Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissapearing / Missing population

Mayor
    World
    Ares

Dissapearing / Missing population

Yesterday i had 4190 pop -- i know because was looking to build a residence to increase it (because i had built too many wells so they had no workers).... this morning i log in and there are 178 missing.... just gone.. I haven't run any adventures in 2 days. ?? AND its not creating people in the mayor's house. Screenshot shows - next settler in " - minutes" ???? ?? please fix this asap.

screen shot

http://ciara.smugmug.com/Computers/M...19%20AM-XL.jpg
    ciara_belle)

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Settlers population bug

As noted in the patch notes, very discretely, they have implemented a fix to the negative working population bug. Please read here for details.

forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/27617-INFO-No-new-settlers-population-count

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm having the same issue as Ciara.. Missing over 300 population all of a sudden. No idea how to staff new mines to keep buildings running, and I just started premium yesterday trying to hit my next level. Fix quick please!!!!!!!!

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Sorry to reply to my own thread, but an easy fix on the game side would be to give everyone some settlers, as with the daily log in bonus. That way it would help people refill their population and prevent people from trying to make their own refills or be delayed in making buildings. No one really chose to have that bug, unlike other potential exploits, so many feel they are being penalized for being affected by it.

World
    Zeus
    It is hard to beleive that this was a fix?
    Last edited by Wimpy; 03-13-14 at 05:31 am.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    I'll bet that most everyone has a problem with this latest "fix"
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    "Improvements related to negative amount of working settlers"

The good news is that the negative settlers population that some have been experiencing will be fixed. Every account's population will be recalculated and will now display the correct amount of settlers.

However, after the calculations, you might notice that you appear to have "lost" some settlers or are above your current population limit. In the past, the population limitations were ignored in some cases and players had too many settlers in their settlements. This maintenance has corrected that issue, meaning that although your population might show as 3000 settlers, you only have the space for 2000. In this case, if you try to build something, you would not have an employee available to make the goods.

There are two workarounds for this issue. Neither are ideal, but they are available:
    1. Build or upgrade your residences to increase your population limit.
    2. Decrease the amount of settlers you have by "losing" troops during adventures.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    inexplicably bb has posted this after i started this thread --- (the same as the link in the post above).
    forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/27617-INFO-No-new-settlers-population-count

(would have been nice for them to reply to this)... also apparantly subscription to thread doesnt work on this forum... (i sub'd but got no notice if new posts). and someone has started another thread under new posts in townhall (??)

i am still losing peeps - 2 more since i started the thread.... and i've now logged out as a test .... i also built a res to see if it kicked creating settlers in gear - nope. (and more disturbing is just losing 178 plus for no reason)

I had to buy 10k copper ore and 5k iron ore to get my island working again this morning - since no settlers would work the mines.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Based on your screen shot, you have 178 more settlers than space in your houses.
    The working settler count has been under reported for a while. These undocumented workers allowed us to temporarily use more than our population limit. As the government caught on and required all settlers to register, it is sending people over the population cap. See psaltery's previous post for a link to the issue and how to adjust for the registration of these immigrants.

Reply to Thread