Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about the population changes

World
    Zeus
    I have no spare pop. Anyone not working or troops just went awol. as mines run out, the operator of the mine just " goes away" WTF ??? I bought and built another noble, no good, didnt raise my max pop,did NOT give me ONE settler, much less the 30 it should have added. cannot run any mines. No mines = no weapons = no adventures = NO GAME. Going to have to sleep my island till you fix this, IF that day Ever comes. Guess I will go play Anno till you fix things here.........Oh wait, nothing much works right there either......maybe I should go buy a good book.
    You guys need to fix this SOON.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I didn't notice any negative population on my island etc, however there was a short fall (possible that I did at some point have negative population). Build houses, add bread, done. No need to gripe at a fix that would have been much worse had they let the issue continue.

Kill off some recruits, get some loot, add more bread. Seriously....

World
    Zeus
    Did ALL of that, big surprise, it did not work. I had NO issues at all till " The Fix " . So killing recruits is no fix in this case. " Build Houses" ? Maybe YOU have room for them, I do not. I did add one, did no good at all. BB should FIX the game, its just that simple. So....tell me ten more things I need to do to "fix" what they broke.
    Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    I find it amusing people cannot adapt. Just because you did not go over pop limit does not mean you still owe the server some settlers. It might of wiped out your "free settlers" at which point - add some more settlers.

If you really dont have settlers to add...you need to start saving them up. It comes in handy later on when you might blow through 15k settlers in a day and 25k in 3 days.

So yes - i have 6.25m sitting in my star menu in the form of settlers (250k pop). Allows me flexibility. Something like todays update is a minor inconvenience compared to a server lagging during a block. I think their mistakes that have hurt blocking in the past give us a more legit reason to gripe then this fix that people did not know about (did you not read patch notes? but what is that, some knew about it? i knew about it and made sure i was under pop cap with free settlers to accomodate the fix...).

If you are in a pickle from this: its your own dang fault for not paying attention and reading. You deserve getting gouged by TH on nobles.

Many people, like me, had no apparent issue with population. Mine fluctuated normally, down after an adventure, back up to the pop limit, and not beyond the limit. Unless I were to sit down and count my production count and match that against working settlers, and then verify my military count, no 'free settlers' were apparent. I do not live in the forums, I play the game. Before the 'fix,' my population was coming back UP towards the limit after an adventure. I went to bed with a very few unemployed after building wells and mines, and troops. I woke up with mines spent, wells dry, and no unemployed settlers. Claiming I am to blame, or deserve some ridicule for not noticing that I would be affected by something that didn't match the "negative unemployed settler problem" is a bit over the top. Are you here for playing TSO, or for playing the other players?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Does not take much time to learn about future updates.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    Does not take much time to learn about future updates.
    This one had nothing to do with me, as far as I could tell. Reading the patch note gave no indication that I had anything to prepare for.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapdonius View Post
    This one had nothing to do with me, as far as I could tell. Reading the patch note gave no indication that I had anything to prepare for.
    No it did not give any indication that this was going to happen. My problem is because I have no extra licenses I would have to use my gems to buy Nobles to fix the problem they created. Without any compensation for the Gems I would lose to do this. Gems cost money! And if you go out to suicide your troops then you will still not be reimbursed for the resources it cost you to make the troops to do this.

World
    Zeus
    I think it's pretty clear that the consequences of this fix (messed up islands, loss of hundreds(?) of settlers, seeing a big red "zero" settler count, unhappy players) was entirely unintended. The design staff probably thought it would be a minor thing. It's pointless and annoying to blame players for not knowing about this ahead of time, either. I for one don't go around checking that my settler counts balance. I just do my island maintenance, search for collectibles, find treasures, and go on adventures, like everyone else. Anything that interferes with this makes us unhappy campers! I do agree that eliminating unemployed settlers is preferable to eliminating recruits or working settlers, so I'm glad about that part. If you have a settler shortage now, I suggest looking for settler housing on the Trade Office as those don't require building licenses. They may be costly, but they don't cost gems at least. At this point that's the best advice I would have. Overall I have to say TSO is a really good game, works well about 99% of the time (remember the balloon collecting?) and we'll get by this glitch. And please! No more blaming players for being angry!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Use bread, make retired bandits, and add them to your mayors house until your population is normal. Not a big deal.

World
    Zeus
    I just visited a friend's island and saw the havoc caused by this. He has not reduced his overall population, and all his new mines and new wells are without a settler to run them. It's pretty upsetting! His population must have been way out of whack. So, here's some advice: First - go on an adventure and kill off recruits! If you don't have enough supplies for this, work with your guild to get them or to go on a cooperative adventure. It's the quickest way to solve the problem and you get something back for the effort. Second - don't build any new wells! Yes, you will run out of water eventually, but that is preferable to a shortage from mines. I also believe that when waiting for a settler, your wells and mines are queued up in the order in which they were completed - another reason to hold off on wells for as long as possible. Note that this does not apply to fields - fields are harvested one at a time and are kind of a resource like trees (even though you pay to create them). Harvesting is controlled by the settler occupying the nearest farm. Once you start seeing unemployed settlers appear, you can start up the wells again.
    My guess is that anyone who has a large military is being hurt a lot by this and anyone who recently finished an adventure probably hardly notices it.

Reply to Thread