Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Epic? Woodyard

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    N!ce necromance.

L6 aside, if you have upgraded it accordingly, it matches some 6 buildings worth of production with various chains, letting you switch over to something else without having to build something. The buffing is a downside alright, though if you are already complaining about it being useless, you ought to be having a steady stream of beansoup to begin with, either by searches or excess beans to buy them.

It has situational use (which only happened once so far...) but it's still nice to have the ability to switch around on demand. Granted I'm not all that happy overall with the thing as it was already "underperforming to equal numbers (6) of whichever thing you were planning on using it with" and L6 just makes it worse, but with so many dead spots on the island, I'm keeping and using them for better efficiency.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I like it for quests when the say things like produce 7000 horses. Even just simpler quests like produce 240 horses, that can be done in about 15 minutes.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    [...] but it's still nice to have the ability to switch around on demand. Granted I'm not all that happy overall with the thing as it was already "underperforming to equal numbers (6) [...]
    Agreed, mine runs full time (the other one is in star... probably permanently along with the Farm Yard), depending on what is going on. sometimes coal, others, exo-planks for quests and the like.

On a side not to other posts, the time on the WY is dependent on travel as well as other production buildings, all things being equal, it should outperform its stand-alone counterparts if SH/ISH placed properly (Immediately to the right front corner of the WY as I recall, and SH is one flag better due to placement design of ISH.

The biggest foible, imho to the wy system (along with peculiar size and shape) is the buffs. Sure, bean soups are cheap enough if you play regularly, but the duration is awful; have to keep having peeps place every 12-13h, and only for 2x buff.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    all things being equal, it should outperform its stand-alone counterparts
    I just serached this forum and testserver about the numbers, couldn't find them but I found an old comment of mine overall giving it the thumbs up, bashing on the buff of course. I want to say the thing just barely matched equal numbers (or depended on the chain? not sure anymore), but checking live numbers on my island right now, comparing 3 slots of 20:10 coal vs 6L6 Recylcers (@~1200/12) I'm getting 14k/12 off the woodyard vs 7.2k/12 off the Recylcers (which technically should be 5 buildings due to the foodprint but since it effectively takes 6 spots, I run with 6). That's significantly better than I had remembered it, did something get ninja changed and I didn't notice? haha

Well whatever, gimme the Epic Smelter already

Reply to Thread