Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a New Player. What Guild Should I Join?

Settler
    World
    Ares

I'm a New Player. What Guild Should I Join?

I have seen so many new players come into the trade tab asking for basic help/trades that their guilds should be able to help them with that I have to start this thread......

So you're new and you wanna' join a guild? Someone in the moshpit that is Global-1 says "Hey, join my guild, we'll help ya' out!". Or worse yet, they just send you a blind invite (VERY cheesy and desperate....No quality guild does this) You're new, you don't know whether to accept the invite or not...here are some things that you might want to consider:

*What does the guild description say about the guild? Do they complete guild quests or not? Is that important to you? (Completion of guild quests = guild coins)
    *Is the guild a special interest guild? If so, is that special interest something that you identify with?
    *What level are the players in the guild? Are they high enough in level to be able to help new players? (Guilds should be able to help and teach new players that join the guild.)
    *How many inactive players are on the guild roster? More inactives = a less helpful and fun guild
    *What time zone do most of the players in that guild play in? If the majority of the players are in a time zone that is 10 hours different from yours you may be pretty lonely and left languishing if you need some help.
    *How many players are in the guild? That may be a very good indication of how good the guild actually is, but bigger doesn't always mean better!
    *NEVER EVER pay a fee to join a guild. Some guilds may ask you a few questions to see if you're a good fit, but NO REPUTABLE GUILD will charge you a fee to join, or dues to remain a member.

And never forget that you can quit a guild at any time. You may rejoin another guild 24 hours after you leave your current guild.

Feel free to contact me ingame if you have any questions. Enjoy your game!

DJ

Settler
    World
    Ares
    And allow me to reiterate....Never EVER, EVER pay to join a guild.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    LoAr is currently accepting new members who are 18+ years of age and login at least 5 times a week to complete guildquests.

World
    Zeus
    Join a guild where you fit in with the current members.
    Last edited by Wimpy; 06-13-15 at 03:44 am.

World
    Zeus
    I never realized just how arrogant and elitists you are.
    All you are really doing is putting down other guilds and promoting yours at the expense of others.

Well, hopefully people will catch on to your tricks.

Go have fun with your "quality" guild. The place where all the "quality" players go.

The rest of us sub-standard players and guilds will take your scraps, the ones not good enough for you.
    Last edited by EpsilonSilver; 06-12-15 at 07:43 am.

World
    Zeus
    Secret Agenda......BUSTED!

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    The rest of us sub-standard players and guilds will take your scraps, the ones not good enough for you.
    Perfect! I seem to recall that you were one of (or maybe the only one) trying to charge people to belong to your guild, lol.

Reply to Thread