Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Information about the population changes

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    Slpadonius...nothing wrong with your case, it's just another scenario.

Example - before the fix: population cap 2000. Army 1500. Employed 300, Unemployed 100 - total 1900.
    What happened is the number of employed settler is (was) wrong, in this example the number of buildings could be 450, although was displayed as 300 only (employed settlers). So you had a deficit of 150.

After the fix - they took all the unemployed (100) to cover your deficit plus the settlers generated during maintenance, so you have 1500 army, lets say 425 employed, and 0 unemployed. You still have a 25 settlers deficit - so next 25 generated will have to cover that minus, and only after that you will see the number greater than zero. In some cases this deficit was in hundreds/thousands so you may have to wait or drop settlers from star menu.
    I understand all of that.
    Now. That was not apparent before the patch, through forum posts, patch notes, or otherwise.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    I do understand, but I don't think your understanding me. Either way, even if you didn't have a negative number, it was still going down no matter what you say it was happening. So therefor you owed the game settlers. If you want the issue fix, add Retired Settlers to your mayors house until it starts going up. If you don't want to do that then you'd have to wait till the number goes up on it's own which will take days or even weeks.
    What you seem to be not accepting is that my situation gave NO indication that I would be affected, either by what I experienced prior to the patch, or through communications presented by BB.

I know NOW that it was going to be fixed no matter what. I had NO INKLING that I had any issue that would be affected by the fix of an issue that as near as I could tell, did not affect my account.

I have already 'fixed' my lack of settlers. I understand what happened. It was a pr failure to patch it the way BB did without warning those who never had the 'negative settler' issue.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Geboren View Post
    All I can see from all the complaints here is the same statement just slightly reworded.

"I can't or actively choose not to read"

Seriously people quit your moaning you have no one to blame but yourselves.
    Geboren, your comment is quite uncalled for.

The patch note had NO INFORMATION to key me in that I would have been affected. I did not have a 'negative settlers' issue. Why you choose to be continually condescending to others is beyond me.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapdonius View Post
    What you seem to be not accepting is that my situation gave NO indication that I would be affected, either by what I experienced prior to the patch, or through communications presented by BB.

I know NOW that it was going to be fixed no matter what. I had NO INKLING that I had any issue that would be affected by the fix of an issue that as near as I could tell, did not affect my account.

I have already 'fixed' my lack of settlers. I understand what happened. It was a pr failure to patch it the way BB did without warning those who never had the 'negative settler' issue.
    Geboren, your comment is quite uncalled for.

The patch note had NO INFORMATION to key me in that I would have been affected. I did not have a 'negative settlers' issue. Why you choose to be continually condescending to others is beyond me.
    But it's okay for players to bash and attack the BB's?

What makes you think that this patch wasn't going to effect you but everyone else?... Just because you say you didn't have "negative settlers" doesn't mean you were still effected by this bug.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    But it's okay for players to bash and attack the BB's?

What makes you think that this patch wasn't going to effect you but everyone else?... Just because you say you didn't have "negative settlers" doesn't mean you were still effected by this bug.
    Like I said already, NOW I understand that. There was nothing to indicate that before the patch. Do you not accept that?

As for 'bash and attack the BB's? I do not support doing such. But, BB (the company Blue Byte) made a pr failure in the method of patch rollout. That is not an attack or bash, it is a simple fact. When as many players are complaining about how it was done, it indicates a failure of the company in question.

But, to your comment about 'this patch wasn't going to affect me but everyone else,' that is not even close to any statements I have made. I would expect anyone who experienced the 'negative settlers' to have been affected by the patch. I would also have expected that any player who did not experience the 'negative settlers' to not be affected by the patch.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    How is it a failure in the method of a patch rollout? there is only like 10 people that are complaining about it.. So why isn't there anymore then that? I don't know... If there is over 10,000 People that understand then its not a failure.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    How is it a failure in the method of a patch rollout? there is only like 10 people that are complaining about it.. So why isn't there anymore then that? I don't know... If there is over 10,000 People that understand then its not a failure.
    It is a mistake to conclude that only those complaining either experienced the rollout the way I did, or felt it was poorly done.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It is a mistake to conclude that only those complaining either experienced the rollout the way I did, or felt it was poorly done.
    It is a mistake to conclude otherwise. And i have not been 'continually condescending'. I helped countless people yesterday solve this problem! So if you find it condescending that i knew what to do to resolve any issues players had. Not my problem

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Geboren View Post
    It is a mistake to conclude otherwise. And i have not been 'continually condescending'. I helped countless people yesterday solve this problem! So if you find it condescending that i knew what to do to resolve any issues players had. Not my problem
    I was one of those you 'helped.' Yes, you were being very condescending. Telling others to 'rage quit' over it, multiple times, as you did yesterday, is not helping others one bit. It is trolling.

but, as to 'mistake to conclude otherwise, there were definitely more than 10 simply in the help chat yesterday. And, it is typical that not everyone experiencing a problem will speak up about it. In fact, it is much more common that only a subset of those affected will speak up.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Those i told to rage quit were either those who refused to listen to advice, or those who go so incessant over the advice given and became rude and absuive to other players trying to help them. Yes I lost patience a few times after helping nearly 140 people with the problem. However nearly every single one had the issue resolved! Pretty good track record I think.

Most when explained why understood the fix and why the changes occured, others... well if its not done their way they dont want to listen.

Reply to Thread