Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about the population changes

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Information about the population changes

Dear Settlers,

Before the maintenance that took place on 03.13.2014, the mechanism responsible for adding new settlers to villages was not working properly. In some cases, villages became over-populated (i.e. amount of settlers living in a village was higher than the population limit).

The issue was fixed during maintenance and the amount of settlers was adjusted accordingly. In case a village was over-populated, the script could modify the amount of unemployed settlers and, if that was not enough, it could also adjust the amount of working settlers. No military units were affected, hence no units trained in the Barracks were removed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    • No new settlers are showing up in my village! What do I do?
      Check the amount of settlers in your village and ensure that it is not higher than the population limit. Example (population tooltip):

The amount indicated in green shows the current population limit.
      The amount indicated in red shows the amount of settlers currently living in your settlement.

If the amount of settlers assigned to your village (indicated in red) is higher than the population limit (indicated in green),
      no new settlers will show up in your village.

Solution:
      Improve the current infrastructure (i.e. upgrade and/or build residences) or lose military units that exceeds the population limit.
    • I have space for new settlers, but new settlers just disappear ("0 settlers")! What do I do?
      If you experience this behavior, it means that the amount of settlers in your village was too high before maintenance. It also means that the amount of unemployed settlers was not enough to compensate the removed settlers (the ones that were exceeding the population limit); therefore, some of the working settlers had to be adjusted as well.

In this case, all "new" settlers (added over time or with buffs) will be automatically sent to a working settlers group to replace the working settlers that had to be removed. Unemployed settlers will eventually start to show up after the gap has been filled and if there is enough living space for new settlers.

Example:
      Population limit: 1000 settlers.
      Units before the maintenance: 950 military units, 100 working settlers and 50 unemployed settlers (1100 settlers in total).
      Units after the maintenance: 950 military units, 50 working settlers and 0 unemployed settlers (1000 settlers in total).
      What will happen next in this case (example mentioned above)?
      If you'd lose some military units (e.g. adventure) or improve infrastructure (residences), new settlers will not go to the "unemployed' group, but they will be automatically sent to the "working" group to compensate for the 50 working settlers that were removed during the maintenance. This will continue until the new settlers have filled the gap.
      Solution:
      If you logout from the game for approximately 30 minutes and nobody visits your island, the visual discrepancy will be resolved.

Happy settling!
    BB_Rawren
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I suppose I'm missing something here... Before maint, I had ~18800/20150 population with ~150 unemployed settlers. After maint, I have 0 unemployed settlers, meaning my island was overpopulated before maint (i.e. 20150+/20150, according to above explanation). So, shouldn't I be at 20150/20150 now? But now my pop is 18873/20150. So where did 1277 go?! What am I missing? Alternatively why did the script took away ~150 settlers if my island wasn't overpopulated?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am also nowhere near the population cap for my island (2700/6200). Yet I lost 600+ unemployed settlers in the patch... Is this a common issue? Is this the intended behavior? It's a bit unfriendly of a change.

Edit: After a little more contemplation, this makes sense only if military units + employed units + unemployed units <> current population before patch. Is this the case? The original explanation makes it seem as if being over max population should be the only reason for loosing settlers.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am 1000 under the cap and was the same before maintenance
    I logged in this morning and had the 0 settlers issue
    when I log back in tonight I am gaining settlers properly
    but I lost all the settlers that should have been produced overnight plus the ones I added this morning to try to get some settlers for the buildings I replaced
    will we be getting these back?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have zero population (no matter what I do), used a 200% increase population buff yesterday before maintenance and was nowhere near my maximum population. I also, added 25 retirees this morning and they just disappeared. Additionally, each time it says I will be getting a new settler I get nothing! I also, have 2 mines and 2 wells that now say they need settlers?!?! Please help because the explanation above does not make sense when I was not even close to my maximum population limit.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Otuwek View Post
    I suppose I'm missing something here... Before maint, I had ~18800/20150 population with ~150 unemployed settlers. After maint, I have 0 unemployed settlers, meaning my island was overpopulated before maint (i.e. 20150+/20150, according to above explanation). So, shouldn't I be at 20150/20150 now? But now my pop is 18873/20150. So where did 1277 go?! What am I missing? Alternatively why did the script took away ~150 settlers if my island wasn't overpopulated?
    Yours didn't show "-150 Unemployed settlers"?
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

I am currently in Immortal Warriors.
    I currently ranked Unsullied.

Playing since October 2011 in Zeus Server.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina1116 View Post
    I have zero population (no matter what I do), used a 200% increase population buff yesterday before maintenance and was nowhere near my maximum population. I also, added 25 retirees this morning and they just disappeared. Additionally, each time it says I will be getting a new settler I get nothing! I also, have 2 mines and 2 wells that now say they need settlers?!?! Please help because the explanation above does not make sense when I was not even close to my maximum population limit.
    They understand your frustration as well as do I. It wasn't make sense this morning but last night your working settlers limit was at negative amount not a positive one. When they did maintaince, they changed the working settlers into a positive number and fixed the bug that has been there for over 2 yrs finally. Unfurtantely if you were at negative amount, that meant your max pop was higher then it was suppose to be so when they fixed it, it also lowered your maximum population.

Please take a look at your new population and see what it says.

They should have had used a screenshot before they fixed it and provided that and used that in the example in my opinion.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was also 1000+ under cap - I had just completed an adventure - When I logged in I was at 0 and added 200 which did not appear - then when you "fixed" things the 200 did not reappear. Please check your assumption about max.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by davnator View Post
    I was also 1000+ under cap - I had just completed an adventure - When I logged in I was at 0 and added 200 which did not appear - then when you "fixed" things the 200 did not reappear. Please check your assumption about max.
    Dude last night I was 600 away from max because I hadn't queed all the cavalry. This morning I logged in, I had 0 pop. I checked my population. I was now -600 pop instead of + pop. Then I took a look at my working settlers count after zbest told me the fix they did last night then I knew what happened so I know how this occurred. I was one of those people that had "-1.X" unemployed settlers instead of "1.X" settlers.

Before maintaince, my pop limit was almost to 11k, now I'm at 10.5k. I had to cancel some troops in my barracks log out and 6 hrs later log back in and it resolved the issue. So yes, I'm going "assume" your not bothering to check the population area like they are asking you and you probably don't recall your working settlers #.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    oh goodness my pop gonna be all gimped up when or if i can can back in

Reply to Thread