Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Copper Production Bottleneck

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    A less expensive option is to build 6 Quality mines to L3 and have someone Irma buff them. ~14k/12hrs (depending on your storehouse placement) and you can do it 3x a day fairly inexpensively (badges are nice at 3x easily 4-times as expensive)

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    then 14k copper ore goes to 28k bronze bars which goes to 56k tools/swords per day. i think you will be fine.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If you will refer to the math in my first response you will see that you can get more copper from selling the resources you spend to badge buff and level up your mines. I don't find the strategy of buffing the production chain every 6 hours or (every 8 hours from a friend) very practical as I am not on the game that much. I do like the irma buff strategy appealing. Even if I do it just once a day it will get me to where I want to go for now.

6 L3 mines irma buffed will yield 9924 copper ore. This costs 1200 tools, 720 fish, 360 bread, 120 sausage and this is equal to about 2725 copper. This leaves a net gain of about 7200 copper ore in 12 hrs. This seems more reasonable to me.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Upgrade to lvl 2, buff with baskets. I do not really see a point in tearing down mines until you get quality deposits, but if it makes you happy go for it.

World
    Ares
    Upgrade to level 2 or 3 depending on your needs. Some buffs wouldn't hurt either.
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Looking at this though you would need more than 1 buff per mine if only level 2. For level 3 i know it runs out in 9 hours if you have a warehouse nearby. Personally i go level 3 or 4 fast mine which ever gets me below 9 hours and then do badges. I have plenty of copper ore.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Upgrade to lvl 2, buff with baskets. I do not really see a point in tearing down mines until you get quality deposits, but if it makes you happy go for it.
    Reasons why you should (have 2 explorers specced for fast copper):

1) that way all your mines are on the same time synch
    2) MORE ORE. copper IS a bottleneck unless you only have a few copper smelters. even then, its a valuable ore to sell.
    3) easier to maintain full up time on buffs throughout duration of mines length.
    4) the copper ore you get from repeated copper searches will probably add up to the extra tools spent per day.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I like to be different. I sell my marble for copper ore and i use wood and stone to make tools. Never seem to have an issue. But I am not a min/max Settlers player. I just do what works for my needs.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaneste View Post
    I like to be different. I sell my marble for copper ore and i use wood and stone to make tools. Never seem to have an issue. But I am not a min/max Settlers player. I just do what works for my needs.
    Yes, using a few extra licenses on masons and pinewood mills and provisioning your tools, frees up the bronze for sword production and helps divert the bottleneck. (stacks of tools are provisioned in negligible prov house time).

It's actually more profitable to sell badges / badge ingredients and buy copper ore or bronze swords -- than it is to use badges on copper mines.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I never said I did any buffing. MY island runs slow, but quite well with out buffing.

Reply to Thread