Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Tab Etiquette

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Post Trade Tab Etiquette

I wish that people would show more etiquette whilst on the trade tab.

1) Terms like "best deal ever!!" or "get it now while you can!!" are mindless.

2) I think players should not waste their time or other peoples by posting bad deals when there are better deals in the T.O.

3) "whisper for prices" huh? if it's such a good deal tell us what it is....

Lets make the trade tab work, where players can get be informed of fair deals.

Grafxfx.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    number 3- means im trying to rip u off if u don't know prices so others cant comment and say if its fare or not. yes I agree with u. most trades ppl post is insane and just a shot in the dark

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    number 3 does not always mean that. I use number 3 sometimes because I am at a high risk of getting into a bidding war if i announce the price. A lot of players are jackals, watching other players trades - announcing your price lets the jackals in. Right now I am willing to pretty much pay top price for ISH, so are a few other people, if i announce a price, it will start a bidding war. If i dont - then its up to the seller to bring together the different ISH buyers and get a bidding war going.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    My problem with #3 is people who don't negotiate. If I offer 2k, and you say "too low" but refuse to counter-offer you obviously have a price in mind. I'm not wasting my time bidding against myself with 2.1, 2.2 etc etc until I reach that number that you could have just countered with. If you are hoping for a better than average deal, then counter offer with a higher number than you are looking for and maybe we can meet somewhere above the middle. I shouldn't have to explain how haggling works.

Just as annoying imo is when someone post "whisper offer, highest bid gets it", since it's simply not true. If one person whispers an offer of 1 fish, and no one else whispers are you really going to give it to them?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    putting an open price out there just makes it easier for everyone not just the players with MEGA coins to buy up alot of the stuff just to hoard it raising prices as many do.
    Last edited by G_F_M; 03-11-14 at 10:26 am. Reason: made no sense

Settler
    World
    Ares
    #1/#2 People do this when they don't check the TO, don't know the going rate, etc .. Or, they are marketing hoping to hook someone who doesn't know the prices (or if there are none on the TO to compare with). Like at this very moment on Ares(I just checked), there are no Witch Towers on the TO. If I had one, I could say something like. Witch Tower for sale at best avil price. This would be true, but it is also misleading.

#3 See above comments

World
    Zeus
    If players would stop all the judging and just play the game.
    Players can do as they please as long as it's in the TOS.
    BB really could crack down on all the player harassment over prices.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    If players would stop all the judging and just play the game.
    Players can do as they please as long as it's in the TOS.
    BB really could crack down on all the player harassment over prices.
    Or, the developers could 'fix' trade tab so that players would have some idea of the value of products.

I've never before seen a market that didn't track the high bid and low ask and last trade history or volume. Along with such a poor game design that there often isn't a bid for most products due to such low demand or no ask for products due to lack of supply.

Without the simple feedback from the market, it lends itself to exploitation -- and it's being exploited. Hence the player harassment.

The fact that the market gets turned upside-down every event and has zero stability designed in doesn't help either.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    As Bob Dylan once said, The times they are a-changing.....

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Or, the developers could 'fix' trade tab so that players would have some idea of the value of products.

I've never before seen a market that didn't track the high bid and low ask and last trade history or volume. Along with such a poor game design that there often isn't a bid for most products due to such low demand or no ask for products due to lack of supply.

Without the simple feedback from the market, it lends itself to exploitation -- and it's being exploited. Hence the player harassment.

The fact that the market gets turned upside-down every event and has zero stability designed in doesn't help either.
    I've never seen a game that tracks the Trade market for you. Thats our job to know prices. Please name 2 games that the market tracks the trade for you in game.
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Reply to Thread