it to a BB when u see 1 on global. I myself if i have a idea i pass it on.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    “My daughter is the only other family member that plays this game” – that warms the heart. I give you permission (not that I have it) to use your position to ease her out of a mistake she might make playing this game, since there is no save function to use to undo a mistake. I grant you a father’s prerogative to intervene. Worthless since I have no right to grant it, but I would like to.

CL_immaduck
    I loved pong about 20 of us from school went to a friends house to see a computer. It was a commodore 64

Settler
    World
    Ares
    “If you have a idea please put it in a email.”- I can think of zero contest ideas. Both the youngest and oldest players need to be able to do them. As she accommodated, there are some people who can use graphics programs and those who cannot. And there are a host of funny contest ideas that might end up offending people. Plus other factors make coming up with contest ideas impossible for me. Yet she and I assume you do it admirably. The CLs should be thanked by the players for them.
    As for the three ideas I did send to BB Rawren for improving the game, sadly they were ignored when she forwarded them. That hurt. But a CL can only do so much. My sole hope is that I can do well enough in upcoming contests or other player submission events to get one of them considered.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    “I loved pong” – Two things since you recall playing it. Please say it made such an impact you will never forget the sound of the game. And second, that when you saw Wall E try to play it alone in his Pixar movie, that it made you smile.

Closed Thread