Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about the population changes

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think the bigger issue is that people's population will not go up again, even after they are below the cap. I tore down a well, and my working settlers decreased (as per normal) and my current settlers ALSO decreased, as if a military unit had died. Even if this did not raise my unemployed settlers, there is no reason it should lower my current population. Even if this is only a display error, it's still an error... why would you fix a bug just to allow another one?

PS: So, both the 'claim' AND the 'pay resources' button have been replaced by check marks. Why? Because you WANT people to be more confused? or so you don't have to use different versions of the button in different languages? lazy...
    Signed, Mr regretting giving these people money.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It will go up again. Once your current shortage is made up, your population and unemployed settlers will begin to increase.

Well, if you currently have less settlers than your population limit. If you are over pop limit, you now have to build the housing you had already needed; but didn't 'need' due to the bug.

On a peak over looking my island surrounded by black dragons
    World
    Zeus
    I must be an idiot. I didn't notice anything before or after. Oh well.

World
    Zeus
    Something doesn't add up here - if you'll pardon the pun. I ran and adventure before this happened and was supposedly about 800 below my cap. No, I didn't actually add up all my troops and working settlers. I had known that the negative settler number was showing - it was somewhere between -50 and zero. So, without doing anything my unemployed settlers goes to zero overnight, then later on in the morning I have 95 spare settlers. So when I had zero how could I be at my max? I would have had to be more than 800 over my max for this situation. And - I got an increase in settlers since then. No one was killed off. That should not be. If there were actually two fixes made, the first one being when everyone got the zero, which was a bad fix, and then another one which corrected it, I will believe that - but can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything here? The good news - everything is adding up now, and I am only 610 below my max (ie - I'm adding settlers now).

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    the negative workers has been a known glitch for a while (long while) by many. you should have seen by the numbers of licenses you used and total pop that something was off. all they are doing is correcting this accounting error. so if your pop is so low that you need to kill off troops or build/upgrade residences then whose fault is that? we were told of the updates a couple days ago I for one just killed a couple k troops and added bandits and just waited. yes my working pop went up over night but it shouldn't have been a big deal. and as for a not knowing you prob need to check the forums more often the patch notes have been out for 2 days no
    Many of us did NOT have a negative workers number. I never did EVER. Less than 1400 military units, less than 400 workers and under 100 unemployed settlers does not surpass 3800 population. There was no reason for them to take away all of my unemployed settlers, make retired bandits vanish and take away workers leaving me with 0 for raw materials this morning effectively shutting down hire levels in production for the day. The reply to my support ticket amounted to I must have removed housing which is total bull crap and wasn't ever done. They hosed many of us for no reason. They screwed up.

If it was true, now that all things have workers again and I'm producing settlers again, under that logic and their math, I would be negative again. This is total bull crap.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    This is BS Those of us who pay premium should be reimbursed For our time being wasted!

Everything was working fine till you guys did your update.

It should not be us having to do adventures to get population down
    fix what you did or turn everything back to yesterday's settings.

We have wasted a whole day trying to deal with this.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn_ap_Nudd View Post
    So if I understand: Through no fault of my own I now have to upgrade my residents to make room for the over population bug fix. I currently have no production in some (and soon all) of my mines due to a negative population balance as I don't refill my mines before collapse as I'm a fairly new player and my new built mines have no population to assign. So I can look forward to not only the loss of produced items, but also the mandatory cost of upgrading my residents before I was ready to. AND I now also have to spend highly coveted licenses on more residents.

TOS you REALLY need to rethink how this solution is impacting the players. TOS you really couldn't have sat down and come up with this fix and not take into account the cost to players? Could you?

AS is I have to come up with more than 80,000 Hardwood Planks and Marble to "catch" up to my negative population balance. In the mean time I will have no copper, iron, coal, or gold ore coming in. So with no ore coming in I have no weapons production, no tools production, and as my water wells dry up I'll run out of water as well since I won't have any new workers to assign to the new wells I build. I could go on but I think you get the picture. I almost bought your max gem package during your last happy hour, but I'm glad I didn't. As is I'm ready to give up on TOS if they can't come up with a fair resolution, to a problem created from an unknown problem to begin with.

OH and yes I know I can run adventures to kill off my military, but I am not able to run any new adventures right now with any expectation of completing them as I don't have enough troops to actually win any adventure I could currently play at my current level. TOS if you think I'm going to just kill of my military to fix your mistake you are gravely mistaken!! How then do I get back my resources and time put into those military units to begin with??

I agree with this. My Island is going to get all messed up because of this so called fix. Why should we be paying with our troops and gems to fix your mistake. Who is going to compensate us for all of this?
    I bought gem pits to help me in the game not to fix things that you guys did.
    I sure am not going to waste them on nobles to get my population up because you guys had a bug in the system. I sure am glad now that I did not waste anymore money on this bleedin' game to get more gem pits in the sale the other day.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen-Andromeda View Post
    I agree with this. My Island is going to get all messed up because of this so called fix. Why should we be paying with our troops and gems to fix your mistake. Who is going to compensate us for all of this?
    I bought gem pits to help me in the game not to fix things that you guys did.
    I sure am not going to waste them on nobles to get my population up because you guys had a bug in the system. I sure am glad now that I did not waste anymore money on this bleedin' game to get more gem pits in the sale the other day.
    Why are you complaining about them fixing a Bug? You know that there was a problem with the negative working settlers. They stated that they were going to fix it so you had lots of time to get your settler population under your population limit. It's not there fault for fixing the bug, its your fault.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Why are you complaining about them fixing a Bug? You know that there was a problem with the negative working settlers. They stated that they were going to fix it so you had lots of time to get your settler population under your population limit. It's not there fault for fixing the bug, its your fault.
    Why am I complaining!

My game was fine when I went offline last night before the maint. was done.
    My population had absolutely no issues.
    I replaced my mines before I went off so they could run while I was away.

Today I come on and none of my mines that were replaced have any people in them.
    Then I see that the population is all wacked.

Then I come on here to find out what is going on and I am told that I am experiencing a fix????
    And now you tell me it is my fault! piss off.

I come on here to play this game with my daughter and to help me relieve stress from RL.
    I buy premium points every chance I get and now I am told I have to use MY Gems that
    I paid for to fix something that this games tech people messed up to begin with.
    If anyone should pay for the upgrades to get the population back in line it is the people
    who made this game.
    Not the ones who have already wasted their money in a game that won't take responsibility for their mistakes.

As for knowing there was a problem with Negative workers.
    No I did not know there was a problem with that because when I left this game before maintenance everything was great.
    I had no issues with any population problem before the upgrade was done.

I knew nothing of the sort till I came here.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I find it amusing people cannot adapt. Just because you did not go over pop limit does not mean you still owe the server some settlers. It might of wiped out your "free settlers" at which point - add some more settlers.

If you really dont have settlers to add...you need to start saving them up. It comes in handy later on when you might blow through 15k settlers in a day and 25k in 3 days.

So yes - i have 6.25m sitting in my star menu in the form of settlers (250k pop). Allows me flexibility. Something like todays update is a minor inconvenience compared to a server lagging during a block. I think their mistakes that have hurt blocking in the past give us a more legit reason to gripe then this fix that people did not know about (did you not read patch notes? but what is that, some knew about it? i knew about it and made sure i was under pop cap with free settlers to accomodate the fix...).

If you are in a pickle from this: its your own dang fault for not paying attention and reading. You deserve getting gouged by TH on nobles.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Reply to Thread