Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Mail System, multiple serious problems

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

New Mail System, multiple serious problems

Attempting to open said list of "Quest Reward" emails (yes, sometimes they pile up), at times the email isn't opened (nothing in the email window), or does not refresh to the next email opened. This may go on for several tries at new emails, work once, then get stuck on that one for a while.

I'm guessing someone didn't bother testing the metadata processing.
    Last edited by BB_Rawren; 02-18-14 at 09:17 am. Reason: Exploit post

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    the new mail system is pointless in my opinion, no one had a problem with the old one...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I like the idea of an outbox, that was needed; perhaps the block-sender as well. But it's so poorly designed that the bugs I mentioned are the least of the problems, and it doesn't address the biggest headaches of the old one. A mass-accept from checked items is the most mind-shatteringly obvious usage of it, so naturally they didn't include it; it regressed functionality by hiding the single most-used item in an email system: the Reply button; it is non-intuitive; has pointless icons that lead to confusion; and, let's not forget, it's buggier than a bait store. Yes, you can send to multiple people at once (THANK YOU!) but there's no CC list, you have to write it yourself.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The new mail system does not allow to send 'Subject only' emails. Sending a complete message such as "Tag done [EOM]" was allowed in the old system.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Battle reports are deleted automatically after Replay? it is bug or feature? I like to keep them for a while to summarize adventure after I finish it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am having issues just deleting emails. Most times I need to log out and come back in to refresh the mailbox, but even that is inconsistent.

This mailbox was not ready for release yet. However, that's just how this game works and I have come to expect that anything new is most times broken on release. I like the ability to delete multiple emails, all those buff mails everyday, I will keep my fingers crossed that the issues will all get ironed out before the next new broken toy is released.

World
    Zeus
    Odd, EC, I havent had any problems with the new mail, works just fine for me.

World
    Zeus
    I'm having trouble collecting loot from adventures, collecting treasure from scouts, viewing battle reports.
    Click on the mail and nothing appears in the window, or if it shows the loot or treasure it won't actually collect it.
    Going out and back into the mail might allow another chance, but I usually have to wait awhile before going back for it to work.
    VERY annoying.
    Last edited by map42; 02-14-14 at 10:43 pm. Reason: toned down

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by psaltery View Post
    Odd, EC, I havent had any problems with the new mail, works just fine for me.
    then you are lucky and things are inconsistent. Looking over this thread I see people reporting issues I have not experienced but I am not going to be dismissive of what their experience is just because I have not had it.

The 7 emails I had in my mailbox were battle reports from an Outlaws I had run. I was able to delete the bulk of them fine, but these others clung to my mailbox, immune to the delete button. I logged out and in and there they were. I selected them all once more, hit delete and they merrily waved back at me. So I went to work and came home 11 hours later to be greeted by them once more. I deleted them again, and poof ... gone.

since then things have been working as expected and its been smooth sailing.

pesky little things, but they are now gone.

so life in Crowville is once more happy and joyous.

and this is a good thing.

World
    Ares
    The undeleteable mails are bloody annoying.

Reply to Thread