Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about the population changes

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    This is crap. I'm 800 settlers over pop and I'm only at 3600 total pop after batch. So you want me to kill my recruits so I can continue with my Island production. I think this is the last straw, time to quit. If a game makes a mistake the error goes in the players favor not a crippling set back. Watch your player population decline...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel_Sarkar View Post
    Yours didn't show "-150 Unemployed settlers"?
    Nope. Fortunately I never had the negative pop issue (could also be that I never noticed it), although I know quite a few that do. I'm guessing the hamster running the computer that hosts my account was doing a better job.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    If I hadn't been in a position to buy 800 population worth of new residences, this would have been really crippling.
    Woke up flipped from -1050 working settlers to +425 --- 1475 worth of population capacity.

Thanks for absolutely no heads-up there, BBs ... good frickin' job.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel_Sarkar View Post
    Dude last night I was 600 away from max because I hadn't queed all the cavalry. This morning I logged in, I had 0 pop. I checked my population. I was now -600 pop instead of + pop. Then I took a look at my working settlers count after zbest told me the fix they did last night then I knew what happened so I know how this occurred. I was one of those people that had "-1.X" unemployed settlers instead of "1.X" settlers.

Before maintaince, my pop limit was almost to 11k, now I'm at 10.5k. I had to cancel some troops in my barracks log out and 6 hrs later log back in and it resolved the issue. So yes, I'm going "assume" your not bothering to check the population area like they are asking you and you probably don't recall your working settlers #.

Ezequiel, I had 4150 pop limit yesterday. BEFORE the maintenance, I had a few unemployed settlers, but the population total was LESS THAN 4150. I did not ever have '-150' or anything like that. I opened the game this morning, and it was '0 unemployed.' I had 3189/4150, and as mines or wells emptied out, it never showed a new 'unemployed' settler.

I did not have excess population over my limit. Neither did davnator, according to what he posted.

zbest, you were operating well over the population limit, basically exploiting the bug.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I had about 3860 or so population limit, then after the maint, it dropped, now my limit is 3550, reason??

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    There were a few ways this could effect you:

1) put you over the population limit, in which case you need to first 1) kill soldiers or add pop building and 2) add settlers from star/let them grow in mayors until the "negative that you owe the server" is taken care of

2) You wont be over the population limit, but you didn't have enough available free settlers to cancel out what you "owe" the server. In this case, add population from star/wait for mayors to grow settlers

3) you are not over population limit and had more free settlers then you owed (this was the case for me). An example: I went from 22450/23500 with 2500 free to 22450/23500 with 2200 free. I "owed" the server ~ 300, and it took it out of my free settlers.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    I think I detect a classic SNAFU.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am in the same situation as zbest, but I do not consider myself as "exploiting" the bug; that term implies intent. I was totally unaware of my imbalance. It could take me days to get everything back in balance, assuming I have enough building licenses (I haven't done the math yet). To zbest's point, a little notice ahead of time would have been nice. If the bug has been there for 2 years, surely we could have been given a couple of weeks to get our numbers back in compliance before the rug was pulled out from under us. And all BB has to say is "Cheers" and "Happy Settling". Not even an "Oops, sorry!"

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    there was no "intent" on the part of the players that i know of to exploit this bug. I reported it back in June, NINE MONTHS AGO. The developers created this bug, and allowed it continue for a long time. At the least we should all get a noble. To "fix" it overnight with severe repercussions to some players just is not right
    please continue to advocate for the players, Rawren

World
    Ares
    I also had below my population max before maint... I believe it was 7620/8050. It could be just that number is stuck in my head, because that is what I was stuck with all morning after maint. When I logged in I had 7620/8050... no matter how long I waited... re-logged in... or added bread people and retired bandit population (several hundreds of them)... I could not change from 7620/8050. How about refunding us the bread people we used to buff out mayor to no effect due to this... "fix"?

Reply to Thread