Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: About those village schools...

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpatheia View Post
    Can you do that now for every chain? Even i can follow that chart
    your can make and then make more so you can arm them with so they can kill making saving you a lot of making you very

Recruit
    In a house, in a town, in a province, in a country
    World
    Zeus
    Lmao..an lookie you getting all fancy and stuff

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It's a simplified version that doesn't take into account the time to produce the included items, multiples of each building type, and the cost of each type of resource, but rather compares the number of spaces and building licenses used. I did do something similar for the improved silo, though.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Awesome comparison Thanks for your work Could you post a link to your silo sheet? I would like to see it

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    your can make and then make more so you can arm them with so they can kill making saving you a lot of making you very

That's cute.
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The Improved Silo Diagram is here. (Note that it is designed to work WITH your existing silos.)

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...921#post242921

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
    If you are not convinced that schools are a good investment,here is the math to convince you that Village Schools are indeed a good investment now that they are upgradeable.
    I don't quite understand why do you include residences and provision house to the license count. You will need one provision house anyway and residences for your settlers produced at schools. Otherwise I agreed with your calculations.

On the other hand I'm not quite convinced yet that I should upgrade schools from level 4 to level 5. At current market prices the value for the materials is 3000 gc or 100 000 bread. With that bread you can make 4000 settlers. School upgrade increase production by 12 settlers/day. Payback time is 333 days, if I calculated correctly.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You can figure your own math any way you like. That's how I calculate it for my purposes. My economy is based on adventures, so granite is not expensive to me, but space is at a premium on my island. If your economy is based on fish, by all means, get the Fish Farms.

One of my guildmates produces nothing but Bronze Swords. His economy is copper-based. He does not adventure. A schoolhouse is worthless to him.

The Village School math applies to economies that are battle-based. Obviously, if you don't recycle your recruits fairly frequently, you don't need it.

In regards to the housing licenses, There appears to be some unintended behavior relating to the Village Schools. Prior to the event, I had Six level-5 Village Schools, producing a total of 360 settlers per day. Every day when I log in, there are about 200 settlers waiting to be assigned tasks. If I happen to log out with my population at its maximum level, there are no settlers waiting for me, but as soon as I kill some off, the waiting settlers magically queue up!

Without Village Schools, that behavior does not happen.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have one village school, which is all I need for now, and it is very helpful. But I'm planning on grabbing 3 of them anyway just in case. No sense passing up limited items.

Same with the fish farms. I'm not sure I actually need them, but I'll grab a few anyway.

For that matter, I don't have any use for the grim reaper either, but I plan to get him, too.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Fish farms are making fish for nothing. There is no need to make fish food, no need to watch them, or maintain them. Put them up, upgrade and that's all you got to do to get your fish. And they also save you Build Lic. With the expansion islands around the corner every BL saved by shop/event/gem bought item will count. We don't know if BB will raise the BL limit (certainly hope so), but even if they do that will cost gems.

Fish farms are not necessity, but a very useful utility saving you BL's. 3 (or more if you buy extra) building that don't need anything from me to do. Thank you BB, we appreciate it

Reply to Thread