Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: About those village schools...

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    nice win win situation offer, I missed the christmass event and now I want the gold tower at least, if it is possible other stuff as well on the next event

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I started playing during the Halloween event. I did some research about the village school before diving in, as it was the first "big" item I bought. Half the people were saying it was not worth it. I'm glad I did not listen to that half. Still, I was only able to afford 1, so it would nice to have more.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by CL_Aurboth View Post
    Two months ago, when the village schools were offered in the X-mas event, many people asked which items they should prioritize. The universal answer was the schools are last, as they would give only 1 person every 2 hours, or a total of 12 a day. As it would take a significant number of schools just to increase the basic rate enough to see a difference, it was not a reasonable investment.

On behalf of myself and everyone else who gave this advice, I am sorry. In the latest test server patch, these school were made upgrade-able. The school now is linked to the storehouse, which does increase the travel time, but not a significant amount compared to the 2 hour cycle time. However, the number of settlers does increase with each level, making a potential 5 settlers every 2 hours, or 60 settlers a day. Each 8 levels of schools can double the basic rate of settler recruitment.

As this was not known at the time of the event where extra schools were available, perhaps Blue Byte would be able to add them in with another event in the future (hint: Easter). This would give people the chance to get the extra ones without waiting another year.
    Most likely because I didn't do the event the right way, all I could afford during the Halloween event was ONE silo. Let alone a Village School or even improved warehouse.

If it wasn't the appeal of having a Silo, I would've gotten an improved warehouse.

So I for one (not being in the forums during the time), definitely don't blame anyone, I would've loved a village school, since now it is upgradeable, but even so, I didn't even have enough for anything really last Halloween.

I don't know what happened during Christmas, but I was definitely able to get everything I wanted from the Christmas event, Halloween not so much. And I pray that I can do the Easter Event with everything I would like.

If anything, I'd blame the fact, Pumpkins were so rare during the Halloween. Maybe because I was at a lower level, but presents were easier to get, and I think Easter Eggs are easy to get as well. But Pumpkins, that's one rare commodity that was hard to get, otherwise I would've gotten all three. One village school, One Improved Warehouse, One Silo. Hopefully next year, your explorers can get quite a bit of pumpkins.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    is it possible to sell the village school? I dismantled it and it appears in the star menu, but doesn't come up when i try and list it...
    Craig.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by cransam View Post
    is it possible to sell the village school? I dismantled it and it appears in the star menu, but doesn't come up when i try and list it...
    Craig.
    nope not tradable you're stuck with it in star

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Got my first school at the event put my calculator to use and crunched few numbers. I liked what I saw then and bought 5 more from shop. Back then 72 settlers a day didn't look so spectacular, but when I x30 days it made a difference. The schools meant a free RB run every 9 days.

Now I have a free RB run every 2.5 days. And that's without buffing the schools

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i don't have the patience for them i got the 3 from this event and ran a few BNs and it's just way too slow for me. i guess if all you do is LSs or maybe 1-2 adventures a week they are great but do 5-7 RBs or 10 BNs a day and they just take up space

World
    Ares
    My village schools are good complement to the usual bread settlers. Can't complain. They are at level 5 though. I won't have space for this year's schools.
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Invest in Schools

If you are not convinced that schools are a good investment,here is the math to convince you that Village Schools are indeed a good investment now that they are upgradeable.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Breathless; 10-17-14 at 11:07 am. Reason: Correcting minor mathematical errors

Recruit
    In a house, in a town, in a province, in a country
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
    If you are not convinced that schools are a good investment,here is the math to convince you that Village Schools are indeed a good investment now that they are upgradeable.

Can you do that now for every chain? Even i can follow that chart

Reply to Thread